3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

Solid extremely easy to play build.
It reminds me of the old Max Block BoR Wings of Entropy build but with more emphasis on life and leach and less on block.

I wanted to give some feedback and minor tips for players entering new leagues with this build who have no budget.

1. Get a Lakishu unique one handed sword as soon as you can. They're very cheap (2 alteration to 1-2 alch), It offers a built in Multistrike and will carry you through to lvl 60. In your 60's you'll want to look up Wings of Entropy if you're still broke and didn't have good luck with uniques. It's a very solid Dual Striker Axe and will easily carry you to 75+ while you build currency. It should cost an alch or 2, maybe 1 chaos.

2. Don't hesitate to get that +30 int node. You will have int problems. Respec later once your Jewelery makes up for it. Also, don't wear Kaom's Roots until you can max your res from just Jewelery, Belt, Gloves.

3. If you're broke, save for that Soul Taker. But get a BoR first. It should cost you roughly 1-5 chaos for even a good Non-legacy BoR. Soul Taker will cost anywhere from 35chaos (great deal) to 60chaos/1exalt. Above that it better be perfect or you're getting ripped off.

4. Corrupt Stone of Lazhwar with Spell block is a cheap corruption so don't over-pay, it's normal Block corruption that costs more. I got my stone for 1 chaos. Also, go ahead and get a corrupted Kaom's Roots (1alch-2chaos), I don't know all the corruption choices but the most common seem to be 3-4% chance to dodge attacks, 3% run walk, or 3-4% chaos res. I personally went with Dodge.
-Umbra can tell us what the ideal corruption on Kaom's Roots is. There's imho no reason not to corrupt it for a benefit.

5. Get Rumi's flasks last, you can get away with some Granite Flasks/Basalt Till you have enough currency after your soul takers.

6. I HIGHLY suggest swapping Ancestral Warchief for Faster Attacks for that Leap Slamp + Fortify. Kaom's Roots are so slow that they actually hinder your clear speed. Warchief is a small loss, and you can reslot it later once you have godly enough gear to wear an unset ring.

Tl;dr. This Build is solid, It works even in new leagues. And is not actually expensive now that there are Div cards for BoR. You can get the entire build up and running for 40-45 chaos. It naturally gets much more expensive if you want perfect uniques, and godly rares.
"
ಥ_ಥ wrote:
Solid extremely easy to play build.
It reminds me of the old Max Block BoR Wings of Entropy build but with more emphasis on life and leach and less on block.

I wanted to give some feedback and minor tips for players entering new leagues with this build who have no budget.

1. Get a Lakishu unique one handed sword as soon as you can. They're very cheap (2 alteration to 1-2 alch), It offers a built in Multistrike and will carry you through to lvl 60. In your 60's you'll want to look up Wings of Entropy if you're still broke and didn't have good luck with uniques. It's a very solid Dual Striker Axe and will easily carry you to 75+ while you build currency. It should cost an alch or 2, maybe 1 chaos.

2. Don't hesitate to get that +30 int node. You will have int problems. Respec later once your Jewelery makes up for it. Also, don't wear Kaom's Roots until you can max your res from just Jewelery, Belt, Gloves.

3. If you're broke, save for that Soul Taker. But get a BoR first. It should cost you roughly 1-5 chaos for even a good Non-legacy BoR. Soul Taker will cost anywhere from 35chaos (great deal) to 60chaos/1exalt. Above that it better be perfect or you're getting ripped off.

4. Corrupt Stone of Lazhwar with Spell block is a cheap corruption so don't over-pay, it's normal Block corruption that costs more. I got my stone for 1 chaos. Also, go ahead and get a corrupted Kaom's Roots (1alch-2chaos), I don't know all the corruption choices but the most common seem to be 3-4% chance to dodge attacks, 3% run walk, or 3-4% chaos res. I personally went with Dodge.
-Umbra can tell us what the ideal corruption on Kaom's Roots is. There's imho no reason not to corrupt it for a benefit.

5. Get Rumi's flasks last, you can get away with some Granite Flasks/Basalt Till you have enough currency after your soul takers.

6. I HIGHLY suggest swapping Ancestral Warchief for Faster Attacks for that Leap Slamp + Fortify. Kaom's Roots are so slow that they actually hinder your clear speed. Warchief is a small loss, and you can reslot it later once you have godly enough gear to wear an unset ring.

Tl;dr. This Build is solid, It works even in new leagues. And is not actually expensive now that there are Div cards for BoR. You can get the entire build up and running for 40-45 chaos. It naturally gets much more expensive if you want perfect uniques, and godly rares.

Very good list! I'm putting this on the build page. Very good advice!! Keep up all the fan support of my dual striker and help other newbs guys! My dual striker is fun and strong, very much worth the community support and I'm so excited to see everyone diving into mobs with this guy. Thanks everyone!

@Umbra_of_Eclipse
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Hey Umbra,

Can we get two build updates please?
1. what should we spend our 2 new extra Ascendency points on, For those in Prophecy league, who now have a total of 8. I'm thinking either Rite of Ruin. Or taking 1 and 1 inbetween points: Physical Attack Damage, Armour & Physical Attack Damage, Speed. We don't use warcries at all so both those warcray points look bad. Aspect of Carnage looks too risky to me. But I don't know what the build would need end game.

2. Kaom's roots Corruption. It's minor but there's no reason not to have it. Which boot corruption do you feel is most min/max'd?

Thanks!
"

i pick up that totem for uber Atziri fight(i used endurance charge on melee stun/ancestral protector earlier), w/o totem i allowed her to recover life from summons, and this gem was really useful. that items and gems you see in guide are from my character, and i'm already lvl100, i do not clear maps, just kill some bosses for fun).

calculate it. faster attacks gem does not increase your clearspeed, just you will move between packs faster(win like 5sec per 100leaps). and not roots hinder your clearspeed. w/o faster attacks gem this build moves very very fast, enough fast to be first right in the center of every pack in any plateau rotation(trust me, 99-100lvl way is about 300 plateau runs). anyway it is small optimization, you need to be in roots and w/unset ring to think about it. i did not want to part from FA gem but it is not worth one of your 14sockets.

this questions are not adressed to me but my idea was to take "rite of ruin", i want to explain my thoughts. as about roots corruption:

"
1. what should we spend our 2 new extra Ascendency points on, For those in Prophecy league, who now have a total of 8. I'm thinking either Rite of Ruin. Or taking 1 and 1 inbetween points: Physical Attack Damage, Armour & Physical Attack Damage, Speed. We don't use warcries at all so both those warcray points look bad. Aspect of Carnage looks too risky to me. But I don't know what the build would need end game.

Rite of ruin: when boss fight lasts more 4seconds i get 25% increased attack speed (some 1on1 boss fights last 30-50seconds). also i start to move faster in lab or some complicated locations when no monsters around (half of faster attacks gem+works only when you want to move faster)

Alternative:
1) 24% phys damage+6% attack speed from 2 small points. at the moment i see no reasons to take it. i don't really need that phys damage, and i can easy compensate 6% attack speed on items/tree/jewels.
2)"Aspect of carnage"+6% increased attack speed. probably with 8k life i can afford this point. too risky and very strong.
i remember how many times i was in 1% of life from death. do not try this point if your lifepool <7k

"
Kaom's roots Corruption. It's minor but there's no reason not to have it. Which boot corruption do you feel is most min/max'd?

i feel there is nothing really useful and universal implicit. 4/11 would be ok (chaos res, move speed, dodge, haste). just keep in mind 2 things why it is not so easy.
1)i want perfect roll-150life
2)i want good enchant on my roots more than implicit corruption. i guess 3/15 would be ok (lightning damage, cold damage, attack speed).
so to have corruption i need to buy perfect roll+make 5 lab runs(average)+ have luck in corruption (1/4to get vaal imlicit*4/11 implicit=9%). on the average i buy 11roots+ make 55runs just to get ok implicit+corruption. nobody wants to spend >50 offerings for boots enchant+corruption combo while he can get jackpot on helm.

P.S. just noticed great synergy between "rite of ruin"(http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rite_of_Ruin) and attack speed boots enchant (http://poeaffix.net/gl-enchant.html#id).
i can get 25% increased attack speed if haven't kill, and 16% if have killed. so i want 1/15 enchant.
Hey!
Found your guide and actually having a good time with it and havent ran into anything i couldnt kill. I was wondering though, you said under your gear that you use Enduring Cry but i dont see where the EC is coming from. I may be blind and i may have missed it, im just curious.
Triwesterski is spot on guys, he knows my dual striker well.

@Umbra_the_Wolf
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
I read the whole article about leech mechanics on the Wiki. I did it two times, I did not understand it. Then i found a reddit post that made it clear to me, leading me to believe that the article on the wiki as well as the ingame description are inaccurate and therefore incorrect.

---------------------------------------------
Example:

"
Increased leech per second is the sum of all the #% increased (or reduced) Life/Mana Leeched per second modifiers

An accurate and therefore correct description would be:
"

Increased leech per second is the sum of all the #% increased (or reduced) Life/Mana Leeched per second per instance modifiers.

A small change to wording, but a big one in its contents.
--------------------------------------------

However, after reading this guide, im not sure i understood anything at all. The mechanics in this game make me go crazy.

"
1029 to 1902 leeched per second per enemy= APS11.12 x 92.54 and then x 171.038
5145 to 9509 leeched per 5 enemies per second

I thought with 6,7k HP and 33% maximum Life Leech per second his leechrate is be capped at 33%, hence 2,2K life per second no matter how many leech instances are active.
Hi,this build looks awesome..is viable in hc perandus.Iknow,frequently asked question, I just want to know!ty
*viable in hc prophecy?
"
I thought with 6,7k HP and 33% maximum Life Leech per second his leechrate is be capped at 33%, hence 2,2K life per second no matter how many leech instances are active.

ha, i did read that article many times. probably i still understand something wrong.
you are right. only "vaal pact" ignores all leech caps. main reason to take "hematophagy" is 3%+5% to max life to leech rate. there is inaccuracy in calculations against 5 enemies (cap of istances and cap %max life is not considered). with 6,7k life+33% max life leech per sec. 2.2k life per second is a max leech/second recovery.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info