(3.2) [Lighty] Bladefall Totem's - Better Every League Since 2.1

"
kakius wrote:
Do you think Scion still is the best choice for this or maybe other class subclass will work better?

Ive been looking at the subclasses and cant see any that offer much offensive capabilities for bladefall totems so im leaning towards a defensive one or a hybrid via scion. I dont mind Chieftain and I wish I could take juggernaut too but if I cant maybe Pathfinder for the flask effects
LightyGaming.com
"
thevdende wrote:
"
Zavake wrote:
You can't take two ascendancies from the same subclass, so I would probably swap juggernaut for hierophant for 1 additional totem.

Hierophant doesn't actually let you place an additional totem. It allows you to cast an extra totem which is socketed in your helmet (so an extra 4L totem) which isn't that great.

Ive never had a problem with dps and based on what was said above this post bladefalls damage wasn't nerfed at all so id prefer to use a combo like juggernaut and pathfinder for some more defensive capabilities between chill immune and flask buffs.

Pathfinder
  • 50% increased Flask Charges gained
  • 25% increased Damage during Flask effect
  • 50% chance to avoid Freeze, Shock, Ignite and Bleed during Flask effect
  • 4% reduced Elemental Damage taken during Flask effect

Juggernaut
  • 30% increased Armour
  • Cannot be Chilled
  • 10% chance to gain an Endurance Charge when you are Hit
  • You can't be Stunned while you're at maximum Endurance Charges
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Mar 3, 2016, 3:06:05 PM
Ya, Pathfinder looks to be a solid option.

Trying to decide between that and a Chieftan/Raider or Juggernaut/Raider variant myself.

Would replace
Cast When Damage Taken(1) - Arctic Breath(4) - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Chain

with
Cast When Damage Taken(1) - Frost Wall(10) - Frenzy - GMP

to take advantage of Raider's
25% chance to Avoid Elemental Status Ailments
2% chance to Dodge Attacks
The 10% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill is N/A for totems, but meh, small loss.
You have Phasing and Onslaught while on full Frenzy Charges.

So that's *permanent 20% increased cast/movement speed from Onslaught, and some of that sweet Frenzy Charge goodness we all know and love, and the ability to phase through mobs/frost walls (*assuming you are diligent with maintaining charges).

Obvious trade-offs from the core build being the loss of chilled ground from Arctic Breath, and having to toss a Frenzy out every 8-9 seconds (plus whatever is lost compared to a different Ascendancy option).

However there could also be some interesting unique synergies from the Frenzy Charges; like a Juggernaut/Raider with The Restless Ward + Darkray Vectors. Looking forward to finding out which variant would be faster/safer for Lab runs.

**EDIT: Ascendant's Raider subclass got nerfed, with phasing dropped completely.
Last edited by gibsauce on Mar 4, 2016, 1:21:46 PM
"
Lighty wrote:
"
thevdende wrote:
"
Zavake wrote:
You can't take two ascendancies from the same subclass, so I would probably swap juggernaut for hierophant for 1 additional totem.

Hierophant doesn't actually let you place an additional totem. It allows you to cast an extra totem which is socketed in your helmet (so an extra 4L totem) which isn't that great.

Ive never had a problem with dps and based on what was said above this post bladefalls damage wasn't nerfed at all so id prefer to use a combo like juggernaut and pathfinder for some more defensive capabilities between chill immune and flask buffs.

Pathfinder
  • 50% increased Flask Charges gained
  • 25% increased Damage during Flask effect
  • 50% chance to avoid Freeze, Shock, Ignite and Bleed during Flask effect
  • 4% reduced Elemental Damage taken during Flask effect

Juggernaut
  • 30% increased Armour
  • Cannot be Chilled
  • 10% chance to gain an Endurance Charge when you are Hit
  • You can't be Stunned while you're at maximum Endurance Charges

Which flasks would you use in order to keep flask effects up?
Last edited by zmurf on Mar 3, 2016, 5:08:39 PM
Also have i understood right that neither "Gain 15% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage if you've Killed Recently" from chieftain or "10% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill" from raider wont work with totems?
"
zmurf wrote:
Also have i understood right that neither "Gain 15% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage if you've Killed Recently" from chieftain or "10% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill" from raider wont work with totems?

That's why I mentioned "The 10% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill is N/A for totems, but meh, small loss." That's also the reason I mentioned dropping Arctic Breath for Frenzy + GMP, otherwise no frenzy charge generation.

As for whether or not kill effects work for totems, here's what Rory had to say:

"
Rory wrote:

They're currently not, but we've got a planned rework to some 'on kill' effects that will let specific stats (Including these enchantments) work with them. It wasn't ready for this expansion, but we'd like to make the change as soon as we can!

Source.

Unsure if that statement also applies to "You've recently killed", since that's a different keyword line and I don't have alpha access to test. I would assume it does, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by gibsauce on Mar 3, 2016, 5:50:27 PM
"
gibsauce wrote:
"
zmurf wrote:

That's why I mentioned "The 10% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill is N/A for totems, but meh, small loss." That's also the reason I mentioned dropping Arctic Breath for Frenzy + GMP, otherwise no frenzy charge generation.

As for whether or not kill effects work for totems, here's what Rory had to say:

"
Rory wrote:

They're currently not, but we've got a planned rework to some 'on kill' effects that will let specific stats (Including these enchantments) work with them. It wasn't ready for this expansion, but we'd like to make the change as soon as we can!

Source.

Unsure if that statement also applies to "You've recently killed", since that's a different keyword line and I don't have alpha access to test. I would assume it does, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think the [ gmp - frenzy ] works well but frost wall on cwdt is aids in a party and sometimes solo, ive seen a few people die from it during maps. But maybe [ frenzy - gmp - arctic breath - cwdt ] would cover both bases and allow for perma onslaught if you decided to run Raider. This also means you locked into using a wand which could fuck some people over who roll/ID good caster daggers; since many people used daggers for whirling blade access aswell.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Mar 3, 2016, 7:05:05 PM
Can you please add a leveling skill tree to your first post once ascendancy comes out?
Is the damage decent with a 5L and what 6th gem would you leave out?
Last edited by LadyLoriana on Mar 4, 2016, 2:29:43 AM
"
Lighty wrote:
I think the [ gmp - frenzy ] works well but frost wall on cwdt is aids in a party and sometimes solo, ive seen a few people die from it during maps. But maybe [ frenzy - gmp - arctic breath - cwdt ] would cover both bases and allow for perma onslaught if you decided to run Raider. This also means you locked into using a wand which could fuck some people over who roll/ID good caster daggers; since many people used daggers for whirling blade access aswell.

Aye, died to that solo before. I wouldn't even consider Frost Wall now without a reliable phasing method.

I don't party much these days but if I do this league, I'd probably swap to CWDT - Arctic Breath - Frenzy - GMP like you mentioned. Vaal Discipline - Increased Duration - Frenzy - GMP may also be a decent party swap if the chilled ground effect is nuking potatoes.

Good point about dagger/WB lock-out too. Maybe when/if the on-kill bonuses get fixed down the line like Rory mentioned, I can simply drop Frenzy altogether and retain the option to go dagger. Then again...a mechanics change of that magnitude could open up even more Ascendancy choices to consider!
If not going the frenzy route would you use a dagger to make use of whirling blades?

I guess the trade off is some crit in place of cast speed, or not using a shield.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info