3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

"
plasticeyes wrote:
"
ExxelPacific wrote:
Ok so, I've been following this guide and I love it! Except for the part where I don't really have enough currency to do really anything. I'm currently level 81 and dying in tier 6 maps, now this may be just cause I plain suck. But considering you also predicted around level 85 getting one shotted more, I am going to attribute it to my lack of good gear. So what do I do? My budget right now is probably like less than 1 ex, and I am not really doing well with getting more currency. Should I do another build to get more currency for this one? Basically I'm sick of dying, but I love this build so much!!

i leveled this build and it totally lives up to what the guide says.

you must supply more information to get some help. what is your life ? link your weapons and gear.

here's what i found when i got to 81 and started running t5/t6 (well actually i started at about 77).

- you need > 4k health. i was at 3.1k health for a while in the 70s, and i was actually having some trouble.
- bringer of rain is a big help! the extra life and the extra flat damage are huge! it will boost your overall life and your damage so you can leech more.
- you need good weapons. if you are not at 250+ dps on the weapons you don't do enough damage to get sufficient leech to keep you alive.
- the basalt and granite flasks are important. you need to mitigate the big hits to make sure you don't die before you can leech back
- you need a potion with heat suffix ! just getting chilled can lower your attack speed such that you can't leech enough to keep you going. and if you get frozen you're dead. many mobs can get simultaneous damage with cold or the map mod might be +cold damage and big hits can actually freeze you !
- one of your life potions should be seething to help you out if things get ugly
- you must have a staunching potion if you have vaal pact (and even if you don't). when you have vaal pact you have no regen, and DoTs can be a problem.

be careful as to when you take vaal pact. once you take it you have no regen and you can easily die from a DoT you don't notice or corrupting blood. i took war bringer as my ascendancy because recovering 25% of your life on a warcry is really, really great to keep you from stupid deaths from a puncture or something.

so with 4.1k life, soul taker, and jack the axe (use leap slam to get bleed or warchief ) and bloodlust linked to your BoR do great damage. you absolutely do not need soul taker at level 80 to get those maps done. i just got it because i had enough chaos, but i was doing fine with 290dps axe and without running AA.

i'm clearing t6s and facetanking all the way, even those nasty bosses in canyon that do all that chaos damage and DoT

hope this helps.

This helps a bunch thank you! I really don't have any of that stuff, so I'm going to look into it and see what changes I can make. Right now I only have around 3800 health, I can't link anything cause control keys don't work (go figure).
why dual strike Not magic?
"
a0963212214 wrote:

Because face punching is more satisfying than throwing fireballs for some people. The OP actually has a section of the guide about this.
"
stueyman2099 wrote:
"
a0963212214 wrote:

Because face punching is more satisfying than throwing fireballs for some people. The OP actually has a section of the guide about this.

The most explanation he gives is that Dual Strike feels the most manly, hardly an explanation. I would be curious on actual dps of Dual Strike and Splash vs Cleave or Blade Flurry. I hate Blade Flurry, so I understand op there (standing there casting not even swinging), but Cleave seems more fun and has a better aoe, and you gain a socket for either Fortify or Added Fire.
Last edited by roguemjb on Mar 31, 2017, 1:46:00 AM
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
stueyman2099 wrote:
"
a0963212214 wrote:

The most explanation he gives is that Dual Strike feels the most manly, hardly an explanation. I would be curious on actual dps of Dual Strike and Splash vs Cleave or Blade Flurry. I hate Blade Flurry, so I understand op there (standing there casting not even swinging), but Cleave seems more fun and has a better aoe, and you gain a socket for either Fortify or Added Fire.

well there are other questions about the build too, that can only be answered by trying things out :

is non-legacy BoR really better than 6L ? I think that legacy BoR is definitely better. the gem level, exta life etc.. but a nerfed BoR ? it's not obvious. what it does do is give you a really solid build without having to put together 1000 fuses to 6L your own armour.

also are you really better with soul taker rather than another GG axe ? the recent buff makes soultaker a lot more reasonable, but prior to that i'd say being able to run an AA was not worth it.

the end goal of th OP's build is legacy BoR and legacy soul taker. not so obvious for non-legacy items.

nevertheless the build is solid and lot of fun !
So, I've been playing this a little while now. Is there a reason we aren't running melee damage on full life? I'm reasonably certain I'm either at full hp or dead 99% of the time.
I was about to ask why not cleave over dual strike because you would get more damage and it seems just as fun to play, but then i read the last question of your FAQ.
"
iPulsar wrote:
I was about to ask why not cleave over dual strike because you would get more damage and it seems just as fun to play, but then i read the last question of your FAQ.

Again, all he says is 'Other skills were slow or boring or limited and didn't make me feel strong and also wouldn't let me tank.' Not really an explanation. I feel like he wrote that ages ago before he was attacking 13 times a second, because Cleave attacks just as fast. It also has AoE built in and you have the option now of using the Cleave unique jewel for free fortify.
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
iPulsar wrote:

Again, all he says is 'Other skills were slow or boring or limited and didn't make me feel strong and also wouldn't let me tank.' Not really an explanation. I feel like he wrote that ages ago before he was attacking 13 times a second, because Cleave attacks just as fast. It also has AoE built in and you have the option now of using the Cleave unique jewel for free fortify.

I was also thinking with cleave he could completely get rid of melee splash and just swap in another damage gem. Just as you said, it would be stronger than dual strike, it would be just as fast and it's not "limited". Fun is subjective, but i feel like it would be more enjoyable to play too. Also he would be able to tank just as well if not better because he would be leeching more because he would be doing more damage. Which is why I'm doing a similar build just with cleave
"
iPulsar wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
iPulsar wrote:

I was also thinking with cleave he could completely get rid of melee splash and just swap in another damage gem. Just as you said, it would be stronger than dual strike, it would be just as fast and it's not "limited". Fun is subjective, but i feel like it would be more enjoyable to play too. Also he would be able to tank just as well if not better because he would be leeching more because he would be doing more damage. Which is why I'm doing a similar build just with cleave

it really becomes a completely different build at that point. now you don't need two weapons, so you might as well use a shield and go with a block build.

however, i'm fairly tempted to try using cleave. i find that my damage is really starting to fall off. your tanky as heck because you can out-leech just about anything (although be careful of that quay boss and the stupid after-death blast rain), but the fact is that it's taking some time to kill t10 bosses.

the problem of course, is that non-legacy soul taker is not doing that great a damage.
i'm going to buy myself another 350+ dps axe and try running with that instead of soultaker and without arctic armour.

the fact is that dual wield should be much better that cleave. "should" be. after all if you are dual wielding 350dps axes, you're effective damage is 700dps.

so ... something's not quite right. i'm finding bosses are taking a bit long to kill and i'm only, as a isaid, in t10s. also this is not a meta build. in groups just about every other build is doing better damage.

ST/dreamfeather , freezing pulse(!), any bow build, all clear maps much faster than this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info