3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

Hey guys i just wanted to show my dual striker from BHC. I got inspired by this build and wanted to make something around the same mechanics, but scaling poison was too expensive.

Instead i used 2x HOWA and scaled int/lightning damage instead :D

Items

with good gear it should end up with 260k DPS before conductivity (375k with) and 8k HP, and because i get so much int i can run dual strike off mana with no problem. i also dont use RT as i wouldnt be able to get EE, which means accuracy on gear is required.

I unfortunately died with it last night as i reached mid tier maps, because the game crashed. My stats atm are: 140k DPS (200k with curse) at 9.4 APS and 6k hp.
Colorblind? - Check out the Unofficial colourblind mode!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147271
Last edited by Priory on Dec 30, 2016, 5:11:04 AM
hey, thank you for sharing. i'm glad this guide inspires to play and test something new.
probably you don't fully understand all dual striker mechanics, because i don't understand why you did not take some nodes and take other
1. if you play namelocking skill you have 3 options to increase aoe: increase weapon range+ herald+ melee splash 20 quality. as i know, amplify and blast rasius do not affect on initial hit. this nodes are useless for dual strike.
2. unwavering. stun kills every player, and every player should solve stun problem, especially as melee character.
3. cloaked in savagery is core node of dual striker. this node saves my life in every battle.

your dps calculations do not consider resistance. average monster has 30% lightning resistance, and bosses have 60% less curse effect.
Not sure if my luck is just terrible or what is happening. I bought my Voidheart with 48% chance to cause bleed yet almost every boss I Leap Slam takes anywhere from 5 to infinite leaps to apply bleed and it seems almost useless for me to use it because I'm relying on a 50/50 chance and only getting 1 every 7+ leaps on normal monsters. Often times I can kill the monster faster when not trying to roll the bleed chance.

EDIT: NVM I've stopped trying to force it to proc bleed and if it bleeds when I leap in, cool, if it doesn't i just sit around and hope vengeance applies the bleed.
Last edited by Vumol on Dec 30, 2016, 10:58:26 AM
haha, cool. because i've already started to remember the theory of probability.
anyway i want to add that with 330 pdps axe i have 90k+ dps in tooltip, i think it's enough to kill whites when chance to cause bleeding does not proc. and if you see boss or yellow monster use warchief. in theory chance to cause bleeding after leap slam and vengeance=73%, after totem attack, leap slam and vengeance=85%. if totem does about 5 attacks per second chance to cause bleeding after first second of fight=98.97%. calculated for 48% chance to cause bleed.
"
triwesterki wrote:
hey, thank you for sharing. i'm glad this guide inspires to play and test something new.
probably you don't fully understand all dual striker mechanics, because i don't understand why you did not take some nodes and take other
1. if you play namelocking skill you have 3 options to increase aoe: increase weapon range+ herald+ melee splash 20 quality. as i know, amplify and blast rasius do not affect on initial hit. this nodes are useless for dual strike.
2. unwavering. stun kills every player, and every player should solve stun problem, especially as melee character.
3. cloaked in savagery is core node of dual striker. this node saves my life in every battle.

your dps calculations do not consider resistance. average monster has 30% lightning resistance, and bosses have 60% less curse effect.

I died before i could finish the character, so there is still a few things missing such as the last ascendancy points and 20% quality melee splash. The area of effect radius of melee splash is 14 and is not affacted by weapon range. melee splash works by adding a second damage effect at the same time as the initial hit, in an area around the target. It is affacted by increased area of effect from the skill tree and of course the melee splash gem quality. You are right that the area damage nodes wont scale on the initial hit though.

The change in radius (20/20 melee splash) with the area nodes i picked up on the skill tree vs no area is:
No AOE: 14 * 1.1 * 1.19 = 18.32
with 30% aoe: 14 * 1.4 * 1.19 = 23.32
That is a quite big increase!

Don't really know about stuns. I get that the continuous attacking is the reasen for the sustain in the build, but i really doubt that it will be such a problem with a lifepool of 8k?

Colorblind? - Check out the Unofficial colourblind mode!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147271
if enemy stays out of my weapon range, i can not deal damage and melee splash does not work. as my weapon range higher, melee splash can proc in larger area. +5 is big increase, but it is for radius of your secondary damage, so i think it is not worth 6 points.

"
Don't really know about stuns. I get that the continuous attacking is the reasen for the sustain in the build, but i really doubt that it will be such a problem with a lifepool of 8k?

yes, namelock skill means face to face playstyle. just imagine t15 map with extra damage, shocking ground, vulnerability and you leap into pack of colossal bonestalkers http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Colossal_Bonestalker haha you will be dead without immune to stun. game has so many scenarios when you stay with 1 life after 1 hit, and you will be stunned after this hit.
Hello!

Awesome build. This is my first character ever in PoE and i just started Breach HC.

Can you give me some tips about the next gear improve i should aim for? I know that i need more All Ress so i can remove diamond skin.

I'm really poor right now (only 15 chaos), what's the best way to get currency with my gear level?

Thanks for this guide ;)
Hi guys.

Thank you for this build. I will switch to this build from Ancestral Warchief, because it sucks for end-game.

Can you talk about the breachlords with your build please ? Have someone tried ? Is it easy to access to lord's domain (versus seconds countdown) ?

Is a non-legacy BoR viable ? Or Belly 6L is mandatory ?

Thank you and happy new year !
Last edited by NemesoK on Dec 31, 2016, 9:31:09 AM
"
NemesoK wrote:
Hi guys.
Is a non-legacy BoR viable ? Or Belly 6L is mandatory ?

Thank you and happy new year !

Look at my items on Vloordar. Currently 20k dps tooltip. Non-legacy BoR is 100% viable and it will be your 1st go-to item. Belly 6l is good if you have perfect siege axe. Otherwise BoR is better option.
How do you kill Lycius in t13 with this build ?? Leech doesn't seem to work..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info