[2.1.0] TheBockwursts DualWield VIPER STRIKER | +120kDPS Splash | +25kHP regen

Viper Strike is back!
Nerf after nerf in past patches left VS pretty much dead so with 2.1 I was rather curious to see if the recent buffs to DOT/Chaos/Poison would bring this Skill back to life. And boy does it perform! This build combines massive DPS and DOT with good survivability, agility and decent clearspeed. Bino's enables us to achieve massive HP regen (>25k/sec) while a legacy Lightning Coil and Acro + Phase Acro provide solid defensive potential. So let's have a look at this..

Viper Strike-Multistrike-VoidManipulation-RapidDecay-MPD-MeleeSplash with Lions Roar and Atziri's Promise (126k DPS)

DOT Calculation: bit.ly/1S6HaUm

This build's gear is very scalable. The initial build was made with 2 Bino's, which are cheap and readily available throughout all leagues. It already performs extremely well with two Bino's.

After a good bit of tinkering with this build I decided to pull the trigger on a mirrored dagger for this build to enhance the overall DPS and therefore the DOT. We therefore now have Sorrow Thirst and a Bino's Kitchen Knife to provide the DPS and the poison prolif we want. To build up a decent defense we chose a legacy Lightning Coil. The rest of the gear is self-explanatory. We want high resistances, life and jewelery wise flat Physical Damage and Crit Chance/Multi. WED has no use for us as we do not run any elemental damage on this build.

Kill them all! - This is our main attack, socketed in a 6L. Viper Strike along with Multistrike, Melee Physical Damage and Melee Splash is the primary source of this build's DPS. The support gems Void Manipulation and Rapid Decay massively enhance our DOT which enables us to achieve massive DOT stacks on bosses and quickly clearing packs.

Relocate and reload - This 4l is for our mobility skill. Whirling Blades alongside Faster Attacks provides fast and easy movement. Fortify enhances our defense while Power Charge on Crit supplies necessary Power Charges.

The backup plan - Your standard CWDT setup. Cast when damage taken linked with Immortal Call, Increased duration and Enfeeble provides protection against short bursts of damage while cursing the targets and therefore reducing incoming damage.

This is our aura set. Purity of Lightning counters the -60% Lightning resistance by our legacy Lightning Coil while Blood Rage provides a substantial attack speed boost. It also is responsible for the generation of our up to 6 Frenzy Charges.

This is one very essential part of this build. Blasphemy alongside Vulnerability and Increased Area of Effect massively enhances the physical damage taken by enemies and our DOT. Enlighten somewhat tames the mana reservation to achieve a higher usable mana pool.

http://bit.ly/1MFpZkQ
We run this build as a scion. Head out to the top left through the life regen nodes towards Shaper and pick up the whole Scion life wheel. Head out to the top right through IAS towards Harrier, True Strike and then upwards picking up Nightstalker, Written in Blood and Growth and Decay. On the shadow side we pick up a lot of crit nodes like Coldhearted Calculation and Adder's Touch. Finish this build by pathing down towards Heartseeker and Fervor. This build totals at 158% life.

Bandits choices
are Kill all - Kill all - Help Kraytin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyjIApYyhdQ
Proof of concept - T9 Arid Lake clear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjIkLR2LoRA
Random T11-T13 boss clears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8lWpgePgT8
Full build walkthrough

More Videos coming soon...
Last edited by Abyssopelagic on Jan 10, 2016, 6:02:59 AM
Last bumped on Apr 3, 2016, 10:47:23 AM
are you sure about scion start? Twin terror, thick skin node and even dervish are handy near duelist. The scion crit node is less good and the life nodes > shadow are meh. Scion life wheel is okish and jewel sockets are handy but I'm not sure...
"Scion life wheel is okish" might be a bit of an understatement. There is basically nothing else that gives you 49%life in such a small area. My main reason to go Scion was the life wheel and the 2% regen right at the start that along with Growth and Decay enables us to sustain Blood Rage.

With Duelist start we would either need to go up to the scion life wheel or head into Marauder area to pick up enough life which in the end would take a ton of inefficient travel nodes to path up to the shadow crit/dot clusters. So from an point efficiency standpoint I think Scion is really the go-to class here. Only other class I could see this do would be Shadow and then path down to Dirty Techniques and Thick skin... but then you might severely lack HP even more (which I already do).
Last edited by Abyssopelagic on Dec 27, 2015, 5:45:52 AM
Just wondering how you are sustaining mana with this build?
"
Knaps wrote:
Just wondering how you are sustaining mana with this build?

0.33% mana leech on a jewel are more than enough to sustain this.

Might be doing a couple more vids over the next few day and will be expanding this guide into a fully fledged build guide (just like my Flicker or my 2H Disfavour Cyclone on Mana Build) so stay tuned!
Just updated this guide a good bit, also uploaded another video with a full clear of the new Caer Bleidd unique Map. Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH2gJrKHfYE
what about dual bino ? would it be good for this build ?
"
kahirota1 wrote:
what about dual bino ? would it be good for this build ?

As stated in the main post: Yep, also works great with dual Bino's.
nice work on the build.

I was wondering why you prefer to run vuln. over assassins mark? Just a preference or do you reckon it outweighs assassins mark?

I'm running a 1h shadow version of viperstrike and it feels like assassins mark is better and provides you with the power charges (can't sustain wb without blood magic atm)
"
Bruderhase wrote:
nice work on the build.

I was wondering why you prefer to run vuln. over assassins mark? Just a preference or do you reckon it outweighs assassins mark?

I'm running a 1h shadow version of viperstrike and it feels like assassins mark is better and provides you with the power charges (can't sustain wb without blood magic atm)

Thank you very much for Your feedback.

Vulnerability is pretty much unbeatable for me as is increases the physical damage monsters take from my hits and therefore increasing the DOT plus the 33% increased DOT itself. I generate Power Charges through my PCoC which works pretty well as we're directly whirling into the packs anyway. I'll be making a full video guide and more clear video within the next couple of days.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info