(3.2) [Lighty] Bladefall Totem's - Better Every League Since 2.1

"
LadyLoriana wrote:
Can you please add a leveling skill tree to your first post once ascendancy comes out?
Is the damage decent with a 5L and what 6th gem would you leave out?

Leveling Tree Framework

Id leave out added fire if I was only on a 5l since its making fire damage that would be mitigated by the enemies resistance so id most cases it adds the least amount of effective dps
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Mar 4, 2016, 11:39:22 AM
"
zmurf wrote:
If not going the frenzy route would you use a dagger to make use of whirling blades?

I guess the trade off is some crit in place of cast speed, or not using a shield.

yeah thats fine if you want to WB and dont care about frenzy. If your not HC you can drop the shield for double dagger if you want more dps but id keep the shield in HC.
LightyGaming.com
Anyone in SC been playing this? I'm having fun so far, but it seems like there's a lot of extra health that could be put elsewhere for softcore. Anyone have a SC-based build I could use? I suck at choosing nodes.
-
Last edited by Sytette on Sep 14, 2017, 8:39:45 AM
I play-tested the Scion Hierophant Node to see how it actually works.

Here's what I found:

The Scion Hierophant Node does in fact allow you to place an additional totem: if you've taken Ancestral Bond, you may place 3 totems with some restrictions.

1) You get 2 totems (from Ancestral Bond) w/o restriction. For this build, your 2 totems will be Bladefall supported by Spell Totem.

2) With the Hierophant Node you may cast only 1 more totem, with some restrictions.

If you choose to cast Searing Bond, there's no additional restriction b/c Searing Bond may already be cast in addition to the totems you're already allowed to cast.

If you choose to cast some other totem, e.g. Rejuvenation Totem or something supported by Spell Totem, that's fine, provided that the totem is in your helmet. You get a total of three totems.

Some examples, assuming that you're casting Spell Totem-Bladefall and then attempting to cast additional totems:

* You can cast 2 Bladefall Totems and 1 Searing Bond Totem (same as without the Hierophant Node). Searing Bond may be in any piece of equipment.

* You can cast 2 Bladefall Totems and 1 Rejuvenation Totem, provided that the Rejuvenation Totem is in your helmet.

* You cannot cast 2 Bladefall Totems, 1 Searing Bond Totem and 1 Rejuvenation Totem. You get just 1 additional totem (not 2) with the Hierophant Node. If you have Rejuvenation Totem in your helmet here's what happens:

You cast 2 Bladefall Totems and 1 Rejuvenation Totem - fine, 3 totems are up.

You then cast Searing Bond - the Searing Bond Totem replaces your Rejuvenation Totem - you now have 3 totems up - 2 Spell Totem-Bladefalls and 1 Searing Bond.

At this point you cast Rejuvenation Totem once more - again, you end up with just 3 totems, this time Rejuvenation Totem replaces Searing Bond (and not your Bladefall Totems); you end up with 2 Bladefall Totems and 1 Rejuvenation Totem.
=========

So the Scion Hierophant Node might not be of much use for this build; but for other totem builds, it offers additional flexibility beyond the intrinsic capability of casting a third, Searing Bond-only, totem (for example, I'm now playing Consuming Dark, Flame Totem and the Hierophant Node allows me to place a Wither Totem instead of having to stand still and manually cast Wither).

If you're in Hardcore, perhaps 2 Bladefall Totems and 1 Decoy Totem up at the same time would offer some additional level of survivability - in which case Scion Hierophant may be of use to you. I play Scrubcore though :-) and so cannot offer any advice on this possibility.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 8, 2016, 11:23:03 AM
"
Lighty wrote:
"
"
Lighty wrote:

Bladefall Nerf
Bladefall had a bug that caused its damage per volley reduction to apply too early, reducing the damage of the first four stages. This has been fixed, which has raised its damage. To compensate, Bladefall's damage has been reduced by 25% at all levels. Bladefall now does 6% less damage per stage (up from 5%). Its damage effectiveness has been reduced from 120% to 90%.

Essentially its 30% nerfed but still 100% viable for HC Perandus.

That's not what is stated above.

Volley reduction applied too early = less damage was applied in 2.1.

This has now been fixed and because BF now has higher damage output than before they decreased the numerical damage at all levels by 25% to compensate.

I read that as it now does exactly the same amount of damage as before!

What HAS been nerfed is the 5->6% less damage per stage and the damage effectiveness, all of which I think does not really matter.

So yeah, your tooltip probably will show a smaller number, but in reality the damage output is almost (5->6% and 120%->90%) the same.

You are correct and I misread it, Bladefall totems is perfectly fine then.

Has anyone actually play-tested this?

In the previous patch, for example, Flame Totem was adjusted - supposedly to make it much less powerful at low levels but the same at end-game levels. In fact, the end-game damage was reduced (though it could be compensation for by other means).

Bladefall was said to be completely OP by just about every POE player who was familiar with the skill; I'd be extremely surprised if it wasn't nerfed in all it's incarnations.

So... has anyone actually tested Bladefall Totems in Ascendancy to personally verify weather or not it's been nerfed?
Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 8, 2016, 11:13:31 AM
Has said in the patch notes Blade Fall has been corrected to make the first rounds do actual damage, but the overall damage has been nerfed by 25%, don't know how good it still is, but most people seemed to say that it was appropriate.

I'm planning on using a crit softcore version of this build.

Something like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAQDBBAcEswVCBqAHHghnCdkLYQ5IEMwRLxGWFe0Wbxg8GFYabB0UHwIkqioLKhMrCiycLR8tqDE1NZI2xTbpPAU8LT1fQYdBlkShRZ1JUUyzUlNTUlS9VcZY5VorXEBd8mSEZJ1mnmjyakNrF26qb55wUncHd-J7IH_Ggh6DCYPMg9uD84RThG-HE4nTjmSP-pM6lSCVLpaLl5WaO5rgnKSdrp_fogCio6PypwiuEq6zr2yxkLVItfK2-rc-t9a86r0nvoDAVMBmwfPGrtD11ELVptW52CTYvdsL21ne3OKt42rkIutj6-7r9e0873zwH_DV8h33pviT-b356PrS_gr-hw==

Not sure how viable it would be..?
Last edited by DI_Dorval on Mar 8, 2016, 10:39:09 PM
"
DI_Dorval wrote:
Has said in the patch notes Blade Fall has been corrected to make the first rounds do actual damage, but the overall damage has been nerfed by 25%, don't know how good it still is, but most people seemed to say that it was appropriate.

I'm planning on using a crit softcore version of this build.

Something like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAQDBBAcEswVCBqAHHghnCdkLYQ5IEMwRLxGWFe0Wbxg8GFYabB0UHwIkqioLKhMrCiycLR8tqDE1NZI2xTbpPAU8LT1fQYdBlkShRZ1JUUyzUlNTUlS9VcZY5VorXEBd8mSEZJ1mnmjyakNrF26qb55wUncHd-J7IH_Ggh6DCYPMg9uD84RThG-HE4nTjmSP-pM6lSCVLpaLl5WaO5rgnKSdrp_fogCio6PypwiuEq6zr2yxkLVItfK2-rc-t9a86r0nvoDAVMBmwfPGrtD11ELVptW52CTYvdsL21ne3OKt42rkIutj6-7r9e0873zwH_DV8h33pviT-b356PrS_gr-hw==

Not sure how viable it would be..?

I'm assuming it would be quite viable, as long as it has enough health (and it looks like it probably does). I'm currently running the HC version at level 52, and my Bladefall Totem is at 2267.8DPS, which is more than enough to walk through most things with little effort.
"
Auridran wrote:

I'm assuming it would be quite viable, as long as it has enough health (and it looks like it probably does). I'm currently running the HC version at level 52, and my Bladefall Totem is at 2267.8DPS, which is more than enough to walk through most things with little effort.

Changed it a bit to make the pathing more efficient and to start with intelligence nodes instead of strenght.
I think I'll give it a try!

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAQDBBLMFQgagBx4IZwj0CdkOSBEtEZYV7RZvFr8XLxg8HNwdFCL0JKomlSj6KgsqEyycLagxNTLRNZI2xTbpPAU9X0GHQZZEoUVHRZ1JUUtXTLNSU1NSVL1VS1XWWOVaK1xAXfJeXWHiZIRknWTnZp5o8mpDbAttGW6qb55wUnX9dwd8S3yDf8aApILHgwmD84RThG-HE4nTjDaOZI9Gj_qTJ5M6lS6WdJaLl5WX9JrgnKSiAKPypwinlK4SrrOxkLVItfK2-rc-t9a4k70nwFTAZsDjykbQ9dH91ELVudgk2L3bWd7c4q3jauvu6_XvfO_98B_w1fGz8h33pvm9-ej60v4K
Last edited by DI_Dorval on Mar 12, 2016, 11:40:52 AM
Hi !
I'm running your build on PHC, atm lvl 62, and I'm loving it ! So thanks a lot ;)

There are, however, a few question I'm asking myself :

-First of all, from what I can see from your stuff, there is not really a defense attribute that is chosen ; you take armor, evasion and es. But don't you think the numbers will be a little low in all these ? I play with two armor flask and, when I'll take pathfinder, I think I will be able to have them in time needed but I don't know if this will be enough :D

-You play with CWDT-IC but you don't have a endurance charge generation aside juggernaut ascendancy ? Isn't that kind of rippy ?

Thanks again and hope to read your answers soon !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info