Critique my Ethereal Knives build

End Game Build

-edit ive added 2 shield nodes and taken away a few crit nodes and added some hp upon talking to backbeard about my build

WHY IM DOING THIS?

So im trying to figure out what I want to do for the next 1 week race. I figured an ek marauder might be a good thing to do considering that ek has minimal gear requirements. I realize that marauder might not be as optimized as shadow in some peoples opinions but hear me out.

I think marauder has the easiest early game of any of the classes and I will be probably groundslamming while leveling ek on my off hand up until around level 40. I plan on getting enough int to keep leveling my ek by a combination of the few savant nodes and int amulets to make sure that i can smoothly level my ethereal knives. Once i start hitting the witch portion of the tree around level 40 i will probably switch to wands and ek and just try to find a decent + spell damage wand. Im thinking i can link ek like this early on

LINKS

ek+fork+blood magic

and then once my mana pool can support it with the eldritch battery going into

ek+ironwill+fork

4l= ek+ironwill+fork+added fire

AURAS

discipline(for more mana)

clarity

purity/determination (swap these two out as needed with the + 5 marauder max res passive and purity i can have a ridiculous ele resist value)

hatred (for ek damage)

grace( least important but only if i can support it)

CLOSING THOUGHTS

the reason this build is so appealing to me is NOT because i think its the most optimized way to make an ek character but rather a build which will allow me to be very powerful with minimal gear requirements at all points in the game. The benefit of the marauders high hp pool from the onset should allow me to move through content fairly easily at all points. Please let me know what you guys think of this idea? I really wanted to do ek for the 1 week race and ive seen some marauder builds on the forums that i feel didnt really suit my play style.

thanks!
Last edited by shnurr214 on Feb 16, 2013, 10:29:11 AM
additionally the only gems i will need that are special are

ek
fork
discipline
clarity

ek and fork i can get from making a shadow and killing brutus or just playing with a party = which i plan on doing

discipline and clarity should be fairly easy to trade for by level 40ish i even get discipline in merciless i think but hopefully i will have the gem so i can level it up before then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info