[WIP]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Levelling Guide and Mapping

Holy shit batman! This must be amazing for new players, thank you very much!
Perception is reality.
Impressive! and great work, keep it up, will be a great help for new players i'm sure!
Hello My friend,

This is going to be a guide of epic proportion, I guess. :) I played your Infernal Mantle MOM Incinerate build couple of years ago. Back then your elaborated guides helped me a lot. I hope this "Encyclopedia of a Firestorm Build" will definitely help a lot of players.

Cheers.
I have played melee and bow/trappers only; this is a great way for me to get to casters. Thanks for the guide I learned quite a lot. Keeping on going!
Not gonna use it but nice job man this sure will help a lot of people!
Very nice for the new people and not only! Keep on, good job!
pew ur a nerd gimmie ur lunch money
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
You gotta think of your target audience here.

Who will read through all of that when he just picked the game up? Or if they are lost? Generally speaking: Nobody will.

All your efforts will amount to a few veterans, that don't need this guide, saying "Good job, good guide" but nobody will ever use it because it is overbearing.

Keep it short. Keep it sharp. Always think "Could I bring the point across with fewer words?" Use as FEW words as possible! I mean that! Ask yourself "Do I need a complete sentence for that or would a even shorter bulletpoint do?"
Make it as condensed as it can be. Make it short upfront but provide the "wall of text" in spoilers for people that want it. So they can get your message instantly but if they are unsure, they can also look at the explanation.

Less is more here. Because if it is more by default nobody will use it.
A good guide gives me the infos I need at a glace. If you intend this to be actually useful for other people and not just a little side project for yourself, keep that in mind.

Here is a quick example:
"
Hillock
- Big but weak
- Kite him with fireball
- Use health/mana flasks to outlast him
Spoiler
While big and intimidating, he is nothing but a pushover. Keep your distance, and use your fireball to melt him down. Once he reaches half HP, he will regenerate a bit of his health, and deal more damage with his basic attacks. Just keep firing your fireballs until he runs out of health. If you are running low on health, don't forget to use your flasks.

Also: Explain your color codes and make them less intrusive. The bright and strong colors are unpleasant to the eye.

As a side note: Why shouldn't a new player pick up blue items? Remember they don't have anything. Vendoring blues to acquire Orb of Transmutations is good for a completely new player.
very nice guide

good job ! :)
"
Cocofang wrote:
You gotta think of your target audience here.

Who will read through all of that when he just picked the game up? Or if they are lost? Generally speaking: Nobody will.

All your efforts will amount to a few veterans, that don't need this guide, saying "Good job, good guide" but nobody will ever use it because it is overbearing.

Keep it short. Keep it sharp. Always think "Could I bring the point across with fewer words?" Use as FEW words as possible! I mean that! Ask yourself "Do I need a complete sentence for that or would a even shorter bulletpoint do?"
Make it as condensed as it can be. Make it short upfront but provide the "wall of text" in spoilers for people that want it. So they can get your message instantly but if they are unsure, they can also look at the explanation.

Less is more here. Because if it is more by default nobody will use it.
A good guide gives me the infos I need at a glace. If you intend this to be actually useful for other people and not just a little side project for yourself, keep that in mind.

Here is a quick example:
"
Hillock
- Big but weak
- Kite him with fireball
- Use health/mana flasks to outlast him
Spoiler
While big and intimidating, he is nothing but a pushover. Keep your distance, and use your fireball to melt him down. Once he reaches half HP, he will regenerate a bit of his health, and deal more damage with his basic attacks. Just keep firing your fireballs until he runs out of health. If you are running low on health, don't forget to use your flasks.

Also: Explain your color codes and make them less intrusive. The bright and strong colors are unpleasant to the eye.

As a side note: Why shouldn't a new player pick up blue items? Remember they don't have anything. Vendoring blues to acquire Orb of Transmutations is good for a completely new player.

I agree 100%

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info