3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

"
ixandstones wrote:
Hello Soup

been implementing your changes and it feels better already.

I have two questions about the build.

1) Seeing how fast and often you attack, is resolute technique really important?

2) I've been looking at the passive tree, and since I'm not really finding the really good jewels I want, I tweaked it a little and wanted your opinion on this alternate below:

www.poeurl.com/3Of

Little more %max life, little less +life, more damage, 1 less jewel slot. I know this type of difference can be made up with gear/jewels, but wanted to pick your brain about it. If I could drop resolute technique I could do more damage, life and speed.

Thanks for any feedback

Hello
1)resolute technique is important. it is not very notable on white mobs, but when you fight with boss which has 7-8k evasion, no one damage node can compensate misses. also next attack after savage hit taken is a life saver, you can not afford miss.
2) your skill tree does not include bandit quests. usually jewel with 3 mods has more useful stats than you can get from other 3 passive points (mainly because %life). making level 100 skill tree is very optimistic, try to start from level 95, then add/optimize nodes as you feel. most players want more life at high levels, they skip damage nodes to reach 8k. i think level 95 skill tree in guide is good optimized. fangs of the viper is good option for 1 point, but in case i want to invest more points in damage, i would like to look at splitting strikes and build skill tree around this node. www.poeurl.com/3P1
Last edited by triwesterki on Feb 22, 2017, 4:37:40 PM
"
triwesterki wrote:

1)resolute technique is important. it is not very notable on white mobs, but when you fight with boss which has 7-8k evasion, no one damage node can compensate misses. also next attack after savage hit taken is a life saver, you can not afford miss.
2) your skill tree does not include bandit quests. usually jewel with 3 mods has more useful stats than you can get from other 3 passive points (mainly because %life). making level 100 skill tree is very optimistic, try to start from level 95, then add/optimize nodes as you feel. most players want more life at high levels, they skip damage nodes to reach 8k. i think level 95 skill tree in guide is good optimized. fangs of the viper is good option for 1 point, but in case i want to invest more points in damage, i would like to look at splitting strikes and build skill tree around this node.

Ty will keep resolute technique. Yes level 100 tree is definitely a 'goal' not a reality anytime soon.

Is my math off for bandits? I don't quite see how those rewards are better than a full skill point when they can allow you to reach a key node.

For jewels, I'd love to have six jewels with 7% life, 16% phys damage, 8% speed but I can't seem to find them. So the ones I have are a hodgepodge of things and not always better then you count the three points needed to reach them (If I can grab close by major nodes).

Ty so much for the reply, your suggestions always help me learn more about the game and how to think when looking at the skill tree. Really appreciate it.
Hey man, big question.

Since I can't afford a 18/18/18 200+ life Bringer of Rain, does it make more sense to get a 6L chest with 90+ life, 2xResist and 1.2k Armor? Also, the Brine Crown Helm with 800 armor while stationary bonus could help alot while doing bosses with huge life pool yes? The bonus does activate while I'm attacking at a spot right?
Hey man, big question.

Since I can't afford a 18/18/18 200+ life Bringer of Rain, does it make more sense to get a 6L chest with 90+ life, 2xResist and 1.2k Armor? Also, the Brine Crown Helm with 800 armor while stationary bonus could help alot while doing bosses with huge life pool yes? The bonus does activate while I'm attacking at a spot right?
Hey.
not a lot, even non legacy bringer provides 150 life and ~same damage as 6 link with 20/20 gems. yes, that armour bonus works, but 3-5k armour does not help against one shots, physical mitigation works on formula, highest damage almost fully ignores armour rating. small hits are not dangerous at all as you get 10+ aps and leech back instantly. armour starts to work if your rating is around 10k. so i think investments into life have more useful effect. that's why i recommend belly. 6link rare body is ok option, but armour is not your main aim, ok if it has just 90+ life and resistances. same about helm, i can't say one helm is best in slot, i saw players use starkonja, formless inferno(9K+ armour with this one), or rare with life and resistances. cool if you will find helm with dual strike enchant.
"
ixandstones wrote:

Ty will keep resolute technique. Yes level 100 tree is definitely a 'goal' not a reality anytime soon.

Is my math off for bandits? I don't quite see how those rewards are better than a full skill point when they can allow you to reach a key node.

For jewels, I'd love to have six jewels with 7% life, 16% phys damage, 8% speed but I can't seem to find them. So the ones I have are a hodgepodge of things and not always better then you count the three points needed to reach them (If I can grab close by major nodes).

Ty so much for the reply, your suggestions always help me learn more about the game and how to think when looking at the skill tree. Really appreciate it.

on level 100 +40 life equals ~7.5% life, average life node =5%. average attack speed node ~4%. bandit rewards are better than average nodes. key nodes are better, choice depends on skill tree options.
16% damage with axes is max roll on prefix, life (7%) and attack speed with axes(8%) are prefixes so. jewels can have 2prefixes and 2 suffixes. you need to look for "attack speed"(5% max) and "attack and cast speed" (4% max) suffixes, or damage combinations ("damage"+" melee damage"). but it is jewel with 4 affixes, that very rare and expensive.
Last edited by triwesterki on Feb 23, 2017, 7:25:58 PM
"
triwesterki wrote:

on level 100 +40 life equals ~7.5% life, average life node =5%. average attack speed node ~4%. bandit rewards are better than average nodes. key nodes are better, choice depends on skill tree options.
16% damage with axes is max roll on prefix, life (7%) and attack speed with axes(8%) are prefixes so. jewels can have 2prefixes and 2 suffixes. you need to look for "attack speed"(5% max) and "attack and cast speed" (4% max) suffixes, or damage combinations ("damage"+" melee damage"). but it is jewel with 4 affixes, that very rare and expensive.

Wow I didnt know that about the +40 life. how does that measly +40 equal to 7.5% 40*230%= 92 life so 132 total life. Out of 8000 or something is less than 2%. Thats how I thought it worked. I must be wrong. I'd love to know how that works so I make better choices.

THanks for the jewel info. Did not know that. Will look into that to get better jewels. thank you so much for the help!
total life= base life* (increased % life+1)
+40 is 2% of total life, but correctly to compose formula
(base life+40)*life multiplier=base life*(life multiplier+x),
where life multiplier=increased life+1,
40*life multiplier=x* base life
x=40*life multiplier/base life
right number for my character is 6.6%
Last edited by triwesterki on Feb 25, 2017, 4:37:21 PM
Hey man,

I have been thinking about experimenting with some sort of hybrid phys/chaos dmg using this build. Therefore talent tree would look something like this: www.poeurl.com/4lO (just minor changes, picking up Method of the Madness and dropping one jewel at the bottom of marauder/duelist area along with one +5% life node). Instead of using Bringer of Rain I would use Alpha's Howl socketed with auras + Belly of the Beast. I would drop Soul Taker (as I would have enough mana to cast abilities) and equip some crafted rare siege axe using Essence of Delirium. Do you think it would be viable ?
Hey
no, because decay does not stack. so, it's 1-2k additional dps, when 300pdps soul taker deals about 30k. hybrids are good only if you can convert damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info