[2.1] Trap Poisonstorm - (Insane damage,Budget Atziri,all mapmods,100% Chaos Firestorm)[Uber Down]

UPDATE
I will not run this as a first build so i might be a bit late updateing, tree will be rougly the same, i will go dual CD and drop mantle and add anger, will go more crit focused and as a saboteur for the insane cooldown reduction for Traps (Good for MAPS). This will be a more balanced version more suitable for maps and normal atziri. If you go for UBER you may need to push for more for damage.

Witch and Occulist may also be a powerful choice.

//Filiox

Introduction

This build have been heavily focused on Posion damage(90% of my dps). I have ben able to get insanly high posion damage by focusing on stats that "double dip" on damage. This is done by using trap and Firestorm together with full chaos conversion, focusing on Trap and Chaos damage and using four more multiplier support gems which also double dips, resulting in insane damage.

Videos

Gear
Spoiler
Mandatory Uniques
Spoiler

Recommended Uniques
Spoiler

Budget 5-Links Options
Spoiler

Current Gear
Spoiler

Budget Version
Spoiler
Change these items:

To these:

Gems
Spoiler
Firestorm
4-Link: Use pseudo 5-Link, See gear part.
5-Link: Firestorm - Trap - Trap and Mine Damage - Void Manipulation - Concentrated Effect
6-Link: Add Increased Duration or Controlled Destruction

Auras
Artic Armour - Blasphemy - Temporal Chains

CWDT
Cast When Damage Taken - Arctic Breath - Greater Multiple Projectiles

Wither Totem
Spell Totem - Faster Casting - Increased Duration - Wither

Whirling Blades
Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic - Fortify

Abyssal Cry
Abyssal Cry - Increased Area Of Effect - Void Manipulation - Life Leech

Tree

Leveling
Spoiler
I would recommend to level as Contagion + Essence Drain as i did, you probably could level as a trapper too.

Math
Spoiler
What makes this build so strong? It's the concept of "double dipping". I have focesed on stats that benifit both the initial hit and the poison.

All these Stats Double dip:
Increased Trap damage: ~200%
Increased Chaos damage ~200%
Increased Area damage ~30%
Increased Duration ~90%

And all four support gems are more modifiers which also double dips!
With the more modifiers ~4x damage and the increased damage the result is about 200% of initial damage per second for 4 seconds (800% of the damage) So the initial hit is only about 11% of my total damage.
This is consistent with the regen i see from Binos, Damage without crit ranges from 4400-6500 chaos damage and i get max regen around 14 000 hp/sec

Bandit
Spoiler
Oak - Kill - Kill

Jewels
Spoiler
Go for Life + Chaos Damage/Area Damage(Both these works for Abyssal Cry too) or Trap Damage
Last edited by Filiox on Mar 4, 2016, 10:04:04 AM
Last bumped on Oct 18, 2016, 1:23:55 PM
Uber downed by WATCH_ME_QWER with this build, i will also try soon and record it.

"
WATCH_ME_QWER wrote:
Did a Uber run with this BD and it's AMAZING(only for boss fight, trash clean is a pain since I focus more on damage and afraid get one shot )

I use
for all boss fights and bino's for trash clean.

More leveling tips:

"
Elelish wrote:
for everyone asking how to level: buy a night's hold (T1 unique talisman,1 chaos) with a blue socket. Put fire nova mine into that socket. Run through the whole content.
I used a combination of the firestorm trap (linked in deerstalker boots, 1 chaos)and fire nova mine in nights hold to level. 8 hours for merciless. could have been faster, but thats a fine time i think.

in the earlier levels (until 50) fire nova mine is far better, but firestorm is a bit better for boss killing. you can combine them for bosses with more hp. skill the trap nodes in the tree early and enjoy one of the easiest ways to level up. lvl 45-53 is the most annoying part, but once you hit 53 and equip consuming dark the rest of the content becomes a joke. killed dominus 8 levels below map level in like 10 seconds on merciless. sick build, thanks op.
Last edited by Filiox on Jan 4, 2016, 8:46:39 AM
Very nice use of the Double dipping...looks freaking insane!

Question though, why would you go into the growth and decay cluster?
Last edited by SlashaLO on Dec 29, 2015, 2:18:17 PM
"
SlashaLO wrote:
Very nice use of the Double dipping...looks freaking insane!

Question though, why would you go into the growth and decay cluster?

I dont go into the growth and decay cluster because bino's give insane health regen so i dont feel i need it. Used it while leveling though.
Have you tried firetrap instead of firestorm ?

Why no fatal toxins ?

Are those few crit nodes not better invested elsewhere since the only crit on gear you have is from the implicit on the consuming dark ? Then you can swap out conc effect for controlled destruction (for example) and get more aoe.

"
Kendo_PoE wrote:

Why no fatal toxins ?

Are those few crit nodes not better invested elsewhere since the only crit on gear you have is from the implicit on the consuming dark ? Then you can swap out conc effect for controlled destruction (for example) and get more aoe.

Controlled Destruction Dosen't Double Dip as Conc, i also got Crit on bino's and Infernal Mantle resulting in a 35% crit chance on Firestorm. And same for fatal toxins, to much points to get there and it dosen't double dip as my other increased damage does.
"
Filiox wrote:
"
Kendo_PoE wrote:

Why no fatal toxins ?

Controlled Destruction Dosen't Double Dip as Conc, i also got Crit on bino's and Infernal Mantle resulting in a 35% crit chance on Firestorm. And same for fatal toxins, to much points to get there and it dosen't double dip as my other increased damage does.

I was gonna ask about fatal toxins as well. So you are trying to maximize by only taking the double dipping nodes I guess? My idea would be to drop the crit nodes and possibly take fatal toxins? that 100% dmg increase on poison is pretty hefty.
This build is great! the "pop" is so satisfying! :D
Last edited by Pendulu on Dec 29, 2015, 5:29:38 PM
Insane build, how far did you get into maps so far? (which tiers, clear speed, etc.)
"
anvilgod wrote:
Insane build, how far did you get into maps so far? (which tiers, clear speed, etc.)

My map base sucks atm, tier 10 is a breeze though and Abyssal Cry scale with monster life and the trap damage is not going to be a problem, so i dont foresee any problems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info