Concerning Srs/minion AI

so this is my 2.1 srs experience about the new AI, wont rly comment on the dps nerf nor the cast/duration buff, cuz these 2 things is acceptable,

But when it comes down to the AI, it is really not a pleasent experience to play srs anymore, i really tried, and i even did lvl from 99 to a 100, mainly cause i party´d up with homies, and ran lower tier maps like crazy, cuz the risc of gettin sniped was simply to high in high level maps.

I also tried 18 uber runs, where i managed to finish 3 of em, ( pre 2.1 i rarely failed one set, maybe 1 out of 50 )

This is my Summon raging spirit stats :

5400 Life, 330% minion dmg modifer, max spirits(50)

Running : Clarity, haste, Arctic armour // hatred + generosity

Running 12 minion dmg jewels, with the usefull adds as life, resist, reduced mana cost, anything a proper srs player would love,

to sum up, my srs is perfectly spec´d and hard to find anymore defenses or damage.

So this is my conclusion so far :

The Ai in mappings leave the caster vulnerable, the main reason for this is, in most chases the the Spirits is traveling past nearest monsters wich leaves the enemy monster able to sneak up and get free hits on the caster, also the react time of the spirits is a problem, after casting em, they have a 1 sec react time before they start traveling.

Uber atziri experience ; Clone´s are about to pop up, ur preparing for the clone fight, 50 spirits spawned, all the adds casted(spell totem, flesh offering and so on) and all 50 spirits choose to attack the 3 clones farest away from the caster/spirits, wich makes it allmost impossible to do the fight, after dieing and u reenter the fight, u will see that 3 out of 4 clones has lost 25% life or so. you are not seing this on any other skill, any other skill has the ability to aim the thing u wanna aim. Big problem here,

take into concideration this is tested on a fully spec´d high end srs with 100 levels. there is no, or only very little room for improvement in my Srs setup.

My solution, or what i hope you guys will change is this : Make the spirits attack the nearest monster to the spirits. would fix all the complaints about 2.1 srs update, from what i have seen from all the other posts ( if needed i can provide video´s of all the things i concider as "bugs" )

i hope some of you GGG-people are reading this, and taking it serious. i know there is several other posts out there about this issue, i just wanted to leave my side of the story here.

Regards Devilschoice
Last edited by DanishGrinder on Jan 30, 2016, 1:34:46 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Bump
Its been bought up multiple times but to the best of my knowledge there is no ggg response yet, I find it a real shame and also unprofessional of ggg to release srs in this state.
All that is needed is to let the AI of the SRS as it was before the patch... It was not bad before. But GGG has a morbid taste for fuck their own work.

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
First of all, since the base damage was halved, we can't afford to use spell echo anymore. Best to use another multiplicative like Melee on full life. This actually can give some mana problems as you don't get a free cast anymore, but it's more damage.

As was already said, GGG has not responded on this issue. I would suspect because they introduced this new AI as 'improved' and since the community disagrees, there's really no response they can give since the AI is working as intended by GGG. It's just a disagreement flat out between the devs and the community. Is it disrespectful not to respond? Probably, I feel that way at least. But it's best to retire this spec until GGG finally gets around to looking at it. I haven't played this patch since release because my beloved spec feels unplayable but I'm always checking the forums to see if it's safe to return.
"
Radjehuty wrote:
First of all, since the base damage was halved, we can't afford to use spell echo anymore. Best to use another multiplicative like Melee on full life. This actually can give some mana problems as you don't get a free cast anymore, but it's more damage.

As was already said, GGG has not responded on this issue. I would suspect because they introduced this new AI as 'improved' and since the community disagrees, there's really no response they can give since the AI is working as intended by GGG. It's just a disagreement flat out between the devs and the community. Is it disrespectful not to respond? Probably, I feel that way at least. But it's best to retire this spec until GGG finally gets around to looking at it. I haven't played this patch since release because my beloved spec feels unplayable but I'm always checking the forums to see if it's safe to return.

I have tried allmost anything, and playing without spell echo is just horrible mana wise, and experience wise, ur idea will bring in more dps, but the overall mana desease is just not worth it imo. and it doesnt fix the AI.

i am deeply hoping they are on this, and planning to meet all us srs players with a drawback of the AI. so we can wreck some maps together again mate :)

"
Fhark wrote:
Its been bought up multiple times but to the best of my knowledge there is no ggg response yet, I find it a real shame and also unprofessional of ggg to release srs in this state.

it has been brought up, but most posts has been some imature QQ´in without any content, or explanation of what they think the issue is and what it does for the caster, thats why i took my time, and posted my veiw, i have been dedicated srs player in progress for the last year or so, and am sad to say that the ai thing, has brought me down alot :(

"
Actkqk wrote:
All that is needed is to let the AI of the SRS as it was before the patch... It was not bad before. But GGG has a morbid taste for fuck their own work.

Without the insulting of GGG, i agree 100%.
Last edited by DanishGrinder on Dec 23, 2015, 3:18:25 PM
Bump
Its not only SRS, unfortunately. Animate Weapon at least halves its damage due to random behaviour. It would wander off, take breaks (even in the middle of attacking something) or refuse to engage. I find it quite impossible to play that way - at least with AW.
Nobody really plays (SRS/AW) summoners anymore, huh ? :(

I have tested the AW AI a little bit more yesterday on my perma hc Witch(69) and it seems that while they not exactly behave like SRS, they do indeed act differently than before the patch. The biggest issue seems to be that they stop doing whatever they are doing every 5-10 sec or so. They also never engage whats right next to me as long as there are other targets a screen away. Convocation can somewhat alleviate the other issue of them running away from the fight ...
Last edited by dyneol on Dec 25, 2015, 10:59:19 AM
"
dyneol wrote:
Nobody really plays (SRS/AW) summoners anymore, huh ? :(

I have tested the AW AI a little bit more yesterday on my perma hc Witch(69) and it seems that while they not exactly behave like SRS, they do indeed act differently than before the patch. The biggest issue seems to be that they stop doing whatever they are doing every 5-10 sec or so. They also never engage whats right next to me as long as there are other targets a screen away. Convocation can somewhat alleviate the other issue of them running away from the fight ...

"
dyneol wrote:
Its not only SRS, unfortunately. Animate Weapon at least halves its damage due to random behaviour. It would wander off, take breaks (even in the middle of attacking something) or refuse to engage. I find it quite impossible to play that way - at least with AW.

i think its time for GGG to come out with an announcement about srs and summoners in general, no matter if they change the AI back or they will keep it as is, i dont think it is fair to ignore a 100% wellplaced critism of their work. so many Summoners is having a hard time atm. any kind of summoner, i mean i love this game. i just hope they will come around and meet us summoner players with a reverse of the artificial intelligence that is not helping at all. :/
Last edited by DanishGrinder on Dec 26, 2015, 5:40:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info