[IN DEPTH] 2.2 Crit LA/Blastrain Voltaxic - Hardcore/SC Viable

"
tokyotapes wrote:

Frenzy DPS is pretty good, about 50k tooltip buffed. The main reason I run that over blast rain or tornado shot is reliable frenzy uptime in groups. I am usually partied up in 3-4 man groups so blood rage isn't always reliable enough to keep them up. If solo or in a smaller group I would consider dropping frenzy for something else and letting blood rage do the rest.

As far as Innervate, it's def my 6th link and hopefully I'll get there eventually. Again, this kind of goes back to the group dynamic where Innervate could very well be better for solo or 2 person groups. In large parties with big monster life pools, killing while shocked and consistently getting the onslaught proc isn't guaranteed.

Okay, cool. I feel like Void Manipulation may be a good option to consider for 6th link as well. I will have to get one first and do some testing, but it seems like the conversion is very potent.
So I just hit 90 yesterday (in SC Tali) and I love this build.
Doing some pretty risky maps I finally hit 90.

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree

I experiemented alot with the tree and for SC I hate going for the scion lifewheel..its so far away and I think I'm fine with 5k HP and LC.
It takes some skill, but so far I did up to tier 13 maps with relative ease, I died a couple times to my driver failing (AMD -.-) and ONE oneshot from a beyond mob that I still don't understand since I died in under 0,5sec.
Aside from that, pretty much everything is doable, my gear is not super good, alot of improvement can be made.
I think its possible to hit 5,5K HP without the scion wheel.
Sitting @17K LA DPS with 7frenzy and 3power.
I really want the acendency calss trees now... Voltaxic with higher basecrit will be insane.
AH and I did Atziri like 4 times, 3 of them deathless pretty easy on this char.

cheers
EXALTS>EXAMS
"
skieZ wrote:
So I just hit 90 yesterday (in SC Tali) and I love this build.
Doing some pretty risky maps I finally hit 90.

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree

I experiemented alot with the tree and for SC I hate going for the scion lifewheel..its so far away and I think I'm fine with 5k HP and LC.
It takes some skill, but so far I did up to tier 13 maps with relative ease, I died a couple times to my driver failing (AMD -.-) and ONE oneshot from a beyond mob that I still don't understand since I died in under 0,5sec.
Aside from that, pretty much everything is doable, my gear is not super good, alot of improvement can be made.
I think its possible to hit 5,5K HP without the scion wheel.
Sitting @17K LA DPS with 7frenzy and 3power.
I really want the acendency calss trees now... Voltaxic with higher basecrit will be insane.
AH and I did Atziri like 4 times, 3 of them deathless pretty easy on this char.

cheers

Nice man, I am glad you're having fun with the build. I am currently doing some restructuring of the passive tree to make it more hardcore friendly (mostly phase acrobatics) and dropping some nodes I didn't find 100% useful (sorry chaos damage nodes =\)

I don't think in a hardcore setting this build will work for Atziri, but that was never my intention anyway. It's good to know that it is possible though, good work bro!
Last edited by Thisisnotsully on Dec 23, 2015, 3:40:22 PM
Great Guide!

I started as Shadow however and now I'm struggling a little with my life pool, however I'm still experimenting on the Tree.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABS0FtQ2ND6sWvxmKIXYi6iPTI_YkiySdJP0mlSoLMHwx-jY9N9Q51D7PQzFHfkkTSn1M_02STipRR1VLVYVW-luvXfJh4mJaYqxlTWqMbIxtbHBSdO11y3b3eu99dX8rhNmGzod2idOJ4Iw2jX2Nfo2_kx-XBp2qoJ-i2aXLsNi1SLe2u-O9Nr3mvqfBM8FJwzrEosgUyNzTftQj1oraweOf5ljnVOjW6mLtP-4O9W_8xf4d_rr_3g==

Dunno what to go for now to be honest. I'm doing really good on maps but still I'm very low on DPS.

Tooltip DPS LA: 10,5k (5,8k with just Auras)
Blast Rain: 12,8k (7,5k just Auras)

And one time I tried Apex of Sacrifice, because I felt (over)confident by easily doing the maps...
I failed miserably at the first boss already.

Any Suggestions?
IGN: RampageXEzekiel
"
Rakinos231 wrote:
Great Guide!

I started as Shadow however and now I'm struggling a little with my life pool, however I'm still experimenting on the Tree.

Dunno what to go for now to be honest. I'm doing really good on maps but still I'm very low on DPS.

Spoiler

Tooltip DPS LA: 10,5k (5,8k with just Auras)
Blast Rain: 12,8k (7,5k just Auras)

And one time I tried Apex of Sacrifice, because I felt (over)confident by easily doing the maps...
I failed miserably at the first boss already.

Any Suggestions?

So you are missing flat lightning on some slots (ring, quiver, gloves) which would help a bit (btw that amulet is AWESOME!)

Youre best options for increases in DPS are picking up another jewel socket and putting in another Static Elecricity Jewel and also grabbing the Arcing Blows clusters. Other than that your DPS seems fine for your gear.
Last edited by Thisisnotsully on Dec 24, 2015, 11:11:26 PM
I'm thinking of grabbing Alpha's howl and running HoT/wrath/AA, but I'm worried about mana issues, it seems I will have around 88 mana, and LA currently costs 49. Anyone test it out?
Thanks for the reply!

I just noticed I forgot putting the Arcing blow nodes in, I actually got them already :D

And yeah lucky me, with that Amulet :D
Hello Man!

I'm currently trying this build and it's awesome!!,

a question though. Can I wear a physical Doryani's belt if I am going for lightning coil? I think that would be pretty good because Lightning coil converts 30% of the phys into lightning dmg. but what do you think?
"
Hello Man!

I'm currently trying this build and it's awesome!!,

a question though. Can I wear a physical Doryani's belt if I am going for lightning coil? I think that would be pretty good because Lightning coil converts 30% of the phys into lightning dmg. but what do you think?

I think Physical Doryani's for the Damage is worse than the Lightning one, since the build offers barely any %phys dmg. The leech for lightning though wouldn't be effective because we have no Lightning Damage, just Chaos. As for the physical part, my Tooltip for LA says, 27-80 Phys damage, so the life leech there wouldn't really be noticable.

Also Lightning Coil converts the damage TAKEN, so the physical damage you recieve will convert to lightning damage. It sounded like it was unclear in your text, sorry if not.
Hey man,
really awesome build you created here.

I'm currently playing it on my 3rd char on Tali SC League and it playes really nice and smooth.
I even think it does more damage than my Mjolner build :D.

Gear

CurrentLevel84Skilltree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4FLQW1BfkGcAguDY0OSA-rEZYWvxmKGY4Z1yF2I_YkiyT9JpUqCzB8MfoyATY9N9Q51DqzPs9DMUd-Sn1M_02STipOn1FHVUtVhVoaW69d8l-wYeJirGVNZ6BsjG1sb55wUnTtdct293p_fXV_K4TFhNmGzod2idOMNo19jX6Nv5AKk5WXBpsmm42btZ2qoJ-jiqXLrTOyGbVIt7a74702vea-p8EzwUnDM8M6xKLI3MpKz3rTftQj2sHjn-dU6mLtP-2D7g7vevzF_h3-ug==

MaybeLevel100Skilltree?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4FLQW1BfkGcAguDY0OSA-rEZYWvxmKGY4Z1yF2I_YkiyT9JpUqCzBxMHwx-jIBNj031DnUOkI6sz7PQzFHfkp9S1dLeEz_TZJOKk6fUUdVS1WFWhpbr13yX7Bh4mHrYqxlTWegbIxtbG-ecFJ07XXLdvd3B3pTen99dX8rgwmExYTZhs6HE4d2idOMNo19jX6Nv5AKk5WXBpsmm42btZyknaqgn6OKpHily60zshm1SLe2u-O9Nr3mvqfA48EzwUnB1cMzwzrEosjcykrPetN-1CPawd2o3vjjn-cK51TqYu0_7YPuDu968bP8xf4d_ro=

I took the poison notes because I thought it is wort it, espicially for single target damage.
If i can get my hands on a 6L i even would try the Poison gem, cause we can hit single targets like 10 times a second, it would mean a lot of poison damage. Maybe I even try to swap it out with Innervate because we can get Onslought from our Daresso's, what's your idea about this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info