3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

"
You're missing the point of my build though, to stand still, get attacked, laugh it off and win anyway. I hear this all the time and it gets old after three years: HP/ES-focused builds do less damage. Duh! It is the tradeoff people like me want to go for. 12 years of diablo 2 plus 3 years of this, excluding Baldur's Gate, Champions of Norrath etc and eventually people like me come back to the same conclusion- Nothing beats pure tank.

I'm hitting 400k now so I see no problems with shooting for 9000-9500 life to achieve that defense I want. My build didn't become popular because it does a lot of damage, it became popular because he is nearly invincible using minimum tricks. After 3 years I watched a hundred skills get nerfed or changed hard enough by GGG to know that nothing lasts in this game except my build because the dude is so simple. High life, leech, attack. Not a lot to nerf there. You want to go cookie-cutter then that's all good.

Cleave has its pros and cons. It's just really lame mostly. Soup tested it and said it was ok, better in some ways and worse in others but that ultimately it was boring and uninspiring, abandoning testing.

As for swords, do whatever you want lol. No one reallllllllly listens anyway. 1400 hours with one character just isn't enough to be heard lol. I can admit that my swords may not have been as epic as yours but in my gut I know axes offer the highest survivability which is the true center of my build. DPS is just this newly added bonus that GGG shot over as a thanks for my efforts.

I have incorporated Might and Influence into my setup so you should all try that soon with Belly+Rare helm to gain an extra gem slot. You can still use Bringer of Rain, but I think Belly is going to be a keeper. Losing 26% block from BoR isn't awesome but I have not died at all yet in 35 hours of testing t15 and t16 corrupt maps. It's nice to see bosses melt in 2-5 seconds lol. True test will be Uber Atziri and Shaper.

Thanks dude, that takes care of my questions. I will stick with swords, but def will do DS with the DS gem if you say it works well enough for AOE.

I have been playing POE since Jan '13 and had my crit sword guide updated almost all the time since then, but yours is the only build that has convinced me to ditch crit and do RT. Literally 4 years, so my hat is off to you, sir. Also, crit flicker with Terminus Est is my alt build to satisfy my crit cravings.

"
roguemjb wrote:
"
You're missing the point of my build though, to stand still, get attacked, laugh it off and win anyway. I hear this all the time and it gets old after three years: HP/ES-focused builds do less damage. Duh! It is the tradeoff people like me want to go for. 12 years of diablo 2 plus 3 years of this, excluding Baldur's Gate, Champions of Norrath etc and eventually people like me come back to the same conclusion- Nothing beats pure tank.

I'm hitting 400k now so I see no problems with shooting for 9000-9500 life to achieve that defense I want. My build didn't become popular because it does a lot of damage, it became popular because he is nearly invincible using minimum tricks. After 3 years I watched a hundred skills get nerfed or changed hard enough by GGG to know that nothing lasts in this game except my build because the dude is so simple. High life, leech, attack. Not a lot to nerf there. You want to go cookie-cutter then that's all good.

Cleave has its pros and cons. It's just really lame mostly. Soup tested it and said it was ok, better in some ways and worse in others but that ultimately it was boring and uninspiring, abandoning testing.

As for swords, do whatever you want lol. No one reallllllllly listens anyway. 1400 hours with one character just isn't enough to be heard lol. I can admit that my swords may not have been as epic as yours but in my gut I know axes offer the highest survivability which is the true center of my build. DPS is just this newly added bonus that GGG shot over as a thanks for my efforts.

I have incorporated Might and Influence into my setup so you should all try that soon with Belly+Rare helm to gain an extra gem slot. You can still use Bringer of Rain, but I think Belly is going to be a keeper. Losing 26% block from BoR isn't awesome but I have not died at all yet in 35 hours of testing t15 and t16 corrupt maps. It's nice to see bosses melt in 2-5 seconds lol. True test will be Uber Atziri and Shaper.

Thanks dude, that takes care of my questions. I will stick with swords, but def will do DS with the DS gem if you say it works well enough for AOE.

I have been playing POE since Jan '13 and had my crit sword guide updated almost all the time since then, but yours is the only build that has convinced me to ditch crit and do RT. Literally 4 years, so my hat is off to you, sir. Also, crit flicker with Terminus Est is my alt build to satisfy my crit cravings.

haha keep your hat on bro, just doin' what I love... killing sh*t by the thousands
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
bacon poo!
Ok so im fairly new to the game and have only done a 78% block gladiator and a SRS necromancer. Now what i don't understand is why litteraly 0 chaos resist on items? Isn't that super risky. Due to getting 1 shotted ( particularly lvls 50-70). How to avoid being 1 hit at those levels. I've capped all other resists and atm im on merciless. Currently at 3.5k hp ( lvl 63 ) just wondering what to do about it in the future.
"
Stex92 wrote:
Ok so im fairly new to the game and have only done a 78% block gladiator and a SRS necromancer. Now what i don't understand is why litteraly 0 chaos resist on items? Isn't that super risky. Due to getting 1 shotted ( particularly lvls 50-70). How to avoid being 1 hit at those levels. I've capped all other resists and atm im on merciless. Currently at 3.5k hp ( lvl 63 ) just wondering what to do about it in the future.

Nope, not risky at all. I'm at -60% chaos res and so is everyone else using my build. If my dual striker does not get 1-hit killed he simply does not die, and no enemy is doing remotely close to that kind of damage.

You're new, so I'll say watch my videos and read my guide. It's all in derrr. Your entire bar of life can be leeched instantly. Soup has reached over 9000 life and still even under uber trio corrupted blood can instantly leech all life back from 1 life to 9k thanks to the amount of attacks the dual striker has per second combined with leech. I myself am at 18 attacks per second!! It's just so fast it's like a running faucet of mobile blood transfusions of leech awesomeness.

You'll enjoy the videos anyway. No one watches the videos haha.

Melee Splash is no longer needed with the new Might and Influence gem for my dual striker. I am now past 400k DPS and Soup has reached 9500 life with belly of beast armor rather than bringer of rain. Both armor/helm are great options. Build is fully shaper murdererererable
Just got this drop last night.

I'm loving the extra stats it brings and life leech.

So far I tried to balance my element resist. Trying to figure out if resist even worth it or not, in favor for more health and damage.
My current lvl 91 gear
Spoiler

Someone here posted he was using frost blade, and I took the idea. It's pretty good for clear speed. I still carry dual strike with Might and Influence jewel. So I can switch it for map bosses and other high hp target.
Regarding your gear, this is tough to just flat answer since everyone's rares will pan out a little differently to form a "whole" that works for your dude.

-Ventor's Gamble is crap. Get a ring with life, res, needed stats, and as much added damage as you can muster
-5L Belly is NOT superior to a legacy legacy legacy (lol) Bringer of Rain. Block is better than a couple hundred life if you are not managing max res in high tier maps and do not already have a life pool beyond 7500. Furthermore, if you are struggling for DPS then the BoR is superior for clear speed and leech effectiveness. you can safely trade out BoR when you are really pimping some high end gear at least capable of killing Uber Trio 100% of the time
-Your biggest source of damage is one epic rare axe and a legacy legacy ?legacy? Soul Taker lol so many legacy versions, you want the oldest legacy of course, same with BoR
-I might even argue that a 6L Belly may not be fully T16 Tankable viable unless you are pretty close to my gear. When I equipped Belly I noticed I was taking a whole f*ck-ton more damage but my pool of health combined with leech made it inconsequential. Even still, I have reservations with Uber Trio which I have not tested yet. Shaper and Uber Atziri seem like they would also give me some pause with less block. As I wrote on the guide, belly is not tried and true yet.
-Axes man, glad to see some axes. So many keep doing swords. Uhg! Makes me wonder why I write anything at all on these threads
-Those gloves need APS and leech for survivability. Remember APS isn't #1 for DPS, it's #1 for leech. Less APS is far more noticeable when lost in moderate percentages than losing block. I'd even argue it is almost as important as high health pool.
-Voidheart Ring is expensive, but it is at the core of my build. No voidheart means you are never going to reach a good endgame and I guarantee Uber Atziri and Shaper will be 100% impossible without it.

As you progress and start reaching true end-game gear with a Dual Strike setup like mine and Soup's all monsters then just begin insta-dying in whole packs even on t16 corrupted maps with mods like enemies have 35% more health, enfeeble on you, res on monsters, etc etc. And I mean entire mobs of blues with yellows with increased pack size and so many corrupted mods on the map you have to increase your monitors resolution just to read all the text glitching off your screen hahaha. I ran a double boss Abyss with mods like those and just melted everything. Abyss bosses still died in 3 or seconds each.

No worries though, you'll get there and switching skill gems and gear for this or that enemy/mod-weakness/map-boss/etc will be a thing of the past. You won't even regard defenses that other builds use and depend on like block or regeneration etc because unless you get 1-shot it's impossible to kill you. Even Uber Trio's corrupted blood is laughable. You won't even notice you're bleeding 4k life per second until they drop dead and you have nothing to leech on anymore lol it's funny you're more like to die when enemies are not around and you're walking through poison mist or fire hahaha the best way to kill my dual striker is to send no enemies at all hahahahaha

When you reach like 7k life or more then you pretty much become unkillable and nuke whole mobs and don't even read map mods anymore.

I just take a t15-16 and chisel+alch+corrupt it and run it without even reading unless I know the boss can do one-shots lol. Only maps I check on occasion is t14 Palace with vulnerability (since Dom's fist of god does like 14k or something ridiculously untankable lol), Guardian maps I don't read much but check for stuff like Vulnerability too since a crit on one of their power attacks can one-shot anyone under 20k health lol but that's about it. Core Malacahi I don't even read even for corrupted double boss. Only his first stage hammer slam whatever can one shot me regardless of mods so I just avoid that then tank the rest of the fight but that does like 20k or something silly.

Shaper and Uber Atziri will soon be the only enemies that test your skillzzz but they are about as fair to fight my slow moving melee character as slavery was for those who value freedom lol. GGG has always been the type to make cheap mechanics rather than real difficulty but I guess that goes with games like these which push percentiles of stats and gear to git guuud rather than skillz. I suppose if you want to feel like you're skillful at the game then the ranger is the class you'd want since you can die from pretty much a fart in the breeze if you don't dodge lol

Glad to see your patronage!
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on May 5, 2017, 11:40:57 AM
So if i have say 5L belly of the beast ( actually got 2 trying to get 6 link on the spare one ). Should i just drop the melee splash and add the faster attacks support instead. If i used that viridian jewel. It was quite cheap though.
So before stumbling upon this thread, I had the idea of a Dual Striker based on a 6L Cospri's Will to poison enemies. It would use Blasphemy Warlord's Mark as the first aura for leech and endurance charges, and maybe Enfeeble as the second aura, to make the loss of HP on the chest piece a little more bearable at least and prevent some of the oneshots (at least in theory).
Heavy evasion and Leech contradict each other though, so I was thinking about picking up Iron Reflexes.
One problem I see with this is the aforementioned loss of a lot of HP from Belly/BoR. The enfeeble helps but I'm not sure how much this will prevent being oneshot in reality.

I was also thinking about a different class because Marauders are super bulky and usually aren't the super fast blenders type of dudes and, at least for me, immersion and character aesthetics are fun. And, if I remember correctly, the build is all about fun, right?

So I was thinking about Duelist. But I already extensively played Duelist with Flicker Strike.

So I was thinking about Ranger and especially the Raider. Lotsa Frenzy charges equals lotsa speed. It offers some defense mechanism as well. But with Iron Reflexes, a huge part of the Raider's skillset becomes useless.

So I was thinking about Assassin because of Toxic Delivery. MMh juicy damage potential right there, plus it frees up the ring slot (also Abyssus..). Problem: Then the build needs to incorporate Crit as well in order to no waste half the Ascendancy. Even more damage, but I strongly suspect there aren't enough skillpoints in the game to invest in HP, Crit, Damage, AND Accuracy.

What do you think?

P.S. Also I literally only just now learned about the Kingmaker. WTF.
ign: PhrozenFlame
Last edited by cocomoloco on May 5, 2017, 11:45:19 AM
"
Stex92 wrote:
So if i have say 5L belly of the beast ( actually got 2 trying to get 6 link on the spare one ). Should i just drop the melee splash and add the faster attacks support instead. If i used that viridian jewel. It was quite cheap though.

Oh man, like this

5L:
-Dual strike
-FASTER ATTACKS WITHOUT QUESTION
-Melee Phys Damage
-Multistrike
-Bloodlust

6L
-Dual strike
-FASTER ATTACKS WITHOUT QUESTION
-Melee Phys Damage
-Multistrike
-Bloodlust
-Melee Damage on Full Life

Use Might and Influence Jewel in all instances as I believe even if I were to go with BoR over Belly 6L that Melee Splash is working fine with the jewel so no need for it every again unless GGG modifies M & I jewel negatively.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info