2.1.1b Patch Notes

"
ccg07 wrote:
Nope, there was a bug which caused poison damage to scale high on chaos dot abilities(not what he was using) like Essence Drain. The poison should only have scaled from the initial damage but it was doing much more.

No, it's supposed to scale off your modifiers as well, according to the countless Q/A posts on Poison damage. Poison should be being increased by the modifiers, and supports, affecting the skill that cause the Poison, as well as double dipping on relevant increased damage modifiers.

But I presume that there was a bug making it do more than it should be, and I believe that should be the case, because I was MELTING Atziri with my damage... Then again, doing the math Poison+ED SHOULD be melting Atziri, so I donno.

All I know is that Poison is SUPPOSED to more than double your damage [as long as you are "heavily invested" as GGG said.]

I'm really surprised by the nerf to Contagion though, I noticed that it went through walls an thought it was fully intended. I don't see why not, it's not a typical AoE, it's an aoe/bio-hazard symbol on the ground, I don't see why it shouldn't hit mobs through walls. I don't think that Vaal Ruins or the dillapidated walls of the Sarn Warehouse are air-tight bio-hazard proof walls that'd be able to stop a contagion from spreading..

My immersion GGG, plz!

PS. What is this Femur bug everyone is talking about?
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Dec 23, 2015, 12:46:20 AM
For what i can tell after killing organ bosses - ED Poison - Poison just doesnt stack as fast/high as before - it need like 10 hits to get to the damage it was before with 2 hits. So it had to be a bug considering the tickdamage of ED. I dont know.
"
Serleth wrote:
It shouldn't affect VS. It was more just an interaction with specific skills that were scaling inappropriately.

Yup, made to sure check, and indeed VS was not effected by this bug fix.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
Sheriff_K wrote:
"
ccg07 wrote:
Nope, there was a bug which caused poison damage to scale high on chaos dot abilities(not what he was using) like Essence Drain. The poison should only have scaled from the initial damage but it was doing much more.

No, it's supposed to scale off your modifiers as well, according to the countless Q/A posts on Poison damage. Poison should be being increased by the modifiers, and supports, affecting the skill that cause the Poison, as well as double dipping on relevant increased damage modifiers.

It still scales off those modifiers. The bug was the poison damage should only be based off the initial hit of Essence Drain, but it was instead based off the DOT portion somehow.

ps. Essence Drain single target is terrible now.
Last edited by ccg07 on Dec 23, 2015, 12:58:29 AM
"
ccg07 wrote:
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
"
ccg07 wrote:

It still scales off those modifiers. The bug was the poison damage should only be based off the initial hit of Essence Drain, but it was instead based off the DOT portion somehow.

Yeah, checking the math, and going by what numbers I remember seeing from the regen of Binos (which is based on the dmg of the Poison Dot,) something was definitely wrong before. Doing the math I should be getting ~8k DPS from a stack of Poison from my ED, which would result in ~8k life/sec, which is what I am seeing now in-game; before, I was getting 22-24k life/sec, which would imply that the Poison damage was definitely being scaled incorrectly... :S

Which makes me sad, but oh well.

"
ccg07 wrote:
ps. Essence Drain single target is terrible now.

I disagree, it was good even without the broken Poison, and even with the "fixed" Poison it should still double, or more, your DPS on Single-Target to use Poison. It just won't be as face-meltingly OP with only a 5L as before.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Dec 23, 2015, 1:13:27 AM
I hate to say this after having peeved you for so long about the issue - but the BV change is barely even noticable.

Just tried it in Dried Lake. Found an undying pack with 14 Monsters, charged up 35 Blades, Whirling Bladed in > Frame Time spikes to over 3000.

So either this was not the root of the problem or the fix was not meaningful enough. I would say it was the latter.

The issue has been around with many other skills for so long. Especially Cyclone + CoC. And with that you still get far less hits than with BV.

I know it's not the greatest solution but I would love to see the Gore capped at 1/sec.

And also the hit-sound. I have noticed weird clicking noises accompanied by fps spikes when you hit extremely fast, causing to play the sound multiple times / sec.
Since this latest patch my game has crashed 21 times, it just logs out back to log in screen !!!!

Thanks
Chances are we're gonna drop POE. 1st they nerfed my curser on std, now they nerf my friend's chaos dd. TY GGG!
Is the XP-Rate f'ed? Im getting like 19m XP/h after Tier9 clear in some Minutes without a death.. after reset_xp... There's gotta be something wrong... - Monsters dying of Contagion/ED Spread dont yield XP maybe?

edit: nvm - got up to 80m ...
Last edited by Melchior1988 on Dec 23, 2015, 2:25:50 AM
let´s just nerf ED so bad it doesn't make fun anymore, time to play cyclone again boyz... i mean seriously it felt clucky all the time since you didn't have proper defense mechanics but now it feels like shit "oh you want to kill that boss? better whirl around him for 10 minutes straight beeing forced to use your wither totem, self curse and recast ed constantly after the dot ticked out". Bug fixing gone bad, thanks good job

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info