(RANT) Terrible drops as usual

I have 0 idea how people play this game for multiple hours and still be super poor. Do you work a 9-5 job and come home with 0 dollars and 0 cents at the end of the week? Even if you farmed 5 hours a day and made like 20 chaos, that would mean every 3-4 days you would afford 1 exalt. Within 2-3 weeks you would have a decked out character with all decent gear (5 link unique armor, 1-2 exalt weapon ect)

You can afford a 6-link doing master dailies for the currency everyday for a month.

Also levels spread over multiple mean jack shit in this game, good shit drops at high level. If you level 3 characters to 80, you literally just wasted many multiple hours per character in getting shitty drops. If you want money you need to focus and only play 1 high level character for content.

If they buffed the drop rates of "Expensive items", they become less expensive so you make less money selling them anyway. It gotten to the point where everything in general, is pretty cheap that you can afford by pure alteration farming without getting any good drops.

Even the mythical 6-link can be afforded if you spent like 30 seconds everyday doing vorchi dailies to get fusings for 1500 fusings to hard 6-link them.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Feb 10, 2016, 12:47:53 AM
When i see this threads over and over again, i realized it now. 4x more droprate was not just a bad idea, it was a fail. At least for some players. They wanted to help casuals, but it didn't worked.

Why? Lemme try explain.

Let's say some item dropped about once per 1000 players in average before. Now it drops once per 250 players average, in same amount of playing time.

What it means to you? If you're casual, probably nothing in terms of droprates. You still need to play alot to get something and you still have just 1/250 chance to get it.

They must buff it 1000 times, so u can get your item with almost 100% certainty. It would literally rain uniques and between them will be soon ur wanted item(s). But what will be the point then?

They could make also Hillock drop Mjölner and Shavs will be reward from Nessa. Rest like Rat's nest, Maligaro's etc. will be available from vendor for few chaos. But that's silly idea for sure.

Now back to drops. As i said, 4x more droprate probably still doesn't affect you, if you're not lucky or u don't play alot. U still have "just" 4x more chance than before.

But globally, it definitely affects about 4x more players than before. And it creates 4x faster market saturation. That's alot.

So in the end, even if u find some good unique, except very few ones, it will be priceless, because of price wars. That's why u can't find anything worth over ex now.

Before u haved even lower chance, but if u found something, u got jackpot. Now u got alch shards :-)

PS: About 4x increased droprates, some ppl can say it's same, some can say its still rng, some ppl could say its just luck, that's all, but here's my experience:

Before that 4x patch i've found "only" Auxium, Bino, Crown of Eyes, Drillneck and Mjölner from uncommon and expensive uniques, also i've been in parties where Shavs, Kaoms and Voltaxic dropped.

I remember it very well, cos always when some of this items dropped, everyone was like stunned, including me. I've seen just once this every item dropped, not more.

After 4x patch, i've found Mjölner and Shavs in same day (so far i've found two "new" Mjölners), Bino again, Crown of Eyes again and twice now, Drillneck three times, Kaoms 2x or 3x times (not sure now), Auxium several times and Voltaxic about 4-5x so far.

Also, i've found alot of other uniques which was expensive before and i always wanted to find them, unfortunately their price fell to the bottom aswell. In parties after 2.0 i've seen several drops of Shavs, Mjölners, Kaoms, etc.

Sure, i played alot. But funny is, after 2.0 i definitely played less than before.

Also, except 20-25 ir from my rat's nest at two of my chars and one ammy with 20 ir at one of my chars, i didn't haved any rarity at all. Only when i played alone, which is about 1/3 of my playtime, i sometimes (but not all the time) equipped ir gem, that's all.

Well, that was my 2 cents (hellers here), i see i was pretty prolific today ;-)
Last edited by CRE_AGA on Feb 10, 2016, 2:55:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info