3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

few days ago i was dropped legacy BoR and decided to try dual strike with new jewel
gear
Spoiler

6.5к hp 68/27 block without flask
160k dps with bloodlust 210k with phy damage at full life + fire damage
t16 done but anyway dps too low vs meta builds(with molten strike bf or bv bers t16 and shaper killed more faster)

tree

i think rare helmet+belly more playable coz its more survivality and blind support at BoR dont work with kaom boots(1 more reason switch to belly) and i need more slots for gems and with belly can use enlighten 4 = we dont need to use soultaker and pick second high dps axe

later i do it and shall write about sensations)
Last edited by iamalloveryou on Apr 29, 2017, 4:02:21 AM
I've heard this multiple times, but it's totally wrong. With Bringer of Rain you gain 15% block and the life works out almost exactly the same or better. Bearing in mind endurance charges and DPS gains with the helm also.

When you do my guy as I do him and Soup does him at least in the end come lv90+ a belly is not gain, it's loss. When I equip belly I lose a couple hundred life even with rare high life helms or unique helms. I gave up on belly long before Soup even killed Uber Atziri. He ran with Belly and Alpha but said it sucked. Then proceeded to kill Uber and Shaper with BoR lol
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Apr 29, 2017, 7:22:51 AM
"
I've heard this multiple times, but it's totally wrong. With Bringer of Rain you gain 15% block and the life works out almost exactly the same or better. Bearing in mind endurance charges and DPS gains with the helm also.

When you do my guy as I do him and Soup does him at least in the end come lv90+ a belly is not gain, it's loss. When I equip belly I lose a couple hundred life even with rare high life helms or unique helms. I gave up on belly long before Soup even killed Uber Atziri. He ran with Belly and Alpha but said it sucked. Then proceeded to kill Uber and Shaper with BoR lol

hmm 6470 with BoR
6950 belly 40%+rare helmet with 120 hp
will rework tree and see dps and hp changes
Last edited by iamalloveryou on Apr 29, 2017, 7:45:22 AM
Hey, looks like a pretty fun and strong build, gonna make this as my next character now, thanks :)

EDIT: Lmao thought so until i read that u need hundreds of exa worth of gear to do Shaper, yeah no thanks :p Still sounds like a cool build though.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Apr 29, 2017, 1:29:57 PM
"
iamalloveryou wrote:
"

hmm 6470 with BoR
6950 belly 40%+rare helmet with 120 hp
will rework tree and see dps and hp changes

Affecting the tree WILL positively or negatively affect both BoR and Belly's offered health. I've noticed raw +(y amounts) to max life is more effective than going full bore % to max life. You need a balance so the percentiles can affect the base life more effectively. A high percent by itself with low base life can be less effective. I think that is where belly may be affect toward high, high level and the raw life offered on BoR shines a couple hundred life more.

Bear in mind your gear is different in subtle ways. It's been over a year since I tested health differences in belly vs BoR. If you do find that it helps you, I wanna know. My build needs all the health it can get and your math efforts def save me a lot of tedious time.

If you gain a good wad of health from belly, link me all equipped gear including jewels so I can see what factors are at work to pin down how to also get your benefits. Other people have told me also that BoR was superior for health, and Soup has experienced both over the year but concluded BoR was superior as we worked on our dual striker. Maybe it's time to test again.

In the meanwhile, I wanna test the new might ring. It seems realllllllllllly cool. A ring that offers melee splash on it can free up a gem slot and oh man, the deeeeeeeeepz! Might be worth losing a little health over because Shaper is a time consuming fight and Uber is much easier now with my build with the higher dps since GGG buffed dual strike for my build. Let's see!
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Apr 30, 2017, 6:50:26 AM
was try ur tree(one change add 3 points for charisma) have 8k hp, 180k dps with bloodlust t16 without problems like first try with 68/27 block but hard vs shaper died 3 time..need more dps and RT cant give it(
gear
Spoiler

stats

Now i have idea try crit dual strike with abyssus or mb starkonja+reworked marylene fallacy think good attack speed, crit flask, romira ring and ideally ench for helmet 90% crit chance will refund 40% less critical strike chance

UPD2
gear
Spoiler

7k hp 350k dps at ho with 1 aura good survivality(if change axes to good swords it must be rly nice dps)video t16https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cwBpoikuyY
thats end i go ice spear bers now gl guys)
Last edited by iamalloveryou on May 1, 2017, 10:45:57 AM
I can confirm that Bringer of Rain "can" be effectively replaced with a 6L Belly of the Beast.

Belly of Beast with Epic Rare Helm:
Gained:
-400 life, hitting 8k (soup hits over 9500)
-4 slots from helm
-more flexibility with gloves leap slam config

Lost:
-26% block
-endurance charges on block
-some DPS, but it's mostly minor

My configuration:

I am able to gain Culling automatically now for those horrible mobs and boss fights to trigger automatically with Vengeance and I can cast Warchief to more manually have culling. This will be great against Shaper and Uber Atziri. I have also confirmed that Vengeance can still trigger against spell hits, making this extremely useful against Shaper and Uber Atziri come end of the fight (uhg, worst part ever! Hurry up and die!!!)

Leap slam is now capable of giving me endurance charges at least when I stun. So while BoR would give charges on block (was at 75% block now at 54%) which is still effective in boss fights, in fights against Uber Atziri and Shaper our chances to spell block are much, much lower and since they almost entirely cast spells I don't feel like I've lost much. Immortal Call can still trigger pretty often. IC is most important I believe against melee attackers like Uber Trio so I can still pound on them or their summoned minions for charges. The rest of the time I'm not too too worried. Guardians have never been much of a threat and avoiding one-shot mechanics still applies so whatever.

With this newly added health pool and resistances, I am now free to also implement the new Might ring!!!!

I'm back in the saddle guys!

~Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on May 1, 2017, 11:39:35 AM
Testing Might and Influence jewel for dual strike. So far melee splash is fully utilized. Did t15 Abyss corrupt double boss takedown in like 10 seconds. Will post video. 4K video takes a while to upload.

DPS increased in tooltip from 94k to 137k so the jewel allowing me to add in a gem in the stead of Melee Splash seems to be a tremendous DPS boost.

I am undecided if Melee Damage on Full Life is more effective than Fortify in Dual Strike setup. Killing rate in mobs seems to be the same. MDoFL is erratic boost. Fortify for some reason says 98k on tooltip. MDoFL says 137k.

In Abyss video I used MDoFL. newbed the bosses lol.

squirt a poo
New video posted showing off new double DPS for Umbra & Soup Dual Striker
2x boss Abyss corrupted

Not meant to be a hard map, just high health bosses to show off deepz
~Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on May 2, 2017, 5:59:57 AM