[2.3 UPDATED] Aevykin's 2H Crit Ele Flicker Cycloner (2M+ Flicker DPS) - Video of Guide/Atziri Up

Sup Aevy

Sooooo... been running / loving your build in Perandus man and I've just knocked over the biggest milestone in my mind of nabbing a good 6L.

Wondering if you could experiment / trial at end game maps similar to the ones you posted today this build without acuity. Currently looking over your skill tree the biggest hangup im having is when you hit the reality of how much degen blood rage gives us without regen (Using val pact) and im wondering what the best of the options are while I save my pennies for acuity.

1) Get all the life nodes and ditch vaal pact making us slightly more tanky but no instant leach before acuity - seems dangerous with the amount of ancillary damage you take while chain flickering?
2) Get rid of all the regen clusters (aiming at around level 90 for planning sake) and use the shadow life nodes (herb/blood drinker) and vaal pact as a place holder? I'm also finding with this setup you need to remove increased duration as you literally can bleed out just searching for last packs from bloodrage.
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAQHcAl8DBAW1CZYN0Q-rES8TTBQgFr8X4SHAI_YkiyT9JpUm-CoLKjgrCjB3MHwxnjWSNdY2PTkOPs9FCkd-TZJN404yUEdRR1VLVYVZ_l3yXz9h4mKsY0NkUmVNaGVsjG87cFJ1_Xasd-N4DXh6eWiEb4TZhVKHaonTjDaNfY2_kn2XeZhvnaqly6YypleocqknqUipbqmUrY2w2LFbsw60xbVItfK9Nr3mvqe-vMAawQTBo8LswzrPftLo1CPUQti92WHcI-Jh44TkUeXP51TqGOsJ62PvDvPd9Mb3Mvjr_o__3g==?accountName=kilikai&characterName=JauntyFlicks]\

Would love to see some testing or just some advice man of what you recommend I love the power / fun of the clearing of this build man and am definitely sticking with it but the vaal pact lack of regen + blood rage connundrum makes me think how near essential acuity is.

Thanks in advance man and sick build!

Jaunty
Yeah that is a bit tricky. Well with Daresso's + Blood Drinker, you get 1% physical damage leech, plus the 1.2% from BR putting our life leech at 2.2%.

Are you still not able to out heal the degen with the 2.2% of damage as instant leech? And yeah I bleed out fairly rarely, but if I'm in a case where I am, I just quickly re-equip my boots that hold the blood rage to take the buff off.

It's a tough call, but I'd probably say just drop the vaal pact for now if the degen is such a nuisance. I initially just thought to drop blood rage, though that would decrease your instant leech to 1%, then making the vaal pact not that entirely useful in the first place.

Dropping vaal pact allows for easy use of Blood Rage, gives 3-7% life regen (depending on max frenzy charge), and we still have the 2.2% life though that now is leeched and not instant.

Not a definitive answer, but i'll look into this a bit more tomorrow.
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
Sup again Aevy

So thought I'd add my review after probably 100-200 tier 7-12 maps while levelling.

1) Builds clear speed solo is incredible like regardless of what I roll next I'll maintain this character for power farming it so hard to beat when mobs property chain ie gorges / strand / arid lake style maps
2) Vaal pact is almost not usable due to the degen from blood rage especially when combined with tricker mods like 40% regen etc
3) phys and ele reflect maps without acuity are aides, sav from swapping up to light strike gems or removing all elemental gems/auras I don't understand how this is manageable pre acuity
4) has to be one of the best temp chains characters in the game for stack management / flickers interactions with temp chains

Let us know how you find the dropping Vaal / pre acuity thoughts man.
would this build work non-crit?
Quick question. Given that this is a crit build, would an Atziri Disfavor be stronger with the higher PDPS or would Hegemony's Era also be viable given the higher crit chance and +1 Power Charge? A 6L Hegemony staff would be cheaper than Disfavor.

Thanks.
Sorry for being inactive for so long. Semester is winding down and getting busy.

I haven't tried a Hege personally with this build, although I don't see why it would not be viable. Just pick up the staff nodes instead of the axe nodes and it should work. In terms of raw numbers as to what is better, I have no idea.
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
Update:

-Added Pros/Cons Section

-Also as a side note, officially retired my character from this build, wanted to try something new to push to level 100. Will still be checking up for any questions.

If anyone is interested, the axe and jewelry I have used for this build and on this guide is available for sale.

Cheers,

Aevy
Updated to 2.3!

Scion is absolutely no longer an option for this build, if you're going a 2 handed physical build, you're going Slayer, or you're crazy.

Too bad I switched builds right before this patch, would have loved to see my new dps, which im sure would have easily surpassed 200,000 damage per flicker.

In any case, enjoy the update, more damage for everyone! (Reflect still sucks tho). :(
Last edited by Aevykin on May 27, 2016, 6:45:55 AM
Nice! Glad to see that axe shining in some videos:) great job
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
How do you generate so much frenzy. I can only get maximum of 4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info