[2.3.0] Bauer's "Son of Kaom" Oro's Sacrifice and Infernal Blow build (SC, endgame & Atziri viable)

Currently on Merciless Act 2. I play on party with my sister, who uses Blast Rain build. That character also has Flammability curse aura, so these characters synergize well. Currently characters are level 59, so Oro is around corner.

If you are planning to make this, make sure that you have some good leveling weapons or take some damage nodes on tree and later regret them. I took the first option and it was painful. Unique swords aren't that good and I used Geofri's Baptism for some time, and that item hasn't aged well. Luckily I had quite good sword in my stash, that I equipped before Cruel Malachai, so that should be good until I get Oro.

I took the Impact from Slayer Ascendancy first. That sure helped a lot, as I could take the Melee Splash out and put something else, like Weapon Elemental Damage. I also didn't plan to use Multistrike, because I don't like it that much, so I plan to use Fire Penetration. I don't have enough currency for six link Oro, so I five linked it. Plan was to use Infernal Blow, Faster Attacks, Blood Magic, Weapon Elemental Damage and Fire Penetration.

Edit: I filmed a little showcase video. https://youtu.be/LRnYdCF94M8
Last edited by RaivokasMagma on May 16, 2016, 11:08:33 AM
Forget it, my explorer's issue..
Last edited by seanymph on May 18, 2016, 10:11:30 AM
Hey I'd like to see a video or some damage number screenshots
"
RaivokasMagma wrote:
Currently on Merciless Act 2. I play on party with my sister, who uses Blast Rain build. That character also has Flammability curse aura, so these characters synergize well. Currently characters are level 59, so Oro is around corner.

If you are planning to make this, make sure that you have some good leveling weapons or take some damage nodes on tree and later regret them. I took the first option and it was painful. Unique swords aren't that good and I used Geofri's Baptism for some time, and that item hasn't aged well. Luckily I had quite good sword in my stash, that I equipped before Cruel Malachai, so that should be good until I get Oro.

I took the Impact from Slayer Ascendancy first. That sure helped a lot, as I could take the Melee Splash out and put something else, like Weapon Elemental Damage. I also didn't plan to use Multistrike, because I don't like it that much, so I plan to use Fire Penetration. I don't have enough currency for six link Oro, so I five linked it. Plan was to use Infernal Blow, Faster Attacks, Blood Magic, Weapon Elemental Damage and Fire Penetration.

Thanks for the insight, dude. Your build is looking pretty sweet! Since I reused an old character and never really played from stratch with this build in mind, I'm not able to help people with the leveling process, it's good to hear the do's and don'ts from someone who knows.
"
Baryboo wrote:
Hey I'd like to see a video or some damage number screenshots

I could promise to do that once Prophecy hits the servers. Right now I don't even have the game installed, since I've been fed up with it from constant play. I never recorded gameplay before, do you know a good way to do it? I think it would be interesting to show you guys what this build can do.

Anyway, as I state on the OP, I have around 50k damage right now. Remember that we're talking 50k damage in an area so big it can clear your entire screen in a couple of seconds. It might not be as high as those 100k+ DPSers out there, but it can clear a map very quickly.
Last edited by MrVBauer on May 23, 2016, 8:57:23 PM
"
RaivokasMagma wrote:

Use multistrike your build looks so slow to me, i got slayer version of this build lvl 89
"
Kurotsume wrote:

Use multistrike your build looks so slow to me, i got slayer version of this build lvl 89

Not a fan of Multistrike. For some reason I just don't like it. I find my character to be fast enough, as I have good control over it, which is nice on Labyrinth. My last character was faster and I had too many accidental deaths there, because of the speed.
Hey dudes, I might update this shit for Atlas of Worlds. Might even record some gameplay footage to help people decide on the how fun the build is, as requested. I didn't even get the 2 extra points in the lategame labirynth or the correct enchantments on my gear, since I've been away for quite a while. Also, the patch notes seem to suggest that Melee Splash will get a substantial buff, which is great for us.

Keep on trucking, I'll be in touch.
Still playing this build, because there really hasn't been tempting builds, no time and lack of motivation to start new build. Currently at level 91 and doing Atlas. I doubt I don't have chance against higher tier bosses, but everything's possible?

Addition of end game labyrinth gave nice buff. I'm using Slayer ascendancy with Impact and Brutal Fevour. After I did end game lab, I picked Bane of Legends. 20 second Onslaught after killing rare monsters or uniques is good for clear speed. Also culling strike on 20% health is so sweet. So much splatting.

My character isn't the most optimal. I think if I invest more time on my gear, I might be able to tackle higher level content. Currently I'd say my character is great for labyrinth farming, both regular and end game.

I'd say bosses are biggest trouble. Might be my gear and "melee sucks", but durability and endurance during long fights isn't best.

But still, one hell of a enjoyable build.
Hey man. Thank you for the great stuff. Very much expect at 2.4 continuation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info