[2.1] "Raikiri" Mjolner Budget Build - Life/Armor-based RT (No Voll's Required)

Welcome to my way of playing Mjolner in 2.1
You can also play this as Witch or Templar with almost exact same tree

Currently playing this on Tali-SC as a 74 Marauder and absolutely destroying content.
I have about 10k armor and 4.3k hp with semi-shitty filler rares to cap resists and get some life.
Mjolner oneshots large packs of mobs in T5 maps and below just by pressing once. If a rare mob is inside the pack while this goes on, it just usually straight up dies to the massive AoE damage, unless it's a high hp/lightning resistant rare.
Being in melee range to pull this off also isn't required, as I use Lightning Strike as my main trigger skill.

I take alot of life and armor to survive content that can actually get close, and havn't found much issue with any map boss yet that isn't chaos-based.

You can do this build on a roughly 3 ex budget, maybe even less.
Of course, the build is severely stronger with a Voll's Devotion, but it is absolutely not required to maintain high clearspeed, damage and survivability.

With the changes to mana costs on melee skills, you do not need to keep Molten Strike and Lightning Strike etc at low levels - they will stay at the same mana cost, always.
This is a major buff, as you only need 1 +2 mana gained on hit jewel and your natural regen for your entire mana sustain, instead of using Blood Magic or other means.

You cannot utilize this build at all before minimum level 60 and the necessary stat requirements to wield Mjolner
Level up with your favorite method and take the necesarry +stat nodes up to that point.

WARNING This build hamstrings framerates severely. Do not play it without a mid to high-end computer. Even my own rig can't handle very large packs.

Mandatory items
Spoiler

Obviously

Mjolner is often compared to "collecting all five pieces of Exodia" and it's true to some part, as the build only first really starts shining with a Voll's Devotion and a Kingsguard.
But I find that these 3 items are mandatory if you even wanna begin playing it my way, the Voll's is just gravy.
Romira's (with Resolute Technique) grants extreme amount of power charges constantly.
You don't benefit from accuracy and the bonus crit chance at all, but Discharge needs to feed from the charges gained from this ring.
Repentance is a new item, and was almost introduced just to free up gem space in Mjolner.
Now you can have Iron Will for free, since you are already at the stats required for this item by playing Mjolner in the first place. Great gloves.

Items you might need
Spoiler

You can use any amulet you want (until Voll's) as long as it has a good bonus to all attributes to reach the Mjolner stat floor.

A belt with a very large amount of strength will also help immensely

While technically not required, a ring with a good amount of bonus dexterity is very welcome, as you will be very starved of that stat unless you invest passive points into it.
Helpful to level green gems.

This helmet is fantastic, but if you have trouble reaching resistance caps feel free to use a rare helm instead.

Jewels
Spoiler

For Jewels you want to get as many jewels with bonus Intelligence and Strength as you can to reach the Mjolner requirement. Try to get life, armor, lightning and spell damage as a sidebonus.

One +2 Mana Gained on Hit jewel is mandatory to sustain mana properly. You will run out of mana by continually Lightning Striking single targets, but Molten Strike won't, with 1 of these jewels.

Tree

This is a 102 point endgame build. Some of it is fluff like increased AoE and Soul of Steel for example.
What is absolutely required though are RT and all of the +stat nodes to reach Mjolner stat requirements.
Once you reach this point in the tree, feel free to finish off the Scion life wheel if needed, or take the +spell and +elemental damage near Templar/Witch, whichever you feel you need.

My gear
Spoiler

Gem setup
Spoiler

5-6L setup: Lightning Strike - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - Fortify - LGOH - (Molten Strike)
Honestly the last link is not required, but you can put Molten Strike in there to free up a 4L in another item.

4L setup: Molten Strike - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - Fortify
Use Molten Strike for single target as it's plain superior than Lightning Strike for it

Mjolner setup: Arc - Discharge - Life Leech - (Lightning Penetration)
Life Leech is the best option to sustain your pool, until you have Voll's Devotion + Kingsguard to do that for you - in which case change Life Leech to Lightning Pen for the highly increased damage.

Rest of your links are up to preference, but here are the auras I use:
Blasphemy + Conductivity
Reduces mob lightning resistance when you get close, adding large amounts of damage.
Wrath can be used in its place, but you will need Enlighten to reduce your reserved mana if you plan on using another 50% aura.
Determination
For the armor.
You can also use Arctic Armor, but I felt this was the best option.

Bandits
Oak, for the life
Kraityn, for the attack speed
Oak, for the endurance charge (this is keeping Voll's in mind, with Oak bonus and tree bonuses you have 5 max of both power and endurance charges, giving a nice synergy)

Video demonstration

I did not have Devoto's helm in this, so my movespeed was kind of shitty.

Please leave some feedback if you want, thanks.

Last edited by slashmessiah on Jan 1, 2016, 10:40:50 PM
i will try it tomorrow :D your video looks really amazing :D

EDIT:

Thanks works great :D
Last edited by perling on Dec 26, 2015, 9:58:02 AM
Works super great, if only my fps weren't dropping to 0 everytime i use any skill with lot of particules since 2.1.
Which items can use to increase the dps? i have now the same items like you slashmessiah.

any suggestions ? Armor , Shield ?

The Lighning Resist Monster on Dried Lake its horrendous.
Last edited by perling on Dec 27, 2015, 4:32:58 AM
"
perling wrote:
Which items can use to increase the dps? i have now the same items like you slashmessiah.

If you have these items and passives you shouldn't have much issue.
Are you using Blasphemy + Conductivity?
My Arc tooltip DPS with no auras is 1800 for comparison of spell damage (level 17 gem)

If nothing else, swap out Life Leech in Mjolner for Lightning Penetration, should vastly increase your dps on resist mobs and bosses/rares.
With LGOH on LS, almost 5% regen from tree and some life nodes you should still be able to regain life safely, but not as rapidly without actually using potions.
Last edited by slashmessiah on Dec 29, 2015, 3:10:45 PM
Greetings.

Your skill tree link appears to be broken, for me.
"
slashmessiah wrote:
"
perling wrote:

If you have these items and passives you shouldn't have much issue.
Are you using Blasphemy + Conductivity?
My Arc tooltip DPS with no auras is 1800 for comparison of spell damage (level 17 gem)

If nothing else, swap out Life Leech in Mjolner for Lightning Penetration, should vastly increase your dps on resist mobs and bosses/rares.
With LGOH on LS, almost 5% regen from tree and some life nodes you should still be able to regain life safely, but not as rapidly without actually using potions.

Thank you for the Answer i will try it :D
Last edited by carnesirdor on Dec 31, 2015, 7:26:23 AM
thx for the build
Last edited by carnesirdor on Jan 3, 2016, 1:24:43 AM
Mate, with those items, would this build be also good?!?!
I will also use Kingsguard chest.

Voll's Devotion later when I get one.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAecEBwSzBS0FQgthDlwRLRQgFE0WbxcvGF0YkRo-HNwdFCBuIWAnCykuKaUsnC3SMtE26DwtPO89_ECgQZZFR0V-RZ1GaUa3TLNQMFBHU1JVxlXWVw1YY14TXz9hUmTnZlRnm2hlaPJq-nTxeu98g3y4gKSCB4Kbg1-DtoPbhXuFfYZghtGMdozPjmSPGo9GkFWRzpZsmuCezZ_LogCnCKcwrY2uPq6zr2y2-ryfwGbGrsbYz37QH9D10iHTb9lh4XPjauRR6-7sOO0g7w7vTu_r8B_xrPJB85v2SPem-tL8Sw==?accountName=dyonsus&characterName=UberTeemo
Last edited by crashbashl on Jan 15, 2016, 9:54:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info