3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

"
Uglùk wrote:
Hi,this build looks awesome..is viable in hc perandus.Iknow,frequently asked question, I just want to know!ty

Hey yeah this build is fully viable in all leagues, including perandus and hardcore. I've had dozens of perandus players telling me of their success in the league and many hardcore players make it to lv90 and beyond as well as hardcore league Atziri farmers with my build.

@Umbra_the_Wolf
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Jul 5, 2016, 4:40:14 AM
the leech formula is indeed from wiki and therefore contains any errors the writers wrote down. It was not easy to get an understanding of the wording, but from a visual perspective and a mathematical take 2200 life per second leech is pretty accurate, including a couple hundred from life regen.

The second part "x5 enemies" was an example of what leech you are doing in spurts when you are near full health and do not encounter life leech queues, which is why despite doing only 2200 life per second its as if I have infinite life. The rate in small spurts of little hits means I leech the little hits almost instantly giving me the appearance of much higher life leech per second, this is why I like the fact my dual striker is so effective in mobs because small hits do almost nothing to him even when there are rapid small hits. It's when my dual striker take a very big hit that it's very evident that 2200 life per second is the real maximum and takes time to get it back. If you watch my double boss T15 Abyss video I am dropped to 100 health and it takes ~3 seconds to get all of my health back. That's 6700 life / 2200 per second. If you watch my other videos you can compare what other leech type characters are like in mobs, I can say they don't hop right in them. My marauder thrives in mobs.

It was meant to be informational, not confusing. Count on whatever errors there are in the wiki page's math to be in my formula but I do know from 94 levels of leeching experience that 2000+ life leech is basically spot on.

I hope this helps

(if you are running VP this makes no difference)

@Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Jul 3, 2016, 3:32:25 PM
The detail and love you put into this build and the follow-up posts is awesome. TYVM!
"
dkp wrote:
The detail and love you put into this build and the follow-up posts is awesome. TYVM!

Heck yeah man! And thanks for the patronage :D
@Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Jul 5, 2016, 4:39:01 AM
Have you considered using the voidheart ring? Think it'd be worth even trying or would the added damage be negligible? Also, have you tried using the Cherubim's chest piece? (increases leech speed by 100%) That, together with alpha howl might be another way to increase the leech without stretching for vaal pact, think it'd work?
Firstly, I saw nothing on the ring to indicate it will increase leech rate (life leecg recovery rate or speed as you worded it). I checked around POE Wiki but saw it did not have an older version listed, but POE Wiki is often not fully up to date on everything.

I will say this, with Vaal Pact the leech effects of leech rate are totally nullified since VP makes all leech rates swapped out for instant leech (effectively becoming life gain on hit).

Even if it increases leech rate, I can say you cannot easily (or at all) accommodate the ring into my build since it offers low life, no resistances, nothing good of any kind really.

That being said, there are other rings I've never tested but may have neat effects

1. Death Rush, offers onslaught after kill and some leech percent which at least will pump your APS (and thereby also increase leech rate by increasing APS)

2. Emberwake, can ignite an enemy up to 300x, not sure if it'll apply but my dual striker does burn entire mobs for his Added Fire gem plus AoE burns with Herald of Ash. He tends to nuke mobs thereby limiting the ring's possible good effect on smaller enemies but I will say if somehow you could burn a high health boss for 300x different ignites...wow, when attacking 14-15x per second I bet he could hit 300. Somehow I know it simply won't work.

3. Essence Worm, a socketed gem reserves no mana, this is obvious, if you put a high mana reserve aura in this then you could potentially get another aura for defense or offense.

4. Mutewind Seal, when at lower level this would be nice, has a bunch of APS and increased Phys. Dmg., plus at low level it's likely you'll want the faster attacks on this to couple with a Leap Slam and not to mention the Golem bonus can help low level people

5. The Pariah, seeing how my marauder has a ton of red sockets this ring could help those with low life gear to get hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of extra maximum life which will multiply of course
Congrats on the build's achievement, Umbra.

This dropped for me in prophecy

Not the fastest axe but decent enough for me to get (finally) started as I've the rest of the gear (legacy BOR and ST, +4 block Lazhwar.

Question: Do you think haste would be an adequate substitute for hatred? Seeing that this build emphasizes attack speed.
Hey there, I had run haste before and it was extremely underwhelming when taking hatred away. I reverted back to hatred not long after. Excessive speed without the elemental bonuses from hatred just sucks but it sure looks cool swinging those access extra fast! Hatred is just too tactical to swap out when it's combined with high speed, soul taker's chill effect and the cold damage is very good when you do my dude right. Stick with hatred no ifs about it.

@Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Jul 17, 2016, 1:59:51 PM
Ah, for the increased leech i was talking about the cherubim's maleficence unique triumphant lamellar, which is a unique that has life, decent armor/evasion, and 100%increased life leeched per second. I really appreciate the reply, though. :)
"
Horky wrote:
Ah, for the increased leech i was talking about the cherubim's maleficence unique triumphant lamellar, which is a unique that has life, decent armor/evasion, and 100%increased life leeched per second. I really appreciate the reply, though. :)

Ahh that's my fault, I didn't catch that. You know what? That's not a bad armor at all. Belly of the Beast will give more life and with Vaal Pact it makes the leech rate increase null and void, however it may be possible to defeat Uber with this armor without Vaal Pact since my marauder heals for 2200/s he'd pass 4000/s so he'd pretty much run full life anyway. Vaal Pact has stiff leech percent penalties that this armor may overcome. I'm sure it will be hard as @!#!@#! to incorporate it but I'm going to send this off to Zombiesoup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info