Past of Exile - Early Alpha Screenshots

I remembered when I first heard path of exile in year 2011 or 2012 on a gaming forum, I googled the name and found some videos and screenshots. I was like, meh, a game from last century. One day in Dec. 2012 while I was waiting for the beta test invite of Smite from my buddy, poe just came to my mind. So I bought a key and joined.

Man the game at that time was completely different from what I have found on google and youtube. It really has been improved a lot.
Amazing how far we have come. Loved the game then, love it now. Thanks for everything GGG
Last edited by kiviking on Jan 3, 2016, 6:50:05 PM
I've been playing since a little before the gem art change any idea when that was done? Still, it is quite amazing to see what GGG has done over the years for this game. The Scion and Dominus update really launched the game forward to a brighter future in my opinion. That update really did add a lot to the base of the game.
2spooky4me
This gives that good nostalgia feeling that i have with diablo2. Which reminded me that i heard Blizzard is planing to remake Diablo2 in the future, along with some other legendary games.
Woolfio @YouTube
Graphics have improved ten fold but at the cost of fps of even high end systems.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
interesting flashbacks, thanks for showing!
"
Nephalim wrote:
Graphics have improved ten fold but at the cost of fps of even high end systems.

I have a pretty medium, closer to low end system now with new advances; Path of Exile has never had frame issues for me, even with the highest available settings.

Now Latency? that's a whole different ballgame.

Regardless, this has been my favorite game of the past 5 years.

please post a screenie of the Marauder looking up, before his head was changed.

I always liked my mara back then, looking up at the sky, taunting the gods. He looked way more intimidating then he does now.

★ IGN: Pinockio_the_Transexual or PM me on forums ★
You have read my mind!!! I was looking for this info since 2 days ago!!! It's an amazing job. I feel really excited to take a look to these images and to read more of POE since it's beginning.
Problemas Conocidos / Preguntas Frecuentes - ¡Por favor lee antes de publicar!

Cómo publicar una imagen

Guía de soporte técnico

MTR y el Manual de Problemas de Conectividad

"Una pulga no puede picar a una locomotora, pero puede llenar de ronchas al maquinista." (Libertad)

IGN: @Copied_to_clipboard
I miss a lot of the old art assets*, like the old waypoints and flasks and such. Even some of the old weapon and armour models could use a bit of dusting off and sprucing up, and could add something back to the game, even if only as uniques. =^[.]^=

ETA: *Especially the old Chromatic Orb, which was an orb, and also very pretty to look at, rather than the "rock candy" lump we have, now. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Jan 3, 2016, 7:15:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info