3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

"
sqvirel wrote:
Mmm, still love this build!

One question tho, when I first played this there was only the axes option. Now that I return to this build, I see the swords option. Can you tell me what's the difference between the two? (I could check the forum posts but who has the time to check over 180 pages of comments...)

All I know is that the axe option, with Soul Taker, gives free skills, and that's it.

It really is a preference. As you said, Soul Taker has the insufficient mana doesn't prevent melee attacks benefit. Swords can go a bit higher on DPS if you get lucky or have the $$ to spend. Also swords can use Whirling Blades as a movement skill instead of Leap Slam. Obviously some passives are different but the end results are pretty close.

My experience so far is I like swords due to Whirling Blades. Leap Slam always feels clunky to me. Once you get dual 320ish pdps weapons, you're pretty golden. Plus the cost of 400+ pdps can be expensive.
"
xenear wrote:
Can y adaptive this build for 3.1 patch?

Nothing to really change. Only difference is no instant leech so you have to pay some attention and can't just power through most mob blasts any more.
One more question, and sorry for being a re-re, but I haven't found info in the guide as to actually WHICH gems to put into 4l BoR?
H1 guys in 3.1 legacy build kill all content?
"
sqvirel wrote:
One more question, and sorry for being a re-re, but I haven't found info in the guide as to actually WHICH gems to put into 4l BoR?

I've never used BoR for this build, but I would think something like: Dual Strike + Multistrike + Ruthless Blows + Bloodlust (or Brutality)

The guide doesn't spell it out with BoR (it used to) since I think it was ultimately determined sometime around 2016 that a nice rare helm + something like Belly (or nice rare body armour) is better overall.

You'll find some explanations in the "GEM SETUPS & DUAL STRIKER VARIANTS & EXPLANATIONS" spoiler. Then in the "Links by Rogue" spoiler there is a dual strike set up on the chest piece with some variant explanations under the armor spoilers.

There's a note in there for BoR as well, "If using Bringer of Rain, your sockets are very limited. If you use Bloodlust, you need Chance to Bleed on both totem and Leap Slam, everything else is extra. BoR is not worth the trouble unless it's literally cheaper than a good 5 link chest, or if it's legacy."

"
lonelysoul91 wrote:
H1 guys in 3.1 legacy build kill all content?

I haven't personally done it as I've been focusing on Abyss. Rogue stated a few pages back that he "Tested it on my 95 zerker in standard with new Vaal Pact, it is still viable, but you don't face tank as well as before. Killed Hydra and Core Malachai and a couple other red maps no problem, just not as mindlessly op as before."

So far in what I've tested, I've had no problem - couple of T13/T14 maps. Just as Rogue stated, you do have to start paying attention more without the instant leech. Before, as long as you had mobs to hit, you could stand through probably 99% of any effect/dot/secondary dmg/etc and come out alive due to how much and how fast we leech. Now, it takes some time for all the leech hps to come in. The build does give some mitigation beyond leech with 25% block chance (15% dual wield + 10% tree). With kaom's roots we get no evasion though. On the plus side with block, since kaom's gives us stun immunity, when we do block, there's no block recovery time so we can keep leeching.

Really, our biggest mitigation is killing mobs before they kill you with high aps and leech being the main factor in survival, but the extra block chance is nice too.
Hey guys, I have been playing flicker slayer mostly this league, since it's much stronger now. Just did another quick Carcass map run on my main VP Zerker, and it is super fun, I almost want to sell my flickerer and build a new vp zerker in Abyss league.

GGG has teased that they will balance ascendancies in 3.2, so cross your fingers and toes that Berserker gets the love it deserves after losing its main appeal in its VP synergy. Once they do, I will start a NEW guide, with a more concise layout, and focus more on swords with Cleave, but a Soul Taker and axe tree will be included as well.

Carcass vid just now, double boss fun times:
https://youtu.be/6UVLGJlbqzI
Last edited by roguemjb on Jan 5, 2018, 10:21:59 PM
I lack AOE clear speed. what can i do about that?
"
discoklaus86 wrote:
I lack AOE clear speed. what can i do about that?

Your tree and gear is pretty far off of recommended, are your resists capped? Have a look at my 95 zerker for reference.
Do I understand correctly that you would keep the endageme skilltree pretty much the same in 3.1 (except for vaal pact being in another place and weeker)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info