(3.2) [Lighty] Bladefall Totem's - Better Every League Since 2.1

"
Tenivald wrote:
"
Has anyone tried this in prophecy league? how far got you/can you get?

Thx

Lighty - Thanks for the build. I hadn't played since Warbands and was looking to try something new. Really enjoying this. It doesn't take much in the way of gear to really get started and it is only getting better and better as I level. 78 now and climbing quite well.

iwaniwanowitsch - Yes. Running Prophecy here. I happened to have found a Rime Gaze on my sparks character before I stumbled across this build. I went the Slayer / Heirophant route and am currently running with three totems. It has been very enjoyable so far.

My gear is kind of ghetto. I don't even have all the gem slots filled.
Spoiler

"
Great build. Got to lv80 with only a lv18 bladefall and already at 13k DPS. Successfully clearing T8's and have no doubt I could go higher.

Glad your boy enjoying it, keep me updated on your progress in league and what you find works well for you.
LightyGaming.com
"
MaxXNes wrote:
Looking at Bladefall in the wiki, I found this interesting part :

Area of Effect: area of effect increases and decreases apply to both the lateral width of the waves and their thickness, essentially increasing potential DPS when reduced due to the constant size of enemy hitboxes.

I suppose it means the same "amount" of blades are dropped for the same amount of damage whatever the size of the area.

Does this mean I should avoid getting quality on the gem if I want to maximize my damage output on single targets?

Yeah thats actually how it works, its similar to the 4 hitting that glacial cascade does where if you have to much aoe they stop overlapping and you lose wingle target. Since we dont do carcass jack, scion area nodes, divinarius or inc aoe gem we dont hit the point where our bladefall overlapping stops so its of no concern. BUT it does work how you suspected and quality is still fine since were pretty low on aoe overall.
LightyGaming.com
Thoughts on using Alpha's howl?
"
MrClutch703 wrote:
Thoughts on using Alpha's howl?

What sparked the idea for alpha's howl? Not trying to insult you, sincerely curious to why alpha's howl seems good.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Jun 16, 2016, 8:29:11 PM
just thought it might be good since we running 3 auras lol
Hit 85 and going strong. I think my gear is lacking now though, and I REALLY need to get curse on hit going (up to now I have not been cursing). I'm wondering where the final scaling DPS comes from at this point, as my tooltip is around 15k, and running herophant with rime so that makes a theorhetical 45k which seems quite low, especially when looking to progress into red maps.

EDIT: Re-worked the setup and now have 23k tooltip and have switched to cheif. Doing T10's without issue. Nowhere near tanky enough for Atziri although I don't have the right flash setup.
Last edited by Pegglea on Jun 22, 2016, 7:29:49 PM
"
MrClutch703 wrote:
just thought it might be good since we running 3 auras lol

Its fine at best but in general you wont have mana problems so the reservation buff isn't a big deal. The cannot be frozen is n ice but again our flask situation allows for us to run a flask for chill/freeze anyway so its redundant. Overall you'd like a helm with high life, res & attributes to cover other slots.
LightyGaming.com
"
Hit 85 and going strong. I think my gear is lacking now though, and I REALLY need to get curse on hit going (up to now I have not been cursing). I'm wondering where the final scaling DPS comes from at this point, as my tooltip is around 15k, and running herophant with rime so that makes a theorhetical 45k which seems quite low, especially when looking to progress into red maps.

EDIT: Re-worked the setup and now have 23k tooltip and have switched to cheif. Doing T10's without issue. Nowhere near tanky enough for Atziri although I don't have the right flash setup.

Sounds like a pretty good tooltip and in general if your looking to level efficiently there is almost 0 point to push past t10 maps at the moment. The way exp is tempered now its better to chain canyon/gorge/lake/plateau than do anything else.
LightyGaming.com
I really like poison support gem. What do you think about having it as a fourth link? Also I've just dropped a rain of splinters gem. Is it good for this build?
Last edited by haruz3k on Jun 25, 2016, 4:11:04 PM
"
haruz3k wrote:
I really like poison support gem. What do you think about having it as a fourth link? Also I've just dropped a rain of splinters gem. Is it good for this build?

Poison is fine but I would build differently, its essentially a different build. Rain of splinters only works for projectiles from your totem and bladefall isn't a projectile, its an aoe.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info