[2.2] How to LA -- 75k LA GMP, 327k frenzy, 87% dodge/evade chance -- featuring Darkray Vectors

Could you please list scary maps/mods/bosses for this build?Wanna try it on HC
Last edited by barsukag on Apr 14, 2016, 6:04:27 AM
"
barsukag wrote:

Most map mods are pretty trivial, I'll mention a few though:

-Reflect: both types can be dangerous. Physical reflect can be done by using Blackgleam quiver or by using PtL gem in the LA setup for full conversion (but don't use frenzy in the latter case).

Elemental reflect can kinda be done by turning off elemental auras and replacing WED and added fire with LGoH and some other filler gem, but damage is unsurprisingly nerfed hard and it's still quite dangerous so ele ref would probably be the one mod I'd generally skip entirely entirely for HC. Don't worry about individual reflect rares though, single monsters won't kill you so long as you use LA rather than Frenzy to take them down.

-No leeching: Rare top tier mod so you won't come across it much but it is annoying. If you choose to run these you'll probably want to have an extra hybrid flask to be safe. You should be able to sustain LA mana with Spirit void, but single target could be an issue without a flask.

- -max resistances: dangerous for any build so be careful. You still won't 1shot yourself against ele reflect rares but obviously it's more dangerous so make sure you're not tanking packs at the same time. You can tank a large reflect hit or a large monster hit, but maybe not both simultaneously.

-Blood magic: Not a problem just turn off auras.

-No regen: annoying but perfectly doable. Just be careful not to get too low from blood rage degen.

-20/40/60% less mana/life recovery rate: similar to no regen, annoying but doable if you don't do anything stupid. For 60% and maybe 40% you might have mana problems for Frenzy, so you could bring a hybrid flask if you expect to use it much (high hp bosses etc)

Some of the harder bosses:

-Jungle Valley boss generally isn't difficult. You have a lot of AoE so can clear the room as soon as anything drops down.

-Terrace boss is dangerous without some chaos res so be careful. I definitely wouldn't try it on HC without anything less than -15% or so.

-Torture chamber boss isn't hard if you know how she works. Just stay by a pillar. You may well kill her before she even uses the laser anyway.

-Orchard boss is dangerous but not difficult, its projectiles are easy to kite and you'll dodge/evade most of the non-explodey ones anyway. Damage is big though so depending on the map mods you might want to skip to be safe.

-Malformation boss is similar to Orchard: dangerous but not difficult if you know how she works. Game over if you get hit by the laser, otherwise pretty simple. Your call.

-Residence Dominus is fairly easy, just watch out for the ghost things and touch of god.

-Volcano boss can do some damage if you're not careful. Just run around a lot and you won't get hit. Run away and wait a few seconds if things start getting too congested and dangerous.

-Academy boss is easy if you stand behind one of the tables at the side of the room. You'll evade nearly all his books and the whirlwinds generally won't reach you.

-Crematorium boss is dangerous, probably wouldn't risk it at all with -max res. Trick is to run around a lot and never stay in the same place for more than 2 seconds. Offscreening her is a useful strategy as well.

-Village ruin boss is generally ok since you'll evade most of the chicken's projectiles and avoiding the dog isn't difficult. Just make sure you always kill the chicken first. Enraged dog is still completely avoidable, but enraged chicken's projectiles will 1shot you.

-Excavation boss is hard, I've still not worked out a consistent strategy to do them. I wouldn't attempt it if there are any serious damage mods on the map. The fire throwing guy is the most difficult and annoying of the 3.

-Wasteland boss is ok, just stay out of his way so he doesn't smash you. If you run away a lot he'll also keep moving and so won't be regenerated by his consecrated ground too much either.

-Conservatory boss is overrated, just stay out of vaal smash range and watch out for the laser. You'll generally be able to see it coming if you pay attention to his arms. It typically won't 1shot you anyway unless you're in a -max res map.

-Palace dominus is surprisingly easy so long as the mods aren't too difficult. First phase is the same as Residence, just don't try to tank him and you'll be fine. For the second form do the opposite: tank him. Unless the mods are horrific you'll be hit so infrequently that flasks and leech will be more than enough to cover any damage.

-Shrine piety is generally fine. Move around a lot when she's in human phase to avoid the lightning balls/storms. Her fire phase can generally be tanked easily enough, but just keeping moving will stop you getting hit if you want to be safe. Her ice phase can be tanked as well if the mods aren't scary, you generally won't even be hit by her arrows at all.

I haven't run any T15 maps with this character so can't comment with so much confidence on them. But if their merciless equivalents are anything to go by, Kaom is easy if you keep moving, same with Daresso. Doedre may be tankable, but I'm not sure how much damage she does in core. Maligaro is very dangerous without chaos res, Shavronne isn't too hard if you move. Malachai himself is dangerous, probably wouldn't want to do him on this character.
For try for see and for know.
IGN: Sap
Level 46 now and really starting to feel this build take off haha cant wait to get to higher levels.
"
Bed wrote:
"
barsukag wrote:

Most map mods are pretty trivial, I'll mention a few though:

-Reflect: both types can be dangerous. Physical reflect can be done by using Blackgleam quiver or by using PtL gem in the LA setup for full conversion (but don't use frenzy in the latter case).

Elemental reflect can kinda be done by turning off elemental auras and replacing WED and added fire with LGoH and some other filler gem, but damage is unsurprisingly nerfed hard and it's still quite dangerous so ele ref would probably be the one mod I'd generally skip entirely entirely for HC. Don't worry about individual reflect rares though, single monsters won't kill you so long as you use LA rather than Frenzy to take them down.

-No leeching: Rare top tier mod so you won't come across it much but it is annoying. If you choose to run these you'll probably want to have an extra hybrid flask to be safe. You should be able to sustain LA mana with Spirit void, but single target could be an issue without a flask.

- -max resistances: dangerous for any build so be careful. You still won't 1shot yourself against ele reflect rares but obviously it's more dangerous so make sure you're not tanking packs at the same time. You can tank a large reflect hit or a large monster hit, but maybe not both simultaneously.

-Blood magic: Not a problem just turn off auras.

-No regen: annoying but perfectly doable. Just be careful not to get too low from blood rage degen.

-20/40/60% less mana/life recovery rate: similar to no regen, annoying but doable if you don't do anything stupid. For 60% and maybe 40% you might have mana problems for Frenzy, so you could bring a hybrid flask if you expect to use it much (high hp bosses etc)

Some of the harder bosses:

-Jungle Valley boss generally isn't difficult. You have a lot of AoE so can clear the room as soon as anything drops down.

-Terrace boss is dangerous without some chaos res so be careful. I definitely wouldn't try it on HC without anything less than -15% or so.

-Torture chamber boss isn't hard if you know how she works. Just stay by a pillar. You may well kill her before she even uses the laser anyway.

-Orchard boss is dangerous but not difficult, its projectiles are easy to kite and you'll dodge/evade most of the non-explodey ones anyway. Damage is big though so depending on the map mods you might want to skip to be safe.

-Malformation boss is similar to Orchard: dangerous but not difficult if you know how she works. Game over if you get hit by the laser, otherwise pretty simple. Your call.

-Residence Dominus is fairly easy, just watch out for the ghost things and touch of god.

-Volcano boss can do some damage if you're not careful. Just run around a lot and you won't get hit. Run away and wait a few seconds if things start getting too congested and dangerous.

-Academy boss is easy if you stand behind one of the tables at the side of the room. You'll evade nearly all his books and the whirlwinds generally won't reach you.

-Crematorium boss is dangerous, probably wouldn't risk it at all with -max res. Trick is to run around a lot and never stay in the same place for more than 2 seconds. Offscreening her is a useful strategy as well.

-Village ruin boss is generally ok since you'll evade most of the chicken's projectiles and avoiding the dog isn't difficult. Just make sure you always kill the chicken first. Enraged dog is still completely avoidable, but enraged chicken's projectiles will 1shot you.

-Excavation boss is hard, I've still not worked out a consistent strategy to do them. I wouldn't attempt it if there are any serious damage mods on the map. The fire throwing guy is the most difficult and annoying of the 3.

-Wasteland boss is ok, just stay out of his way so he doesn't smash you. If you run away a lot he'll also keep moving and so won't be regenerated by his consecrated ground too much either.

-Conservatory boss is overrated, just stay out of vaal smash range and watch out for the laser. You'll generally be able to see it coming if you pay attention to his arms. It typically won't 1shot you anyway unless you're in a -max res map.

-Palace dominus is surprisingly easy so long as the mods aren't too difficult. First phase is the same as Residence, just don't try to tank him and you'll be fine. For the second form do the opposite: tank him. Unless the mods are horrific you'll be hit so infrequently that flasks and leech will be more than enough to cover any damage.

-Shrine piety is generally fine. Move around a lot when she's in human phase to avoid the lightning balls/storms. Her fire phase can generally be tanked easily enough, but just keeping moving will stop you getting hit if you want to be safe. Her ice phase can be tanked as well if the mods aren't scary, you generally won't even be hit by her arrows at all.

I haven't run any T15 maps with this character so can't comment with so much confidence on them. But if their merciless equivalents are anything to go by, Kaom is easy if you keep moving, same with Daresso. Doedre may be tankable, but I'm not sure how much damage she does in core. Maligaro is very dangerous without chaos res, Shavronne isn't too hard if you move. Malachai himself is dangerous, probably wouldn't want to do him on this character.

huge respect for this wall of text, now lets hope i don`t die
Haha I've been meaning to write a section on map mods and bosses in the main guide for a while anyway, so good excuse to get round it to :) and GL with your character
Hey man, thank you for this build. Thats nice, love it. May i ask you a question?

Thats my gear:
Spoiler

But my chance to dodge attacks is 50 in my hideout. Just hatred and arctic armour. Why? I'm in curious:(
"
lathspell37 wrote:
Hey man, thank you for this build. Thats nice, love it. May i ask you a question?

Thats my gear:
Spoiler

But my chance to dodge attacks is 50 in my hideout. Just hatred and arctic armour. Why? I'm in curious:(

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it :)

50% dodge should be the right number when in hideout (or 56% with Quartz Infusion ascendency passive) - The extra 18% dodge from Darkray Vectors only applies when you have Frenzy charges active. In most combat situations you should have max charges so should see your dodge chance increase.
Bed I'm curious to hear your full thoughts on Pierce. I'm struggling to understand why everyone is still using LA + Chain. We had a big argument on Ranger forums as while ago and people who liked Chain just said it "felt" better.

I think Pierce has always been better than Chain, and moreso now that it has been buffed. It's easy to get to 100% pierce chance. Pierce has the best AOE coverage and it now has a 29% "more" damage multiplier, compared to Chain's 31% "less" damage - so you would be doing more damage per hit.

Greater AOE coverage + more damage per hit - wouldn't you clear faster with Pierce?

Also 150% vs. 110% mana multiplier.

On top of that you can take advantage of Projectile Weakness which gives "more" projectile damage taken by enemies - similar to Shock. Which you can't do if you focus on Chain because the pierce from Projectile Weakness will override the chain.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 30, 2016, 12:50:49 AM
Hey bed, what's up? I'm in curious for update. Will you update this build for 2.3? Pls upgrade, i like very much this build. Pls pls pls upgrade.
"
Hey bed, what's up? I'm in curious for update. Will you update this build for 2.3? Pls upgrade, i like very much this build. Pls pls pls upgrade.

Idem!! plz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info