[2.4 Video Guide] Beginners Tanky Infernal Blow Marauder Build [HC/SC]

"
n86eal wrote:
So, I am currently lvl 81 with my character MeatGrinderDeluxe, and I am not sure where I should go at the moment. Link to character here. I am running with 12013 armor, max resist, -38% chaos resist, 17987 dps with IB and 26793 dps with heavy strike(without frenzy charges). Also have 4985 hp.

I run easy maps up to tier 5 at the moment, where most of the trash doesn't hurt at all, though some bosses gives me the scare, like blacksmith in Spider Forest Map Tier 4 map. I also skip a lot of other maps because even though I run around with 78% damage reduction with endurance charges I feel squishy at times.

So, I just wonder where to go for the next step. Been saving up and have around 2.5ex worth in chaos at the moment, so the question is if I should try and get a belly of the beast(even though it lowers my armour quite a lot), or maybe try and get a 5-link 2 hander with higher pDPS.

Any kind of help to move my character forward is appreciated.

As a melee character there is always some sketchy moments. That is the nature of the game, don't worry about that. Are you making sure to use your Ironskin Granite Flask as well? That is a big part of any builds defence and should never be underestimated.

As for what you should buy; I would recommend a new weapon - improving your damage also indirectly improves your defences. The faster you kill the monster the less time it has to attack you!
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
And you leech more... 18k seems to be a bit low. Iam at 78 and run 30k without charges. 5k hp.
"
raggapaul wrote:
And you leech more... 18k seems to be a bit low. Iam at 78 and run 30k without charges. 5k hp.

Also a good point yes!
Say Liftingnerd, I notice you never take any of the Elemental Resistance Nodes or Diamond Skin. Is there a reason for this?
Let's kill things and take their stuff!
"
Charlesly wrote:
Say Liftingnerd, I notice you never take any of the Elemental Resistance Nodes or Diamond Skin. Is there a reason for this?

Those nodes are great for early game, however for late game I consider them a waste as you can otherwise cover those resistances on your gear and save the points for more life or damage :)
Do you think Carcass Jack would work well with this build?
So, I have started running yellow maps without any real problems though I am still not doing any immune to curses maps. How do people handle them? From my experience running maps, the life leech is extremely important and I am guessing just flasks won't do.

I guess I can change out on gem for a life leech gem while mana will handle itself. Still, those curse immune maps are starting to stack and while I do have a nice stash of chaos, I do not feel comfortable starting to roll the maps just yet.
"
n86eal wrote:
So, I have started running yellow maps without any real problems though I am still not doing any immune to curses maps. How do people handle them? From my experience running maps, the life leech is extremely important and I am guessing just flasks won't do.

I guess I can change out on gem for a life leech gem while mana will handle itself. Still, those curse immune maps are starting to stack and while I do have a nice stash of chaos, I do not feel comfortable starting to roll the maps just yet.

yea add in life leech if you feel you need it however, I would simply re-roll the map even if you waste a chaos orb :)
I've been doing this build for ever.
However, it has a problem with end game maps.
Take for instance Fairgraves in end maps.. how the hell do you kill him?
We need to change this build to do chaos or something instead.
Yes, having a 2h is great, but maybe we need dual weapons for the uni dagger to give chaos from fire... because it's really difficult to do some mobs...

... we need to do all maps all mods.
Last edited by Mushuukyou on Jan 12, 2016, 7:14:02 PM
How is reflect not an issue for this build? I'm in a Tier 4 (!) map with elemental reflect and getting raped. Even after turning off hatred I'm getting absolutely wrecked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info