[2.2] MorgNThorg's Iron Will Biohazarauder - uber down

"
Nisseonbeer wrote:
tnx for reply.
yea i figured that much. i happend to have rare weap there is close to equal. just wanted to make sure i dont miss anything.

on a side node, i think the iron will gloves is more then worth it atleast dmg wise. 1 gem slot more is huge.

There dont seem to be many Iron will builds out there. Working on some stuff my self, you had other idea's(spells) in mind before you came up with this?

You're welcome. I was also thinking about the IW gloves, but the huge int requirement held me back from trying it out. I think I'd have to give up a good chunk of survability and/dps to get that link. Also the IW gem itself gives 48% increased spell damage at 20/20. And I'd be hesitating what to put in? Slower projectiles is a great DPS boost, but it makes the playstyle even more clunky. Faster projectiles would be another candidate, but it does not give a lot damage, so it can be a net loss, execpt from the projectile speed.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm trying out bladefall atm. I'm using it with poison, so the chaos and DoT dmg on my gear&tree doesn't go in the trash, fits well with the 110% increased skill duration from the tree and double dips from some of the damage modifiers (cuebyari, projectile dmg, etc.). I'm using these links, and it's very effective:

"

Thanks for replying.

My point is to use bino's + poison to utilize the poison prolif and improve clear speed since for most mobs 6L with lv5 empower is pretty much overkill (I assume).

Right now you have to cast contagion manually so that the ED debuff spreads while with poison and bino's you probably don't even need to cast contagion.

Again it's just my assumption on a possible way to improve pack clear. If you happen to find a bino's could you please test it out?

Edit: Nevermind. It seems the poison prolif doesn't help with clear speed much after 2.1.1b patch.
"
GGG_Neon wrote:
Fixed a bug where skills (from both players and monsters) which dealt chaos damage over time were doing far too much damage when supported by Poison.

Yeah it made some adjustments, but I'd surely try it out if I'd get my hands on a bino. Also since I'd leveled my second round of essence drain's to 20/20 I got some free slot's on my gear so I can use this setup in mapping which helps a lot in many situations:

Btw I was lucky enough to vaal my 21/20 ED :)

2 successfull attempts in 17 tries.
how much dps do you with BladeFall and you think is better then ES?
"
how much dps do you with BladeFall and you think is better then ES?

It's around 26k tooltip with poison support and frenzy charges up (with some low level supports). I feel it clears faster in easier maps and it's an easier playstyle. However in high level (red) maps, probably ED clears at least with a similar speed especially if you roll hard maps, because pack size definately helps clearing. Also it's much safer.

I added a video of doing a T12 map (with ED).
i am level 75, following this build. i have picked all nodes in the lower part of the tree including the jewel sockets. i was wondering where i can get the biggest return of investment for my next 10 skill points.

1. just fill up the scion life wheel (5 pts for 25% increased life)
2. head to the unyielding node (5 pts for 58% increased armour, 20 reduced crit damage and 30 strength)
3. head to the devotion node (6 pts for 14% increased life and 60 strength)

i have 5.1k life and 7.2k armour standing in my hideout, still trying to get a shield with more defense

Passive tree so far:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAdwB5wPuBLMFLQthDF8OPBQgFE0UcRhWGJEY2xynHb4hYCW8LiMuUzOHNZI26DpSPC0_J0GHQzFEnkZpR35KyFOlU7tYr1ltXz9fmGVNaHRo8m6qbzt07XTxdct343gNeWh7w4IHgseC5INfg8yE2YqvjX6QEZOZlKCiAKlur2y18rc-u568n702vqe-vL_VwBrAZsEExFjE9sauzZjPMtNv2L3ZfNpi2sHbT9-_4MPqYu8O8B_2SPno_Ev-Cg==?accountName=lordchopf&characterName=Zanakan
"
lordchopf wrote:
i am level 75, following this build. i have picked all nodes in the lower part of the tree including the jewel sockets. i was wondering where i can get the biggest return of investment for my next 10 skill points.

1. just fill up the scion life wheel (5 pts for 25% increased life)
2. head to the unyielding node (5 pts for 58% increased armour, 20 reduced crit damage and 30 strength)
3. head to the devotion node (6 pts for 14% increased life and 60 strength)

i have 5.1k life and 7.2k armour standing in my hideout, still trying to get a shield with more defense

Passive tree so far:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAdwB5wPuBLMFLQthDF8OPBQgFE0UcRhWGJEY2xynHb4hYCW8LiMuUzOHNZI26DpSPC0_J0GHQzFEnkZpR35KyFOlU7tYr1ltXz9fmGVNaHRo8m6qbzt07XTxdct343gNeWh7w4IHgseC5INfg8yE2YqvjX6QEZOZlKCiAKlur2y18rc-u568n702vqe-vL_VwBrAZsEExFjE9sauzZjPMtNv2L3ZfNpi2sHbT9-_4MPqYu8O8B_2SPno_Ev-Cg==?accountName=lordchopf&characterName=Zanakan

I think the steps are in the order I would follow. Filling the scion wheel is very point effective as you're already there and it also scales the regen. Then go for unyielding and devotion.
Very nice build, actually decided for the first time to check out a guide as i was having trouble thinking up my own build.

i have to say, really do enjoy the IW BM caster play-style.

Currently Sitting at around 7.2k Life, 12K Armour, Strength Around 700 right now.
Found a few nice cheap items to help aswell :) just wish the life on the amulet was higher.
First of all, nice build.

Second, have anyone felt that Contagion doesn't spread ED that well?
I don't know if it's a bug, or it's my small contagion AOE, but contagion from time to time doesn't spread my ED.
For example, when there is a dense mob pack, i contagion everything, and then shoot ED, from time to time there will be one or two zombies alive.

I do have 19/20 contagion and lvl 19 inc.AOE (soon to be 19/20), and templar aoe nodes, but contagion still fails to spread ED sometimes.

This bug/lack of contagion AOE have made me to use ED at least twice, or even three times to everysingle mob pack I meet in maps. So far, this is very, very annoying playstyle.

Last ED build I tried I used consuming dark (poison 7link) + ED + void + controlled + rapid + empower + pierce, and took pierce nodes from the shadow and ran with 100% pierce chance, and had no problem with the contagion+ED spread issue.

However, with this small aoe / no pierce setup, I'm having a very very hard time efficiently killing mob packs.

Have anyone experienced this issue?

Will try to post a slow-mo video if I can, later
"
TankoPoe wrote:
Very nice build, actually decided for the first time to check out a guide as i was having trouble thinking up my own build.

i have to say, really do enjoy the IW BM caster play-style.

Currently Sitting at around 7.2k Life, 12K Armour, Strength Around 700 right now.
Found a few nice cheap items to help aswell :) just wish the life on the amulet was higher.

Thanks :) One of the main benefits of this playstyle, that our typical items are not used by many people, so you can find really good deals.

"
greensunggwa wrote:
First of all, nice build.

Second, have anyone felt that Contagion doesn't spread ED that well?
I don't know if it's a bug, or it's my small contagion AOE, but contagion from time to time doesn't spread my ED.
For example, when there is a dense mob pack, i contagion everything, and then shoot ED, from time to time there will be one or two zombies alive.

I do have 19/20 contagion and lvl 19 inc.AOE (soon to be 19/20), and templar aoe nodes, but contagion still fails to spread ED sometimes.

This bug/lack of contagion AOE have made me to use ED at least twice, or even three times to everysingle mob pack I meet in maps. So far, this is very, very annoying playstyle.

Last ED build I tried I used consuming dark (poison 7link) + ED + void + controlled + rapid + empower + pierce, and took pierce nodes from the shadow and ran with 100% pierce chance, and had no problem with the contagion+ED spread issue.

However, with this small aoe / no pierce setup, I'm having a very very hard time efficiently killing mob packs.

Have anyone experienced this issue?

Will try to post a slow-mo video if I can, later

Thanks! Yes I'm experiencing it too. I also made a short video about it. I was not sure myself so didn't post it in the bug section yet, only on reddit. As I see the problem mostly occours, when the ED drain damage is too high compared to the life of the affected enemies. So in hard, high level maps it's not that bad like in dried lake for example.
Hi, it's great tanky build :) I have two questions:
1. Have you tried uber Atziri with it? Normal Atziri is very easy and I can do it deathless.
2. How can I beat those guys with max block in Hall of Grandmasters, especially the one with leap slam? He didn't deal me any damage, but I couldn't also deal him any. I've tried fire trap and flameblast, even I asked my friend for help, but his regen was insane.
"
Deglan wrote:
Hi, it's great tanky build :)

"
Deglan wrote:
Have you tried uber Atziri with it? Normal Atziri is very easy and I can do it deathless.

I tried once (no hope yet on my on apex runs and didn't want to invest much), but failed it. Got atziri down to 1/2 HP I think. Actually I feel the build is absultely capable of beating her, just I messed up that fight a bit and lost a lot of portals on a split phase when I died and had trouble with re-entering the room. I'm unfortunately not an experienced uber runner :) I'll definitely try to clear that map again if my drops permit it. Trash and the other boss rooms were no real problem.

I'm also experimenting with an alternative setup which can be effective on this map, switching my shield, weapon & "armor" for these:

I still need a good primal skull talisman and to level my Elreon to 8 (so I can multimod my staff with reduced DoT taken and cast speed as well). I'm planning to spec out of BM and take some mana nodes and MoM, so I'll basically have similar EHP pool but with the possibility of using purity of fire and righteous fire.

"
Deglan wrote:
How can I beat those guys with max block in Hall of Grandmasters, especially the one with leap slam? He didn't deal me any damage, but I couldn't also deal him any. I've tried fire trap and flameblast, even I asked my friend for help, but his regen was insane.

My setup was fire trap + flameblast + controlled destruction + iron will + fire pen + empower. Bear in mind that it's with +1 tabula and +4 empower, so level 25 gems. For an even higher burst damage you can try molten shell + controlled destruction + iron will + empower + fire pen + conc effect. Then just self-cast it and wait till the grandmaster pops it :) Evetually you'll get through his block and this setup can 1-hit most of them. I had something like 70k damage with it not counting fire pen, and you can even boost it with (double) curse and EE if you are really dedicated :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info