3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

Gear section is gone (most gems gone before anyway) leaving us to guess at some of the execution.
Looking for some gem input.

1. BoR 4L: Dual Strike, Melee SPlash, Multistrike, Added Fire (Fortify if I'm feeling lazy)
2. 3L: Hatred, Arctic Armor, Herald of Ash
3. 4L: CWDT, Immortal Call, Increased Duration, Warlord's Mark
4. 4L: Leap Slam, Fortify (or Melee Damage if I'm feeling lazy), Stun, Endurance on stun
5. 3L: unsure of what is best for this slot.

Prior to upgrading to BoR I used:
1: Vengeance, 3L misc
2: Riposte, 3L misc
Usually with a LGOH and/or mana leech. ALso Ancestral Protector and what ever gems I need to level.
Now I have to cut back on some gems and I'm undecided on what is best to keep.

Currently I have 30% block so Vengeance and Riposte have the same trigger chance, question is AoE vs Single target. I'm leaning toward Single Target for the last-mob-standing.

Would probably go like this for my 5th link slot:
3L: Riposte, Ancestral Protector, More Physical Melee Damage.

Are there better links I've not thought of?
How did you fill out your links after BoR but before your resist allow for Kaom's Roots?

Last edited by triwesterki on Aug 13, 2016, 11:13:37 PM
"
How did you fill out your links after BoR but before your resist allow for Kaom's Roots?

in additional 4link i used fortify-leap slam-faster attacks-ancestral protector/warchief(or endurance charge on melee stun), and cwdt-golem-molten shell in 3 link. but you can chose riposte or blood rage(before vaal pact) instead molten shell.
also i have not enough dexterity for riposte 20lvl, and i skipped this gem. so about haste, but i used 19lvl instead hatred in plateau rotations and some minus res+ ele reflect map mods.
"
Elashdruid wrote:

Gear section is gone (most gems gone before anyway) leaving us to guess at some of the execution.
Looking for some gem input.

1. BoR 4L: Dual Strike, Melee SPlash, Multistrike, Added Fire (Fortify if I'm feeling lazy)
2. 3L: Hatred, Arctic Armor, Herald of Ash
3. 4L: CWDT, Immortal Call, Increased Duration, Warlord's Mark
4. 4L: Leap Slam, Fortify (or Melee Damage if I'm feeling lazy), Stun, Endurance on stun
5. 3L: unsure of what is best for this slot.

Prior to upgrading to BoR I used:
1: Vengeance, 3L misc
2: Riposte, 3L misc
Usually with a LGOH and/or mana leech. ALso Ancestral Protector and what ever gems I need to level.
Now I have to cut back on some gems and I'm undecided on what is best to keep.

Currently I have 30% block so Vengeance and Riposte have the same trigger chance, question is AoE vs Single target. I'm leaning toward Single Target for the last-mob-standing.

Would probably go like this for my 5th link slot:
3L: Riposte, Ancestral Protector, More Physical Melee Damage.

Hey buddy, for early levels I had written pages and pages but they are gone along with links. I lack the ability to link in the forums now as many others are experiencing. I also lost 12 days of writing on top of the disappearing sections.

The best advice I can give is to follow the gem slots list you made bullets

1. good
2. good
3. Immortal call is no longer triggered by CWDT as of patch 2.0, the edits I made over the weeks were crushed from the error so that gem setup was changed but failed to apply the change. You can just toss it. Enduring cry functions excellently, perhaps better, since it gives 4% DR per charge so it's nice not to discharge them. If you left it there for casting Warlord's Mark then cool, that works too
4. I always used Riposte because I had 74/60 block

As for the rest of the gems, it's actually up to you. Zombiesoup has disappeared (life man, it sucks!) otherwise I'd ask him for his setup with ancestral protection. If you're facing Uber Atziri then it's moot.

Honestly, the core gems you listed were all that I used. The rest I just used for leveling gems. My dual striker survives all those awful GGG patches because he's so simple. Even with boots like Kaom's he still has tons of spare gem slots lol

I'll try to fix the entire dual striker page. Believe it. This guy is my pride.

@Umbra_the_Wolf
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Aug 14, 2016, 9:34:01 AM
Looks cool man. Is this build good for new league? I wanna try it.
It sure is! It's awesome for all leagues including hardcore
Are you going to challenge the four guardians and shaper himself?

Sure will eventually. I make videos of tanking all bosses for my video collection here
Hi, I have great interest to play ur build. But I have difficulty on my second weapon:

1) second soul taker

2) varunastra

3) not axe but better dps

I belived 2) is not ok because low aps.. but between 1) and 3) I do not know which one better.
THanks.

Soul Taker is a must, so it boils down to #1 with #2 or 3, choose 3. Both are pretty bad mainly because neither are axes. A lot of my damage nodes are axe specific, which will cause you to lose their benefits. I recommend scrubbing both and getting another 1 hand axe, preferably a siege axe. For now, the mace is much superior due to higher APS. APS is your life blood for this build, without it you won't be able to leech effectively = deadedededed

@Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Sep 12, 2016, 7:44:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info