[2.2] How to LA -- 75k LA GMP, 327k frenzy, 87% dodge/evade chance -- featuring Darkray Vectors

"
Bed wrote:
"
Blutspakt wrote:
u use endurance charges for imortal call but hoiw do you geht those?

I don't use endurance charges, I only use immortal call's base duration of 0.4 seconds. It isn't that much and isn't really necessary tbh (especially since the typical spike-damage mobs of the past like jumping chimerals and shield chargers now share a group cooldown), but might as well throw it in if we have a spare gem slot :p

Could include manually casting enduring cry if you feel you need to but personally I cba

cba? i dont know what this means^^ sry

i thought immortal call need at least 1 charge to activate?
Last edited by Blutspakt on Mar 9, 2016, 4:38:37 PM
"
Blutspakt wrote:

Short for can't be asked - too much effort for too little benefit :p

No, immortal call has a base duration that will always activate - additional endurance charges only extend the length of this duration.
For try for see and for know.
IGN: Sap
"
Bed wrote:
"
Blutspakt wrote:

Short for can't be asked - too much effort for too little benefit :p

No, immortal call has a base duration that will always activate - additional endurance charges only extend the length of this duration.

nice never to late to learn something new :D
Could you give some information about your aura setup and your mana managment please?

I wanna know what else you use to boost your dmg stats :)
Thank you!
"
dezignedelic wrote:
Could you give some information about your aura setup and your mana managment please?

I wanna know what else you use to boost your dmg stats :)
Thank you!

Prior to 2.2 I was playing primarily with Hatred + Arctic armour, though I suspect Herald of Fire + Arctic Armour + (Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark) would actually be more effective since this setup would make sustaining power charges significantly easier at the cost of some base tooltip.

Mana isn't generally a problem with the Essence Sap cluster. A +2 mana gained on hit gem makes it even more trivial but isn't really necessary.

Other than gear, damage comes mostly from Frenzy charge scaling, physical damage conversion + WED, and a bunch of additional buffs (auras, flasks, golem, power charges etc).
Bed this a nice build. I'm playing a variation of it with Windripper. Anyway, I was actually a big fan of your shotgun bitch build for Witch way back:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/528927/page/1

I'm now making a CI bow build. Have you tried CI bow in 2.2 yet?

EDIT: Also I use Pierce instead of Chain.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 20, 2016, 6:57:39 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Bed this a nice build. I'm playing a variation of it with Windripper. Anyway, I was actually a big fan of your shotgun bitch build for Witch way back:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/528927/page/1

I'm now making a CI bow build. Have you tried CI bow in 2.2 yet?

EDIT: Also I use Pierce instead of Chain.

Haha thanks, surprised anybody remembers that :P

One of the big advantages for CI back then was its synergy with blood rage, which was chaos damage at the time, and couldn't be used very safely with life based builds since getting life regen was much more difficult for rangers than it is now.

As I see it, CI isn't an easy thing to get right for a bow character in its current state:
-Obviously can't take acrobatics while going CI, which sucks defencewise.
-Can't use a shield, which is traditionally a big part of a CI character's ES pool.
-CI has implicit weaknesses to freeze and stun that life doesn't. There are workarounds to this of course, but they take up valuable gear slots/far too many passive points.
-Discipline is an essentially mandatory aura, so one has to give up some damage (i.e. Hatred) to accommodate it, or invest millions of extra passives in aura nodes. When I made the CI character auras reserved much less so this wasn't a problem.
-ES nodes are less efficiently positioned than life nodes. Life nodes tend to be positioned nearby to relevant damage nodes, while ES nodes aren't. This means you have to spend more points just getting around the tree than a life build would.

As for benefits.. I'm not actually sure tbh.. A higher potential total EHP pool probably but what else?

With a high enough budget I'm sure it could be made to work - but I'm sceptical that it would ever be as effective as life. That said, I haven't actually made a CI bow character since Anarchy so I could be overstating the problems, I'd be interested to hear how your character goes :)

As for pierce vs chain, my position has shifted back and forth a bit over the years. I don't really think it's a big issue though, both are good so people should just use what they like the feel of :P
Oh man, that was probably my favorite build! I absolutely love Witch bow - but has gotten harder and harder to do. And there are so few builds. I think there was only like 2 or 3 guides I ever saw, including yours. Xendran also theorycrafted a Voltaxic Witch bow over 2 years ago that looked awesome, but I don't think he ever played it.

Anyway, for me benefits of CI bow would be that you can get high HP, but also get comparable damage avoidance %s as the life guy who takes Acro+Phase by going for Alchemist and using a Rumi's flask. This will give you comparable damage avoidance %, if not more, to Acro and Phase (depending on type of Rumi's and/or if you go as Pathfinder).

This would be nice and tanky with ~8k ES which should be possible. Can throw in Ondar's as well.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to get the damage to be higher than a life build. I might do either phys bow or Voltaxic. I would prefer to go phys, especially for easier leech and I can also use traps for single target. However Voltaxic is more efficient pathing on the tree, and obviously no reflect issues.

Big problems I am seeing on from my trees are accuracy, as well as attack speed as you said. I can't really do much about the attack speed, accuracy I'll just have to figure out with gear or an Ascendancy.

I think Freeze is alright with a dispel flask (I may also build as Scion Ascendant and get the Pathfinder cluster).

Stun and auras are a problem unless I can incorporate Skyforth. Other options for stun is to build Occultist and get Vile Bastion for "immune to stun" on full ES. This would at least help to some extent. Alternatively could use 3x Fragility jewels and go Scion Ascendant and then get the Juggernaut class and another class like Tricker/Deadeye/Assassin/Pathfinder, this way you'll have stun immunity - but takes 3 jewels which I'm not inclined to do.

Damn I would really want to make this work, but if I can't get the damage as high as I would like then I probably won't do it. Life builds can get so many phys nodes, crit chance, and frenzy charges it is hard to beat - especially after factoring-in cost for gearing. Although I am a little happy that my crit multiplier will be a higher on CI than on life. I may have to revert to getting spell nodes and use COE and a nice amy to get back on par with life builds. To get the crit chance on par I'd probably have to use an Ascendancy (like Deadeye pierce) and power charges. The good thing about crit chance is that it is capped so there is a limit for everyone. Diamond flasks are also really nice these days.

Anyway, I'll try and figure it out. Just trying to decide between phys or Voltaxic and then I'll go for it.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 21, 2016, 12:49:11 AM
What about using
? With 87% dodge/evade, wouldn't being "Unlucky in damage" reduce your chance of taking damage to 1.4%?

You'd lose
though, so mana might become a problem.

Thoughts?
"
Ekeron wrote:
What about using
? With 87% dodge/evade, wouldn't being "Unlucky in damage" reduce your chance of taking damage to 1.4%?

You'd lose
though, so mana might become a problem.

Thoughts?

Unfortunately Lori's doesn't work like that. It just affects the damage rolls on the damage you take on hit, not the chance to hit.

So if an enemy has damage range of 2-10, and you take a hit - it will roll twice and pick the lowest damage you take. i.e. enemy rolled 4 damage, and hits you. Lori's will roll it again - say the enemy gets 7 damage now -> so you will take the 4 damage roll.

I think on average it's about 6-7% damage mitigation on regular damage, and about 25% mitigation on lightning damage which has a very wide range.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 22, 2016, 1:23:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info