[2.3] Crit Staff Flicker Strike Marauder

A note on Ascendany - info on 2 of the Marauder classes isn't released yet, but for Juggernaut:

a) Armour version might become actually better than the Coil one, as you will be able to get 4k+ base armour from the body armour slot alone
b) 1000 flat accuracy is a huge amount, which can free up to 3-5 regular skillpoints and remove any need for accuracy on jewellery
c) 1 additional endurance charge can bring the max number of end charges to 9, with corrupted belt, for up to 36% flat physical dmg reduction
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Jan 14, 2016, 6:55:54 AM
"
Shajirr wrote:
"
Mobsy wrote:
Would a Daresso's Defiance work instead of a Lightning Coil?

Don't recommend using it, at least not in T9+ maps.

The character already has a way of getting endurance charges thanks to the Smashing Strikes keystone.
"You lose all Endurance Charges when Hit " - this mod is a problem because you don't really have much block and don't have evasion/dodge, so you will be losing charges pretty much every time you're hit.

In boss fights you will be mostly out of charges, because if there is not much stuff to kill then you will simply be losing all charges without regaining them back.

In conclusion - it can be a fun body armour to use while levelling, up to lvl 85 I'd say, but with intention of replacing it later on when survivability becomes a primary concern.

Hm... well if you get 5 charges with lvl 1 cwdt and lvl 20 increased duration you are immune to damage pretty much all the time... just have to figure out a way to deal with tanky bosses that 1 shot you...
4 endurance charges give 2.7sec phys immun.
And immortal call has 3sec cd.... so might not even need 5charges or get 5 charges just to be sure... since you get them on kill with the chest and 10%of crits with weapon... you'll be swimming in endurance charges... dont like the number of frenzy charges though...

Any other thoughts?
Does CwDT-IC actually trigger before the armour eats all the charges?
I haven't tested it.

If it does then it might be good for general clearing, terrible for bossfights, so you would still need another chest for some bosses.

My main concern is the following situation:
- you get max charges from kills, get hit, take damage, long IC activates
- you get hit half a second before IC runs out, lose all charges
- IC runs out, you get hit again, for full damage since you have no charges, only short IC activates

Keeping charges at all times in theory should provide a more consistent mitigation and does work on bosses unlike IC+Daresso.
Last edited by Shajirr on Jan 15, 2016, 12:56:39 PM
Hm... true, the hard bosses would even be harder.
5 endurance charges guarantee 3.5secs invulnerability.
And immortal call has 3secs cooldown so it would proc all the time.
I have had the armour on other chars and it works great, the armour does not eat the charges - the cwdt does. The problem is in a 1v1boss fight you would have a very poor source of endurance charges - 10% of the crits that you deal.
so even at 10 attacks per second you get very few endurance charges so not very reliable in a boss fight... running and getting 1 hit with cwdt+immortal call and running away for 2.5seconds till immortal call cd gets back does sound like a really really bad idea.
I was so hyped about this build damnit...
Aaaand I'm back!

I have tried a build without Dareso or Coil - just a crappy 2ex 6L rare with some resists - worked pretty well.

A Taste of Hate would replace Coil in the "oh shit situation" and a good armour with more life than Coil (and the resists...) would prolly be a better alternative to the Coil.

If you optimize the gear you get 80%+crit before the Assassin's Mark debuff - so you are at about 90%crit rate.
I did get lucky in vaaling a +1frenzy pair of boots and ran a 3endurance/6frenzy/4powercharge setup (with Hegemony).
Even with over 5k hp @ lvl 89 I still (on occasion) get 1shot (damn you Abyssus).

I plan to take another shot with the setup and use a 6endurance/6frenzy/4powercharge (same hegemony, no points for +1powercharge from tree)
This time I hope to survive using a Duelist-Champion.

My question is: for the CWDT setup... would a lvl 20 cwdt + lvl 20 IC work? (with 6 endurance charges I get 3.75secs+ of invulnerability).

At 10 attacks per second (that's what I had with 6frenzy charges+blood rage - and yes, only blood rage is enough to sustain frenzy charge generation due to almost all the time crit = 1shot any mob till T12 maps that's when I gave up) with 90% x 10% chance to get endurance charges I would get 3.3 (average) endurance charges within that IC duration.
I am not gonna sacrifice the quest for an extra endurance charge - can't flicker with less than 6 frenzy charges properly.
One option would be an expensive 7th endurance charge belt... hm.

Thoughts?
Well, the following problems still remain:

a) You still have to get hit before IC activates. So it won't save you against oneshot-charge-type boss attacks, and regular mobs won't trigger IC.
b) 10% to generate charge is just too low to rely on it if you spend the charges.
If you calculated 3.3 average charges gained in the duration of IC, situations when you end up with 0-1 charge will be quite common.

So in some situations you gain more survivability, after IC activates and you gain enough charges during that time, and in other cases less survivability when IC ends and you still don't have many charges yet.

Also, for going Armour route the Juggernaut is undoubtedly the best, as it turns 2000 armour chest into 4000.
Don't forget 1k base accuracy, high crit doesn't mean much with bad accuracy.
This is more important than having permanent Fortify.
Last edited by Shajirr on Feb 23, 2016, 5:46:24 AM
You cannot have 1000 accuracy, double chest armour and the whole bonus damage from the +1 endurance charge part of the mini tree...
I got accuracy to 90% from gear - with only 1 ring with 300 something accuracy - so I think the Marauder path is not the best, also Champion's fortify is better than the gem.

Unfortunately the way armour is calculated it sux unless you have ALOT (as in shield and all armour nodes in the whole tree) - and I am talking about the single situation that matters: 1 shot.
3.5k base armour versus 5-5.5k base armour turns out to be mitigating 6.5% of a 5k crit instead of 9.5% - you are gaining quite less than a 26% dmg reduction on that hit from permanent fortify. (ok, less than 26% dmg reduction since you have 1 extra endurance charge).
You could argue that you can use fortify with the marauder as well - but your dps will take a serious dent.
I had almost 600k (that's right) dps with atziri/taste/vaal haste up - in 8 seconds I could wreck almost any boss. Running maps at 300k dps was like cruising - not easy on the eyes though.
The only problem was getting 1 shot without Taste of haste up - I admit I was not running fortify and the problem is now solved in Acendancy.
Maybe going the Molten shell route instead of immortal call would be better?

Added 2 printscreens: Marauder Juggernaut Unbreakable+Unflinching build without fortify: http://prntscr.com/a79f0a
build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_f-Mx-xo-8i98uCkuFCDvDlBH5FGXeQmWOQ7rCYVS2WGtjc9-dqzqGPcykn3cI5hvVw2WbJHO85toZeXPcqmsqlnz7US8mkFyyWcaOJBVJy-fPi3Scg9mnvrSFy9k51XWgKSUb2ZUFm_jah0Uj0YTcV6lWK40MfuLwQR5aD_86GYIsalud-MB3ITZR369NmVNvqeplHh6qSeHaoTvouoS4drBLlPTb3TtBS1670CgXhMhVdw9B3XApiz7iiInIEMxv9VTu8MzWhpM_04qI9OPYMAabzt4DbXyNZLYvZMHuUOnpQ==

and Duelist champion with fortify: http://prntscr.com/a79fux
build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAuR2nn5-jAdx344TZqW5HfqmUwBp5aL02h2p4engNbzvBBD_8ZU2pJ7XyXz_oZr6nhO81khQgGj72SH_jCLHawaLq2L3vDvIvfLiMzzH7QzF07S5TEuFQRykuTP-_1cMzBS3Tb-RRTipTu1oaeu-XeSPTQKAJlo9gXhM5DiFV6wncPSz7hVIHdYoi2WHApicgVw2tjZZs85vPfpHOaGV2rOoY9zKSfXKp3COsqphvWfPlz-1Enz4aOHIPvJot0pBVZp5Bcicv-tLJZx0UFy8Wb5MHj0Zk5-NquUMTcVXWXqWApFiuNDH7i5RvZlSnpQ==

My original question remains :( :
What other options are for CWDT except IC and Molten Shell?
It seems I will go with CWDT + Ball Lightning+Blind+Knockback....

Last edited by Mobsy on Feb 25, 2016, 5:38:41 AM
Would love to try this build in ascendancy. Will you update it for the new patch?
Last edited by Zmexy on Mar 4, 2016, 3:32:08 PM
Well, I tried to run the Labyrinth 5 times so far, one time got to 1st Izario phase and beaten him, but in all attempts got killed by the traps... Giving up for now, so not when the Juggernaut armour version will be tested...

Also, regarding Mobsy's post above - he assumes not using Fortify at all, when in reality you do activate it with Leap Slam when needed, so Champion adds pretty much nothing on top of that except slightly improving its effect.

About CwDT - BL+Blind is ok, Knockback not so much since you always move anyway on attack, also GMP-Arctic Breath, Skeletons for creating distractions.
I ended up going with a slayer and toss in a fortify as my 6th link.
Using flicker/melee dmg/splash/critical strikes/multistrike/fortify? at the moment....
I used to run with physical to lightning instead of fortify in talisman and it was nice until you 1shot yourself on a elemental reflect - broken even more now with +6resist from flasks instead of +10... but hey... I guess GGG wants us to buy all the hardcore gear and just crawl on maps.

I figured that extra damage to rares/elites is what I need since trash are getting 1 shotted anyway as I got 95%crit rate at the moment....
I did not get much time to play and currency is not scarce at the moment, missing a hegemony and +1 charges for belt/boots.
I will prolly drop knockback in favour of GMP for blind as the results are not satisfying with blind+knockback.
I am using one of the 4link for ancient protector /melee dmg / ice golem / vaal lightning trap for that shocked ground effect to help nuke that boss down instantly.

I still die instantly on orchard dart-exploding mobs with no extra mods? at 4.2k hp...
I 1shot the pack with flicker and die... even when using Basalt flask... wth...
5 endurance charges at the moment+Basalt flask are not enough... and I dont have enough currency for Taste of Hate yet...
I am starting to consider going back on a ranger as the raider seems insane(and alot safer... pew pew ranged)...

Last edited by Mobsy on Mar 11, 2016, 8:48:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info