[2.2] Iron Will Dual Totem Bladefall [CHIEFTAIN] - updated for ascendacy

Update on pathing/geear selection...

I tried Righteous Fire... didn't like it at all; extremely squishy and unable to do a lot of map mods without dropping RF (vulnerability, -max resists, no regen, etc.).

So I went back to straight up Iron Will.

I'm now doing 37.5K DPS per totem with 21 Bladefall and not quite 20/20 support gems; 5.4K life (but should hit 6K once I get life on 3 of my jewels and ding 91); 47% physical mitigation with 8900 armor (just enough to avoid problems from leaping/dropping/charging mobs and devourers); resists are over-capped so I can run any EW map without losing resists.

I'm very satisfied with my build as it currently stands and will pursue 32/32 achievements as soon as I level and fix jewels (should be within the next 2 days).

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jan 15, 2016, 10:03:18 AM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
Update on pathing/geear selection...

I tried Righteous Fire... didn't like it at all; extremely squishy and unable to do a lot of map mods without dropping RF (vulnerability, -max resists, no regen, etc.).

So I went back to straight up Iron Will.

I'm now doing 37.5K DPS per totem with 21 Bladefall and not quite 20/20 support gems; 5.4K life (but should hit 6K once I get life on 3 of my jewels and ding 91); 47% physical mitigation with 8900 armor (just enough to avoid problems from leaping/dropping/charging mobs and devourers); resists are over-capped so I can run any EW map without losing resists.

I'm very satisfied with my build as it currently stands and will pursue 32/32 achievements as soon as I level and fix jewels (should be within the next 2 days).

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:

There's a couple of things i dont understand, where are your resists? why do you have sovreignty? and why are you posting your build on my build thread?
"

There's a couple of things i dont understand, where are your resists? why do you have sovreignty? and why are you posting your build on my build thread?

My profile is public - you can examine my character Raintems to see all my gear/jewels.

I've got 7 jewels, 6 of which are used to help out with resists; rings and belt make up the rest.

Soverignty is used to help out with mana; I prefer not to run clarity off of life. - I'm effectively running a 7-link with the Repentance gloves.

I thought this was an Iron Will Bladefall totem thread - if you don't want me posting, I'll stop.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jan 15, 2016, 6:06:55 PM
"
hankinsohl wrote:

I thought this was an Iron Will Bladefall totem thread - if you don't want me posting, I'll stop.

This is the MARAUDER section... You don't see something wrong?

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Well OP did give builds for other classes, and I for one would rather have people discussing about the different possibilities of the build rather than no discussion at all :)
Also why is doon sold for 1c in SC and 25 in HC...Now i'm sad.

EDIT : Amazing guide and build btw !
Last edited by georgesdenu on Jan 16, 2016, 11:27:51 AM
Increased attack and cast speed is also good on jewels.
Hello!

Why not use a Clear Mind jewel?

tks!
"
Akathor wrote:
Hello!

Why not use a Clear Mind jewel?

tks!

"40-60% increased Spell Damage while no Mana is Reserved"

Because using auras is alot better. using a 46% clear mind my tool tip is 22 695. using hatred + ash my tooltip is 34 211
Curious why you didn't take totemic zeal since you're so close to it?
"
weidlerizer wrote:
Curious why you didn't take totemic zeal since you're so close to it?

5 points to get there, 5 points i would rather spend elsewhere. Also quality spell totem does the job just fine in placement speed. While it doesnt have any totem damage it has a nice chunk of cast speed, which i feel doesnt scale all that impressively with bladefall.
dont get me wrong, i really really like that wheel for totems but yeah, 5 points i'd rather place elsewhere.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info