3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

I did not realize this about bloodseeker. Going to try that out... thank ya
"
Senglohu wrote:
Red tier elder done but i have some problems clearing in the second phase. :D
Congrats anyway, keep striking and tell us how it goes with Shaper, Uber Elder, etc.

"
Bigschwang wrote:
With the changes to the Berserker and Vaal Pact, how does this still fair?
Check my last posts on the Berserker/Rage/VP changes, talked a bit about why it is not a problem. I am currently playing a different build but will spec back into Dual Striker once I farmed a few hundred Guardian maps, then focus on bosses (Shaper/UE/UA/future encounters). Facetanking 100% of the Hydra fight felt so good and I already miss it a little bit.

Not sure about the non-Bloodseeker version after the VP changes as I switched right away but with Bloodseeker, the build fairs very well if you invest some effort in fine-tuning and embrace the face tanking (never edge mobs, always go full face, stay in fight as much as possible, use potions on CD to not waste clear speed, etc.). You can go non-Seeker I guess, but from what I've read here before you will have some running and kiting to do in between, which doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me. Bloodseeker is fairly cheap so I don't see a reason not to give it a try, then make a choice and fully commit to it. This build works best if you mentally embrace that you play a beast on the hunt for blood. No one is safe except you when you go full Wolverine on them.

Do not forget your potions, jewels and key bindings, they are as important as the gear you wear. I recommend to use a Panicked Eternal Life Flask of Staunching for the burst heal it provides along with bleed removal/immunity. I put mine on my space bar aka panic button so that I can use it with ease while drinking the other 4 potions all at once). Also consider to bind your auras to the F-keys or to hide them entirely, and rebind your swap weapons key if you have to so you never accidentally disable your auras in combat. When you fight the Beachhead boss, you can perma-use Vaal Haste and your totem, so bind them in a way that does not prevent you from attacking when you trigger them. Never run from stuff that looks dangerous but isn't, or you will die eventually.

Level 6 Dual Strikes (or whatever gems you need on level 21 or with 23% quality) at the same time, preferably in offhand weapons with all-white sockets so that you can always level 6 at once, otherwise you are sad if you only level 1-2 and brick your Vaal later on :p. I got mine for 15-20 Chaos each on Standard. When you have enough life and damage, get more IAS for better leeching. It does not matter if fights last a bit longer if you cannot die to bullshit because you heal back up rapidly. Also makes your Whirling Blades faster as it scales with attack speed instead of movement speed. High mobility is awesome and can increase uptime/DPS on the next pack/boss. If you ever consider getting a Headhunter for chill mapping and/or the luls, this becomes even more true.

"
PhreEkGarden wrote:
I did not realize this about bloodseeker. Going to try that out... thank ya
Enjoy!
Last edited by Friskor on Apr 14, 2018, 4:23:32 AM
Do most people use a Starkonjas head?
Can someone link a claw tree for this? I'm already doing it, I'm just curious as to what people are using compared to my build... thanks!
"
PhreEkGarden wrote:
Do most people use a Starkonjas head?
I don't think so, but you can certainly use it if you want to. Just make sure you have enough life and resistances and know that the crit doesn't benefit you. Personally I would recommend to go with a legacy Bringer of Rain or a rare helmet with tons of life and resist combined with a Belly of the Beast. Starkonja's is not the worst but BoR is stronger due to the Blind effect and the additional Block/Endurance charges which make you incredibly tanky. I actually felt a bit tankier with a Legacy BoR on 7.5k life than I did with Belly + rare helmet on 9.5k life in many situations because making mobs and bosses inaccurate combined with the improved blocking adds an insane defensive layer. However, there are situations where having more life is better, e. g. to survive hits from unblockable abilities that do deadly damage (Shaper Beam/Balls etc.) so it's a close call and up to your personal preference in the end. I tried both setups and they are equally engame viable.

"
PhreEkGarden wrote:
Can someone link a claw tree for this? I'm already doing it, I'm just curious as to what people are using compared to my build... thanks!
I am using Bloodseeker + Soul Taker with a dual wield specialization instead of supporting a specific weapon (PoB link is in my post 2 pages back). It works well because you have unlimited attacks and don't need a mana potion or mana-supporting gear or talent nodes while being able to have 3 auras active (2 + Herald). Let's take a look at the claw nodes. You don't need Soul Raker because you don't crit, and Claws of the Magpie alone should not be worth all the points required to go there, so I would perhaps consider going with Ambidexterity + Deadly Dilettante if you feel you absolutely want to use 2 claws. Use Path of Building so you can compare your damage/weapons before making the choice. If you have never tested the mana-free Soul Taker/tri-aura setup before, I highly recommend to give it a try though. Legacy Soul Taker is 200-300EX or more but a regular one will do just fine and is very affordable. Just search for 1.88 APS ones, then sort by DPS. Either way, good luck!
Last edited by Friskor on Apr 15, 2018, 3:36:23 AM
Well I don't use legacy items anyway, but yeah, i have over maxed resists with a starks and a 6 link belly.

I didn't think of using a non specific. I will check that out...

I only have 80 free mana and I have no issues with it because of leech, even at 15 APS.

I'm using Herald of ash, Hatred, and Arctic Armor, with a lvl 4 Enlighten. I just have to use bloodmagic on my whirling blades.

I've done this build a long time so I know the jist of it anyway, it just changed a lot since I last played is all. I will check out your non weapon specific build though. Sounds cool.
Well I find your link to the PoB... https://pastebin.com/JXuY0844

I am apparently a huge noob though and can't seem to find out how to import it. I thought I just copy pasted that link... apparently not.

Can someone explain what I am doing wrong, lol. I've usually just used poeplanner.com in the past.

Thanks

Edit: Nevermind. Someone helped me figure that out... lol. Looking at it now.
Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Apr 16, 2018, 7:09:43 PM
Just hit 7780 life, 375k dps, 16.8 APS. Is my DPS all that high? This is sheet damage in game not PoB. Thats flasks and everything going.
Guess I need to cramp this one out again next league or even this league. It wasn´t the fastest clear but it was crazy over the top living on the edge all the time.
Played a HC and a SC version and while the HC version died to Shaper (pre war for the atlas) it was one of the most intense and satisfying experiences in PoE. Pushed 22APS in the end I think and holy shit I sometimes were afraid I will break my character because the attack animation went completely to shit.
"
Testnewbie wrote:
Guess I need to cramp this one out again next league or even this league. It wasn´t the fastest clear but it was crazy over the top living on the edge all the time.
Played a HC and a SC version and while the HC version died to Shaper (pre war for the atlas) it was one of the most intense and satisfying experiences in PoE. Pushed 22APS in the end I think and holy shit I sometimes were afraid I will break my character because the attack animation went completely to shit.

How in the hell do you hit 22 APS?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info