hc talisman lvl 100 revenant summoner (ex scion, witch in ascendancy) (gears & build)

"
bmadfsh wrote:
Could you answers a few questions I have about your build?
Sure.

"
bmadfsh wrote:
-At what tier maps would level 70 revenants start to have trouble with? I recently ripped on an SRS/hybrid summoner and I found that my level 68 flame sentinels were starting to have trouble around tier 5-7, but it may be because only spec'd into 30% minion life.
Never. Just stay near your guys and share your purity. Biggest problem was elemental damage, which got resolved by using purity of elements.

"
bmadfsh wrote:
-How often (or unoften) do your revenants die in T7+ maps?

Never under T10, few times T12+ when something had "curse immune" among with other insane mods.

"
bmadfsh wrote:
-Why do you go for so much life regeneration in the build? Do you believe it is an underestimated defense mechanic?

Having big life regen% is really good when you only get few pieces with flat life. I didn't actually plan to focus my defenses only for regen% initially..

To be noted, most of the regen% comes when traveling to already efficient life% nodes. If you pair huge regen% with tons of chaos res (+30%+) you won't suffer from any ground effects, poison bombs or other nasty things - this is very helpful if you happen to get DC:d.

"
bmadfsh wrote:
-Why go for a hybrid armor/es chest when you can go for a full es chest? On my summoner, I managed to get 7.4k eHP at around level 78 (4k life + 3k ES) but I had literally no armor. It was my first time playing a hybrid build and I'm not sure if it was a mistake or not to go all in on life and es with no physical damage mitigation.

Armour is good. Simple as that. Getting stunned is one of the biggest problems when having 0 armour.

"
bmadfsh wrote:
-Won't the zombies be really squishy without a +2 minion helm?

Kinda. But then again, it doesn't matter. You get to resummon your zombies on the spot if they happen to die.

"
bmadfsh wrote:
-How is the single target/bossing with this build?

Depends. Bosses with respawning adds lets revenants chain which speeds it. It's not really that bad once you figure out some core mechanics (when to teleport the minions to you, what is the automatic teleportation range etc) and positioning tricks.

"
bmadfsh wrote:
-Should we be prioritizing minion life or damage in the jewels?

Minion damage, for sure.

"
bmadfsh wrote:
Thanks in advance! Looking forward to trying out your build.
GL.
last one gear + typo fix before burying this. see u in ascendancy m8s
Hey, first of all, thanks for the guide. I discovered the Summoner with your build and it's really fun to play, reminds me of my time in Diablo 2.

Is it possible for you to make an update for the Ascendancy necromancer ? At least the skill tree ? Now that it's outdated, we can't access the skilltree you made anymore.

Thanks for the awesome work.
"
KsC78 wrote:
Hey, first of all, thanks for the guide. I discovered the Summoner with your build and it's really fun to play, reminds me of my time in Diablo 2.

Is it possible for you to make an update for the Ascendancy necromancer ? At least the skill tree ? Now that it's outdated, we can't access the skilltree you made anymore.

Thanks for the awesome work.

I'll do that later today. Currently running the build in the Ascendancy and it's stronger with 5L than it was with 6L - ascendancy nodes are insane.
I'm super confused. Isn't this a scion build? Scion doesn't have Necromancer.

wtf is going on here :O
"
DieKao wrote:
I'm super confused. Isn't this a scion build? Scion doesn't have Necromancer.

wtf is going on here :O

the build used to be scion build (back in hc tali) but as of ascendancy release, there's almost no point going scion. someone asked for a updated build so i just updated for the one that i'm currently running. the thread wasn't meant to be in-depth guide but just a gear/build listing for time being.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info