Concerning Srs/minion AI

I dislike it as well, and I know a few popular streamers do as well because I heard them voice their opinion or straight up asked like I did with Ghazzy. I am 97, and I loved my SRS before they decided to run a muck on the AI...there was no reason what so ever to mess with their AI, it was fine...the other minions could of used some work, cause a lot of them wounder around aimlessly from time to time. Like zombies for example, I also have a 96 classic sommoner, and I do notice my zombies will act dazed and confused off and on, doesn't happen all the time, but it happens...however now that I see what "improved AI" means to GGG, I am not sure I want them attempting to mess with their AI in fear the same fate will fall upon other minions. I just wish they would revert the AI back to what we previously had, but I ain't getting my hopes up! >_<
Keep it comming guys, they must announce something sooner or later, the more we are the better/higher chance of getting heard
AI for SRS needs to be reverted or changed. There needs to be a way for the player to direct the flow of their SRS to a specific target.

Introduce a new gem to mark an enemy for focus fire by minions if you are unwilling to revert back to the old SRS AI.

There are very few uber viable builds so please god make SRS able to focus. Uber you need to be able to kill targets fast so you dont have to dodge super high damage attacks for ten minutes.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Bump
I also dislike the modified AI of SRS, even posted a question into the recent Q&A, hopefully they will answer it.
My SRS char is also lvl 97, and before the AI change I could even run a MF set-up, bot now using inc. quantity instead of melee splash makes is dead slow. With this set-up I coulnd't even finish a twinned Necropolis because all of my spirits were attacking spawned trash mobs dealing almost no damage to the bosses.
This is why I haven't dare to try Atziri since this new AI.
With melee splash however it feels a bit faster than before, but this gem basically become a mandatory item, and if there are just a few really hard monsters ( like Atziri split phase ), even melee splash won't help.

I would really like to see some changes around the AI. Maybe revert it, or just make the spirits attack the closest/strongest monster instead of the current very uniform target selection.
Can we soon get some reply on this subject ?
"
Can we soon get some reply on this subject ?

I was on Ghazzy's stream yesterday, and said he asked...said they didn't want us to have to much control over where they go, cause its was a large contributor to how powerful we were...he hates it too, listening to him describe how he felt about it was epic, he said he would get banned from twitch if he really used all the words he wanted to! lol

Nothing none of us can do but just bend over and take it! lol
I guess im the only one who felt like srs wasnt vastly overpowered in 2.0, since there are builds clearing faster having an easier time of uber etc. As nearly always ggg would have been much better of nerfing 10-20% then this complete abortion of balancing.
Last edited by Fhark on Jan 18, 2016, 12:54:43 PM
Still waiting for some sort of official statement about this subject. cant believe the ggg staff isnt saying anything about it. when 90% of srs players has same issues with it, and sold of their gear or left it alone on account collecting dust, cuz its just not viable anymore
Last edited by DanishGrinder on Jan 22, 2016, 5:10:15 AM
Bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info