Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

As I have just downed Uber Atziri, i thought i may leave a note here for those of you interested in the Champion version of the build

This is my gear at level 92:
gear

And this is my passive tree:

As for jewels, I have some triple damage mods + int and resists as needed. I may link them if anyone wants to see them.

I'm sitting now at 4.2k HPs, which I feel are more than enough due to the perma-fortify (24% less damage from hits is huge).

DPS is super good, as one should expect. In town I have (wrath + HoT + golem):
LA: 51k
Blast Rain: 61.6k

Fully buffed with frenzy and power charges and atziri flask i'm over 100k LA dps. I've yet to look at my Blast Rain buffed dps.

Honestly, i don't think anyone may need anymore damage than this. I'm glad I went the champion way because the extra movement speed and perma fortify is sooo nice to have (especially on Uber Atziri, where I can tank a spear and leech back to full life in less than one second xD)

This character was the most fun I had since a long time in POE. A big thank you to Mathil for the great work!

Bye!
Last edited by ThePlash on Mar 29, 2016, 3:35:56 AM
I really don't see how using Herald of Ice is better than Thunder on clearing maps. Lightning deals more damage, and since all packs die 1 shot, curses aren't even being applied (no power charges gained) when I use herald of Ice... am I not seeing something here?
IGN: LessBow
This build has to be the most overrated so far. Too immobile, requires too much GG gear to be uber viable. It'd make way more sense to play SRS, which has way more damage+mobility.
Does the champion duelist get enough defense/hp to take more than one hit VS Izaro? My Deadeye is an absolute failure VS Izaro as Evasion seems absolutely worthless against him.
"
herahera wrote:
This build has to be the most overrated so far. Too immobile, requires too much GG gear to be uber viable. It'd make way more sense to play SRS, which has way more damage+mobility.

?? are you new to this game or something

too much GG gear? pretty sure a 6L +3 staff is more ex than a 6L voltaxic, not to mention lvl 4 empower on top of it.

even with +3 staff and lvl 4 empower i think this build still out-damages it. you can make this build uber viable with 5Ls so that's less than 10ex worth of gear.

Not sure what to change or upgrade next... I only have 3.5k hp with 50-60 resists. I'm at level 83 right now.

Any advice?
"
Macromute wrote:
Does the champion duelist get enough defense/hp to take more than one hit VS Izaro? My Deadeye is an absolute failure VS Izaro as Evasion seems absolutely worthless against him.

Izaro is so slow, evasion fails vs him because some of his attacks are AOE. All you have to do is spam blink and mirror arrow, run in circles and blast rain while running in circle. He will attack copies or if he goes for you, he'll cast where you were standing if you keep circling him.
IGN: LessBow
"
Macromute wrote:

The Izaro fight is more about dodging his abilities than taking them in the face. Being a champion isn't really going to help. You need to feel when to run and when to attack.

Despite being high leveled with good gear, if I stand into one of his mortar barrages I'm gonna die for sure.
Letting him carry over his buffs from the first two trials also makes him very dangerous.

My tactic is simply to run in circles around him until I have an opening to attack (i.e. he's voll slamming the ground and the barrage is on CD), then spam blast rain. He dies from poison in 3-4 seconds.

Bye
Last edited by ThePlash on Mar 29, 2016, 3:34:02 AM
Guys, anyone using Doryani's belt with lightning dmg? Am using it but don't know is it good?
Any belt with added ele damage seems to have more damage than "Doryani's belt with lightning dmg"
Last edited by knotzthar on Mar 29, 2016, 6:10:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info