(RANT) Terrible drops as usual

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
failpatrol wrote:
The most wealthy players either play 16 hours a day or they use RMT to get started and farm ubers because honestly it's the only way to get rich in this game. At this point i would gladly pay 10$ for a 6link than grind another month of chaos/alteration. Anyways, i uninstalled until next league because it really feels like a waste of my time.

I just work margins. Nothing fancy just buy low sell a little higher. Like I bought a 6L shavs yesterday for 22ex and will sell it for 25ex. You can do this with any value item. Wisdom scrolls to mirrors.

Yeah well, this is a videogame not a second job. I play this game because it's supposed to be more enjoyable than doing actual work, not the other way around.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
^^ well the issue with flipping or such an emphasis on trade is that its unsustainable for everyone, I think this is one of the biggest problems with the current mapping system.
Perhaps when poe was new and good rares were much harder to get, eg without master crafting much less people would get to mapping. Now its not really that hard and a huge % of players make it there but the system is always gonna favor those who put there money into making more money and not those who play the game.
Last edited by Fhark on Dec 27, 2015, 5:04:29 PM
"
failpatrol wrote:
Is it normal to go from 1 to 86 without a single good drop?

You expect 1ex-loot every ~40hrs playing? I don't even think that applies over at blizzard.
Perception is reality.
"
widardd wrote:
"
failpatrol wrote:

You expect 1ex-loot every ~40hrs playing? I don't even think that applies over at blizzard.

Tell that to the guys who claim that they make 1.6ex per hour doing speed farming.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1zx8pa/currency_farming_statistics_from_100_lvl_69_maps/

This was before IIQ nerf, but still possible to get that much with uniques and map mods I think.
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Dec 27, 2015, 10:39:18 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
widardd wrote:
"
failpatrol wrote:

Tell that to the guys who claim that they make 1.6ex per hour doing speed farming.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1zx8pa/currency_farming_statistics_from_100_lvl_69_maps/

This was before IIQ nerf, but still possible to get that much with uniques and map mods I think.

The image gallery posted in that thread shows a date of march 2014.
Their character is using spectral throw with a marohi erqi.
Spoiler
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Yes, but people still claim to be able to farm 1 ex per hour. Look for a thread called "secrets secrets and more secrets" or something where I explained that someone had purchased a shavs for 40 ex three days into a new league.

In that thread you can find all sorts of people who claim that is totally normal and that they can farm one ex per hour.
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Dec 28, 2015, 1:55:27 AM
"
failpatrol wrote:

Yes, very normal. (for this game)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
You may consider stopping POE masochism for a while and play some D3 or something else of mainstream player friendly design (i.e. casual). It usually helps.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
If drops were good then nothing you found would be worth 1ex when you did find something because everyone else would have found it too.

To really give good drops they would have to do like D3. SFL in order not to destory the economy.

Not true. If drops were better people would buy perfect or near-perfect items, or special uniques like Andvarius. Or instead of farming for 20 hours to get that one unique you need for your build you'd buy it. Or you'd trade away rare drops for currency. Or you'd sell items you don't need anymore to people who play less than you, or whatever. The more people are playing the more opportunities for trade there are.

It's not impossible to have a functioning economy and at the same time have satisfactory drops. It's just that you, and people like you, and GGG likes it the way it is.

I think this hurts the game. The genre is extremely popular, why are so few people playing PoE? I think for many people it goes like this: They start up the game, see the so-so graphics and animations, see the huge passive tree, feel intimidated, get shitty drops, hear from other people about their shitty drops, and poof goes the motivation.

But if it were for decent drops (not a random assortment of shit stats on rares, with no uniques in sight) countered by decent challenges, the graphics and animations would not be that much of an issue. And the passive tree would be something to tackle because they see a satisfactory experience on the horizon.

"
widardd wrote:
"
failpatrol wrote:

Do you listen to yourself? 40 hours is an entire week of work of course i expect at least one fucking good drop. Imo, this game is pretty much latestagecapitalism in a nutshell. People starting with extra cash from RMT or people playing 13+hours a day will always be richer and the others will be forced into chaos mines forever.

I don't even consider myself a casual, im just really tired of seeing my screen entirely covered in shit drops for HOURS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info