[IN DEPTH] 2.2 Crit LA/Blastrain Voltaxic - Hardcore/SC Viable

"
Rubinjo wrote:
"
For a six-link I believe Void Manipulation may be the best, but I have not been able to test this out. I think that the reduction to elemental damage occurs after the conversion to chaos, which means it will only nerf your non-lightning converted damage (if you have flat fire/cold anywhere on gear), but I have not been able to test this yet. It seems to work fine on Blast Rain though.

Has this been discussed here yet? I believe the elemental reduction of Void Manipulation unfortunately happens before conversion to chaos. I have significantly lower damage with 25% reduced elemental / 35% more chaos than 28% more Slower Projectiles. (Only a minor portion in my calculation is physical, other part is pure lightning/chaos.)

From what I've tested, I don't believe this is the case, but I will attempt to confirm tonight. If you look at your tooltip, your chaos damage should be higher with void manipulation, but I could be wrong.
"

From what I've tested, I don't believe this is the case, but I will attempt to confirm tonight. If you look at your tooltip, your chaos damage should be higher with void manipulation, but I could be wrong.

This IS the case, but VM is still a GREAT gem, unless you have something like 100% increased total damage (and in that case, your DPS just SUCKZZZZZ anyway).

Poison gem can also greatly improve single-target damage, cause you dont use single-target skills to oneshot things....
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

This IS the case, but VM is still a GREAT gem, unless you have something like 100% increased total damage (and in that case, your DPS just SUCKZZZZZ anyway).

Poison gem can also greatly improve single-target damage, cause you dont use single-target skills to oneshot things....

Awesome thank you for the input, I really like the Void Manipulation gem personally, and I think you're right about poison being linked to blast rain.
What about full yolo with Rat's Nest and Maligaros?
"
Rorinko wrote:
What about full yolo with Rat's Nest and Maligaros?

I think you could run that on standard but personally I would run snakebite gloves instead.
I'm a bit confused. Why do you get Master Of The Arena? Are bow attacks considered as melee physical attack dmg? Or do you just want to get the 1% extra life regen and strength?
I assume it's about the life reg, right?
"
inn0s wrote:
I'm a bit confused. Why do you get Master Of The Arena? Are bow attacks considered as melee physical attack dmg? Or do you just want to get the 1% extra life regen and strength?
I assume it's about the life reg, right?

1% regen
20 Strength

I think its just convenient for the build.
k.
I'm rather new to poe and I thought that it could be possible that melee phy dmg might be also applied to bows. Even though it sounds stupid.
Allright. All working well. But how to gain power Charges ? Cheers
"
Virthuz wrote:
Allright. All working well. But how to gain power Charges ? Cheers

From your Curse on Hit setup with Herald of Thunder, killing a shocked enemy will proc Herald Of Thunder, which will curse mobs it hits with Assassin's Mark, then killing cursed enemies has a chance to grant power charges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info