(RANT) Terrible drops as usual

So i have been playing at least 5 hours a day for the past 3 weeks. I have 3 characters, 86, 83 and 79. I am currently farming tier 8+ maps all yellows with 60+ quantity. I haven't seen a single drop above 1 ex. Why is this game so unrewarding? Is it normal to go from 1 to 86 without a single good drop? Even the rares seem to suck hard in this league, hard to find a good one. This game should just be renamed to ALTERATION FARMING because that's the truth. I am getting burned out because i can't see any progress. I find no joy in alteration farming.

I know you are all going to tell me RNG is RNG or make a MF character. Well fuck it, i tried that before and it's so boring and slow i might as well uninstall.

Cant 6l
cant find a good drop

should i uninstall? i think so
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Just so you know just because someone has an MF char doesn't mean it finds good stuff it just means they find more ''shit''

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Right there with you man. Spent the entire day farming (literally the entire day) and don't think I made a single chaos. Just some alterations that I can maybe sell up.

Apparently, someone made 1.6ex an hour doing dominus runs back in the day and that is the standard rate. IDK how. I'm killing voll in like 15s and doing speedruns with about 100-150 IIR and have shit to show for it.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Dec 26, 2015, 11:05:22 PM
"
failpatrol wrote:
So i have been playing at least 5 hours a day for the past 3 weeks. I have 3 characters, 86, 83 and 79. I am currently farming tier 8+ maps all yellows with 60+ quantity. I haven't seen a single drop above 1 ex. Why is this game so unrewarding? Is it normal to go from 1 to 86 without a single good drop? Even the rares seem to suck hard in this league, hard to find a good one. This game should just be renamed to ALTERATION FARMING because that's the truth. I am getting burned out because i can't see any progress. I find no joy in alteration farming.

I know you are all going to tell me RNG is RNG or make a MF character. Well fuck it, i tried that before and it's so boring and slow i might as well uninstall.

Cant 6l
cant find a good drop

tru problebs, mb wts tier 8 for tier 7, and farming tier 7 only, u farming more this and sell tier 8 for noobs who lost all money.

mb tier 8 - its only friends party farming or streamers only.
Last edited by DioGeralictik on Dec 27, 2015, 12:48:34 AM
"
failpatrol wrote:

Cant 6l
cant find a good drop

First, you find 1 more Exalt than I do average, so you got that going for you.

6Linking is in a good spot imo (and it comes from someone who hates RNG gating progression,) it's 5Linking that should have easier access to, since many builds require a 5Link to even function, but perhaps Ascendancy sub-classes will fix that (+1 Chain, hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng.)

But to answer your topic, GGG balanced the droprates around trading (and they also nerfed droprates to combat the bots farming Felshrine Ruin, fucking awful idea,) not many likes it, but they really only listen to their overglorified no-life community who finds it fine that you need to flip for a good century if you're not no-lifing as they are and rotating maps in 6-man parties (most people's PC can't even run more than 3-man parties due to particle overload.)

And no, Alteration Farming is the wrong name, it's more: Minorities in the chaos mines.
Because that's how the game is designed, those unfortunate will be put in the Chaos mines, making sure there's an income of Chaos Orbs that will be put up on the market.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Last edited by Derpey on Dec 27, 2015, 6:13:53 AM
"
Derpey wrote:
"
failpatrol wrote:

Cant 6l
cant find a good drop

First, you find 1 more Exalt than I do average, so you got that going for you.

6Linking is in a good spot imo (and it comes from someone who hates RNG gating progression,) it's 5Linking that should have easier access to, since many builds require a 5Link to even function, but perhaps Ascendancy sub-classes will fix that (+1 Chain, hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng.)

But to answer your topic, GGG balanced the droprates around trading (and they also nerfed droprates to combat the bots farming Felshrine Ruin, fucking awful idea,) not many likes it, but they really only listen to their overglorified no-life community who finds it fine that you need to flip for a good century if you're not no-lifing as they are and rotating maps in 6-man parties (most people's PC can't even run more than 3-man parties due to particle overload.)

And no, Alteration Farming is the wrong name, it's more: Minorities in the chaos mines.
Because that's how the game is designed, those unfortunate will be put in the Chaos mines, making sure there's an income of Chaos Orbs that will be put up on the market.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm led to believe that most wealthy players got so wealthy by doing IIR runs of dominus/voll. I've spent an entire day self-IIR running voll doing runs about 1-2 minutes per (most of the time spent looking for him) and I self-cull him with IIR gem and have some IIR on gear that gives me roughly 80-100% IIR. After a full day of that I have literally nothing but some alterations that I traded up to chaos, basically. I still don't have any idea how someone can claim 1ex per hour is typical.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
The most wealthy players either play 16 hours a day or they use RMT to get started and farm ubers because honestly it's the only way to get rich in this game. At this point i would gladly pay 10$ for a 6link than grind another month of chaos/alteration. Anyways, i uninstalled until next league because it really feels like a waste of my time.
If drops were good then nothing you found would be worth 1ex when you did find something because everyone else would have found it too.

To really give good drops they would have to do like D3. SFL in order not to destory the economy.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 27, 2015, 1:46:07 PM
"
failpatrol wrote:
The most wealthy players either play 16 hours a day or they use RMT to get started and farm ubers because honestly it's the only way to get rich in this game. At this point i would gladly pay 10$ for a 6link than grind another month of chaos/alteration. Anyways, i uninstalled until next league because it really feels like a waste of my time.

I just work margins. Nothing fancy just buy low sell a little higher. Like I bought a 6L shavs yesterday for 22ex and will sell it for 25ex. You can do this with any value item. Wisdom scrolls to mirrors.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
If drops were good then nothing you found would be worth 1ex when you did find something because everyone else would have found it too.

To really give good drops they would have to do like D3. SFL in order not to destory the economy.

You know what, the economy got destroyed in darkshrine and its the best thing that happened to this game. I could finally play the builds i wanted for cheap, get 20% gems and find loot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info