Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

"
If I wanted to adapt this build for use with a Drillneck, can anyone let me know what I'd need to change (If anything) to make it work?

It's better to just use the frost wall LA pierce method than use a drillneck imo. I've been using it and really enjoying it so far.
"
Zellman wrote:
"
If I wanted to adapt this build for use with a Drillneck, can anyone let me know what I'd need to change (If anything) to make it work?

It's better to just use the frost wall LA pierce method than use a drillneck imo. I've been using it and really enjoying it so far.

I'm doing both at the moment, as it happens. I plan to +1 Arrows the Drillneck since they're so ludicrously cheap this League, just wondering if it's hurting my damage output in any way, or if I'm way better off using a rare or if I should swap to a rare later on etc.

Edit:

Also, with the new 8 points, would Deadeye or Raider be better for the Pierce-LA route?

Edit edit:

I just nabbed my +1 Arrow Drillneck, so I imagine I'll definitely be keeping that for a while at the very least. Would still like to know opinions to Drill V. Rare.
Last edited by Zephryl on Jun 8, 2016, 11:25:22 AM
"
Zephryl wrote:
"
Zellman wrote:
"

I'm doing both at the moment, as it happens. I plan to +1 Arrows the Drillneck since they're so ludicrously cheap this League, just wondering if it's hurting my damage output in any way, or if I'm way better off using a rare or if I should swap to a rare later on etc.

Edit:

Also, with the new 8 points, would Deadeye or Raider be better for the Pierce-LA route?

Edit edit:

I just nabbed my +1 Arrow Drillneck, so I imagine I'll definitely be keeping that for a while at the very least. Would still like to know opinions to Drill V. Rare.

i think in terms of pure damage i think a rare would be much better off, im currently using this
Spoiler
(a mediocre quiver at best) and it gives a lot of flat damage probably more than the attack speed and piercing change from drillneck. And im still going Deadeye and it seems to work pretty well have to test Uber once i can get my hands on a set.
Last edited by Zellman on Jun 8, 2016, 1:58:57 PM
I'll keep an eye out, but I'll probably end up sticking with the Drillneck. I am horrible at judging rares to buy, and even worse at knowing how "Valuable" the extra arrow is, since it has no effect on tooltip dps.

Where would the last 4 points in Deadeye for for Pierce-LA? Obviously the first 4 go to the Projectile, but the Chain isn't useful for Pierce, and I'm not sure how Bleeding damage works with converted elemental damage, nor am I sure how much actual benefit the bonus crit chance would be in comparison to the other options.
"
Zephryl wrote:
I'll keep an eye out, but I'll probably end up sticking with the Drillneck. I am horrible at judging rares to buy, and even worse at knowing how "Valuable" the extra arrow is, since it has no effect on tooltip dps.

Where would the last 4 points in Deadeye for for Pierce-LA? Obviously the first 4 go to the Projectile, but the Chain isn't useful for Pierce, and I'm not sure how Bleeding damage works with converted elemental damage, nor am I sure how much actual benefit the bonus crit chance would be in comparison to the other options.

I went straight to Far shot > Endless Munitions> Fast and Deadly and for uber lab i originally got Sharp and Venomous, but i literally just re-speced into Powerful Precision and it seems to have a more noticeable effect(via the 100% increased crit chance), but i still have to test the difference on atziri and tankier bosses (might be hard to tell since we almost instantly kill everything anyway). Feel free to check my quiver and rares to get an idea of what you want on gear (Crit chance, Life, WED, Multi, Added lightning damage), i tried a drillneck and i lost a few thousand DPS, the arrow is a bonus but im not sure how to calculate it. i think a 3-4 damage mod life quiver would do much better in the end.
Last edited by Zellman on Jun 9, 2016, 12:16:38 AM
Well I doubt I can do Merci or Uber lab yet, at least not without copious amount of help (*Cough* Being carried *cough*). My rings and such are fairly mediocre, since I was focusing on capping resists without a Helm so I can move to Rat's nest when I can afford one (Actually trying out Mind of the Council at the moment; Seeing if the sustain from it is worth using as a cheap stop-gap until Nest).

Well, swapping from Drillneck to a mediocre Quiver that dropped lost me a couple k DPS (Not even accounting for the arrow), so I guess it's Drillneck until I find/buy an end-game Quiver. I'll focus on my jewellery first, lots of room for improvement to those.

Let me know how you get on with the Uber Points, will be a long time before I can do it (I hate the uber trials, so much).

If I upgrade to a rare quiver, I might use my Drillneck for a "Lol all the arrows" Barrage build later on, should be fun.
"
Zellman wrote:
i tried a drillneck and i lost a few thousand DPS, the arrow is a bonus but im not sure how to calculate it. i think a 3-4 damage mod life quiver would do much better in the end.

Honestly wish more people would realize this.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
"
Zellman wrote:
i tried a drillneck and i lost a few thousand DPS, the arrow is a bonus but im not sure how to calculate it. i think a 3-4 damage mod life quiver would do much better in the end.

Well, for me at least (Ignoring the fact Drillnecks are cheap as dirt in Prophecy and I've always wanted one), Drillnecks are just the very easy option. There's no searching poe.trade for ages to find the perfect Rare Quiver and hoping you can afford it, no worrying about finding another if you want to corrupt it... Just type "Drillneck" into the search bar, boom good to go.

Plus, let's be honest here, Drillneck has some sexy 3D art.
Can someone please recommend us a skill tree for 2.3 ?

I'm a bit confused and I'm dying a lot, i think i did something wrong.
"
Zephryl wrote:
"
"
Zellman wrote:

Well, for me at least (Ignoring the fact Drillnecks are cheap as dirt in Prophecy and I've always wanted one), Drillnecks are just the very easy option. There's no searching poe.trade for ages to find the perfect Rare Quiver and hoping you can afford it, no worrying about finding another if you want to corrupt it... Just type "Drillneck" into the search bar, boom good to go.

Plus, let's be honest here, Drillneck has some sexy 3D art.

Yeah, for Prophecy anyways it's probably the most cost-effective choice. I am already planning on getting one since they are in the 1-2c range at the moment.

But it's one of those things where in an optimal sense, you either use Drillneck when you have very little Crit, or are already Crit-Capped with Diamond Flask. It's just annoying to see people be like "oh ya bought a Drillneck, never making an upgrade again lels."
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info