MoldyDwarf's Index

This thread is meant to be a master index to my other threads, so I can easily find them.

Builds
  • 3.0 (Harbinger)
    • HSC: Ice Crash Slayer (PoB): designed this to do 2.6-style labs; unfortunately, it's slow for 3.0-style labs when you want to rush to darkshrines etc. Was really cheap to get going. To slow to enjoy for mapping. Non-VP melee is hard.
    • HSC: Cold Conversion Blade Flurry Berserker (PoB): This was my main league build. Destroys shaper. If I time it right, I can kill an entire Shaper phase while he's in the process of doing the teleport slam. Chill and shatter are nice. Stopped upgrading when I could easily solo-farm Shaper. DPS is a bit weak if Shaper has multiple player health. Makes me want Pandemonium Sever. Total glass cannon.
    • HHC: Pure Scorching Ray Inquisitor (PoB): My first serious foray into hardcore. Based on ZiggyD's SR+RF+MoM build. Jewelry to support MoM was too expensive. RF felt way too squishy for HC, even after I got RotP, Bloodgrip, Essence Worm, lvl 21 PoF, etc. So I just had an regen tank. Very safe, very cheap to setup, but bad clearspeed. Doesn't scale well into maps without a lot more investment. Ripped my first one in a free unique map run (oops!), rerolled with some tweaks to improve stun mitigation. Ripped at 95 in a full sextant Primordial Pool: IRL distraction.
    • HHC: CwC Whispering Ice (PoB after I made some upgrades on Standard): Wanted something VP-based so it'd scale better in maps. Mostly followed this build. Quite tanky, good leech. Ripped at level 83 or 84 because I thought I could handle a reflect map. Would have taken this all the way to Shaper on HC if I hadn't ripped. Pretty slow at mapping.
    • HHC: Necromancer Spectre Summoner (PoB): Jumped on the spectre bubble with a friend. Ripped at 77 biting off more than I could chew in Uber Lab: accidentally took in Solar Guards instead of Wickermen and Tukohama's Vanguards, so took too long to kill final Izaro and eventually he clipped me with a crit while I was trying to cull him with my animated guardian. Pretty fun build, even with meh gear. Will play it some more on Standard.
    • HHC: Dark Pact Berserker (PoB build): was fun and a lot more clearspeed than my other hc builds. Not a great HC build because of the DP life chunking. I should have done Uber Lab. Ripped at level 82 to double Atoll boss.

• 2.6 (Legacy)
  • 2.5 (Breach)
    • assassin blade flurry (ended up being my main build for Breach, decent at mapping, okay for uber lab and guardians, crazy good at shaper and uber atziri)
    • inquisitor blade flurry (great for mapping, needs upgrades and tweaks for true engame, abandoned in favor of the assassin)
    • vaal spark for testing whether I want to level to 100 this way, played briefly on standard
    • wander KB + barrage played around with the build a little with some borrowed gear on Standard. Feels really nice. Similar boss killing dmg as assassin blade flurry but also feels great mapping.
    • Disfavour Warchief: seems to work well once I got the hang of it. Only had about 5.2k life with random gear I used.
    • Lameblast I tested out this build as a league starter on Standard for 2.6. Feels satisfying to oneshot all non-bosses, but fell far short of expectations for t16 bosses. With decent but not great gear it struggles a lot with Guardians. Did okay with normal atziri. Given how bad it was at Guardians (even ignitable ones) even on a 6l, I didn't bother with Uber Atziri or Shaper. Not sure if the build is meh or I was doing something wrong (e.g. had basically 2-stat jewels instead of 4-stat). Didn't test VRF.
  • 2.4 (Essence)
  • 2.3 (Prophesy)
  • 2.2 (Perandus): I played some std (probably mostly Mjolner) and some of the league, I think whatever the meta voltaxic build was at the time.
  • 2.1 (Talisman)
    • Life + Armour Mjolner: Used for Uber farming in 2.0. Still works except I can't swap in Lightning Strike anymore.
    • Vacuumer: This is the build I used for solo, multi-character ghostbusting in Warbands. It also proved useful for having fun in Sarn Arena on Leo mission days there.
  • 2.0 (Warbands)
    • (Builds 2.0): a brief description of some of the builds I used in Warbands. These threads arent't that interesting because I made them in a rush.
  • 1.3 (Torment) and before
    • misc TS+Punc+drillneck, culler gear for the Disfavour Cyclone toon, and my first Mjolner build's gear
    • Disfavour Cyclone: this was my primary build in 1.3. I grabbed enough resistance on the tree that this build was extremely flexible. With one gear set, I could farm Atziri. With another, I could have capped resistances with dual Andvarius rings and other high end magic find gear. One friend made some adaptations and killed Uber Atziri with the build. This build is what generated the wealth to fund my (pre-nerf) Mjolner build.

Old Threads

2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
Last edited by MoldyDwarf on Nov 6, 2017, 8:36:52 PM
Last bumped on Feb 20, 2017, 6:25:32 PM
deleted
Last edited by ZippyBlip on Feb 20, 2017, 6:31:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info