[2.6] TankyTwirl - PhysSpell CoC Cyclone

I updated the leveling Trees & Text for non Trypanon leveling.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Hey,
looks interesting and I'll start with this. However one note, your hybrid tree has CI nodes over this link and also 2.3 offline planner.

This:
2.3 Hybrid level 85 on top of guide.

Link

Br,
DS
Last edited by Demoshane on Jun 1, 2016, 1:21:02 PM
This build scales entirely with attack speed right?
There is no thing such as attacking to fast, or does that cause issues with CoC?

Anyway I did the math on the 10% increased chaos and physical damage near shadows staring point.

Adding together all the increased attack speed and every source of increased damage, everything.
Using your gear and just imagined up some 3.5-mod jewels with dagger attack speed on them.
Removing the 10%+10% nodes will lose you 14.4% damage.
However, going into the 4% attack speed nodes instead will gain 16.7% damage.
Edit: If I am unclear, the change will gain about 2.3% dps

This is factoring in Force Shapers 5% added chaos and the effect 30% chaos damage have, I'm not bother with showing the numbers, because it's just a mess, but I am confident in my math being a good approximation, I was even generous with the number I used in regards to attack speed.

I get that bigger hit's make for better freeze with the cold damage, and faster attacks make Power Charge generation with Blade Vortex slightly weaker.
But it does reward you with faster Whirling Blades and slightly higher DPS.

Also isn't attack speed very good on initial monster pack engaging, when you can have a long unlucky streak and not crit(no PC's), and die due to 0 leech. Remember it happening occasionally on my Discharge CoC char, when I messed up.
Last edited by lordaleksander on Jun 1, 2016, 1:29:20 PM
Thanks for updating the leveling section and all your work on this guide. I'm going to follow it for the new league on Friday. Good luck in the new league!
Hey there, build seems legit and i am gonna try it in next league but even with tree planner hybird lvling tree is same as ci tree.Would you check it again any chance mate? Thanks for build in advance seems really nice.
ing:Jamirryo
@Demoshane + Holyjustice

Fixed it, Its now a lvl 80 Hybrid Tree, ready to transform into CI or LL Versions.

@lordaleksander

Attackspeed is nice but not all that important, we recast cyclone at our own feet most of the time to get the double hit on activation of cyclone. So imho Spelldamage will be better most of the time as we don´t use our attack speed most of the time and instead use movespeed as our attackspeed.

(Movespeed because Cyclone has a minimum distance, with movespeed you will travel that distance in less time = recast cycloen faster for the double hit on activation)

@Gorillagrip

Hope you enjoy the build, if there are any questions during leveling feel free to ask me, will check the Thread alot during the first days of the new League!
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Jun 1, 2016, 5:37:48 PM
Hey man nice guide. Really considering playing this build for the upcoming league on Friday. Was wondering if theres any benefit to adding in discharge instead of EK if you get a Voll's Devotion this league? I'm new to this whole playstyle, but it seems like this would be a good hybrid leveling guide with an endgame of CoC Discharge given the right itemization? Or is this build's DPS better? Thanks for your time!
@drooblz

If you want to make a CoC Discharge, better folow a Discharge Guide. THis build scales Physical damage and does not take any extra endurance charges. If you look at a tree for CoC Discharge you will see that the pathing is very different and you can´t simply switch in a Volls in this build.

With good Gear this build is about the same DPS as Discharge, if you scroll through the Thread a bit you can find some postings about it, i compared it using the CoCulator and Matrix Factors Discharge DPS Calculator.

I played a CoC Discharge before this Build (Matrix Factors MoreRain) and overall i like this one better just because it shatters stuff. and shattering stuff sounds awesome, feels awsome and looks awesome. :)

If you like Discharge better then Physical Spells better use this Guide:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637381
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Jun 1, 2016, 6:47:20 PM
Thanks a bunch, never knew exactly how Cyclone interacted with move/attack speed.

I skimmed through the thread, but couldn't find any info on what happens with Physical Reflection, do you die very fast if you keep attacking after Immortal Call is over?
I've played Discharge-CoC and you could survive elemental reflect map with some changes.
However elemental damage is reduced by 75% resistance.
I'm guess this build don't exactly have 75% reduction with armour + EC's as the EQ-builds, heh.

Does IC take care of it, or do you need to be aware of reflect affixes/reroll maps?

Really thinking about going physical next league.
@lordaleksander

You can do Phys Reflect Maps with a Phys to Lightning Gem, but i would jsut reroll them. You can do all other map mods so its ok to reroll that one. As Trickster you can even do Blood Magic maps if you just turn off all auras.
I posted a Video of me running a Phys Reflect map just to try it with the P2L Gem, its possible but i really would just not do it.

Reflect Rares can be a Problem in T12+ maps if they are on really high HP mobs and with party scaled HP its also dangerous.

You have to watch out for the mobs and Flask before you attack them. The good thing is that most Mobs that have problematic high HP have really big models so you can´t miss them. (Necromancers, big Bears, Devourers)

One thing you should also be aware of is that Ele Reflect as map mod is normaly not a Problem but if you encounter a Phys Reflect rare in a Ele Reflect map it gets pretty bad. When i was leveling over lvl 92 i switched the Hatred to a Grace for Ele Reflect maps to avoid those situations.

All of this is only true once you get really high crit multi.

Edit: Just skimmed through the Thread, there is a discussion about Reflect on Page 33-35, look for my postings an Jake the Allmighty
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Jun 2, 2016, 3:20:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info