Essence Drain is way overtuned in PvP

So, I took my chaos caster PvE character into PvP and destroyed most other builds. I mostly lost against other Essence Drain casters. Getting hit with a single Essence Drain projectile is basically a death sentence to most chars, even with 75% Chaos Resistance. There is no way to dispell chaos dots and the only counter seems to be spell block/spell dodge.

I suggest looking into the damage numbers and tune it down a bit.
I'm not sure how essence drain is played in HLD but if it's anything like LLD the projectile is so slow that if you actually get hit by one you deserve to rip.
All the new skills are overtuned, GGG put them in the game without giving them a specific pvp scaling formula.

But Essence Drain and Blade Vortex are the most spectacular of them as they mostly one shot everyone. And no in HLD the projectiles can be quite fast if supported with faster projectile and LMP/GMP. They also have a realy long life so they reach really far and if you get hit and are not CI, it's mostly a death sentence.
Last edited by IceDeal on Dec 19, 2015, 7:34:50 PM
Introducing a chaos dot dispel flask would be ideal, on a side note none of the actual new skills have pvp damage reduction as of now i'm pretty sure. They will most likely need a pvp damage calculation on pair with other skills.

And yes essense drain can be quite fast with fc, echo, gmp supports.

75% chaos resist does nothing considering the amount of chaos dot it deals.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Dec 20, 2015, 12:57:21 PM
Hi there,

I already stopped playing this game due to lots of imbalance, Believe it or not PVP is the worst in this game and thats because the game is having nice dynamic developing and updating.

The game is amazing with very large building choices but its will never be good in PVP :) so just accept that fact

PEACE

"
alshabibi7 wrote:
Hi there,

I already stopped playing this game due to lots of imbalance, Believe it or not PVP is the worst in this game and thats because the game is having nice dynamic developing and updating.

The game is amazing with very large building choices but its will never be good in PVP :) so just accept that fact

PEACE

this guy is f*cking nietzsche guys. such brilliant mind, such reasoning and critic abilities. so good. follow this guy to learn more about life & poe. cause thats what im gonna do
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Yes, the skill's damage seems to be too high, but I don't think it's a very big issue : the battlefield isn't dominated by this kind of character, like it was with explosive arrows one or two months ago. The build is weak to CI, so I don't think we are ever going to have an invasion of essence drain builds, as powerful as they may be.
It was insanly strong because of a bug who added the DoT part of the skill to poison when only the hit part should have.

Since it's been fixed strangely no one is using it anymore.
Last edited by IceDeal on Jan 6, 2016, 8:29:28 AM
Although low level pvp, i just destroyed a ED character with just lightning tendrils... it's probably th easiest spell in the game to dodge away from by simply running. not to mention anyone having CI will instantly win...
"
NotYourMom wrote:
Although low level pvp, i just destroyed a ED character with just lightning tendrils... it's probably th easiest spell in the game to dodge away from by simply running. not to mention anyone having CI will instantly win...

its nerfed long ago
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info