How i designed my unique - Skyforth Sorcerer Boots

The Aura reservation is there specifically for 1 thing. 6% specifically

It enables Lowlife builds to run 2x 50% auras on Life with a level 21 blood magic, level 4 enlighten and no +1 all gems while SKIPPING any aura cluster when using conqueror's efficiency.

When adding +1 all gems it removes the requirement of conqueror's efficiency, allowing 2x50% auras on life while skipping 1 aura cluster (namely the aura cluster below duelist).

Because you skip that aura cluster, you can also skip Unwavering stance because you're getting stun based on mana.

Since you're getting stun based on mana, you get more mana on boots.

Since you're going to be on the upper part of the tree, you're getting a shit ton of potential crit and power charges. CI is almost always Crit, Lowlife is almost always crit.

Thus power charges on crit.

I mean i did go after other mods like 2% elemental damage leeched as life on critical strike and it got rejected and shit.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
I watched your video, saw all of your emails and stuff. I just wonder -- what did you do differently than this guy? What did you do that made GGG okay with your unique that was different with this guy? GGG has changed the rarity of items before; why wasn't blood dance for example just made t1 instead of a huge nerf?

On Dyadian Dawn.
"

- No luck again. GGG now says there's a skill gem coming up that rewards slow big hits already so they don't want any too powerful bonuses. And they don't want to limit APS due to too many horrible implications. They now suggest an item that just applies a new DOT debuff similar to ignite.
- GGG replies stating they like the Endurance / Frenzy charges item. They'd rather have it as a belt as they have too many helms. On the old idea of reduced elemental resistances, idea is far too powerful and would rather have it as Elemental Weakness applied on hit or as an aura.
- End Sep. Fine. Tired as hell, I'll take one last go at this. I rethink the thing and ask for a belt that faster burning damage and gives block against chilled enemies (ie: fire gets an offense boost while cold gets a defensive boost)

- End October. More concept art. GGG says they like the idea but it's too powerful. They give ideas to nerf it such as replacing block with leech or - x physical damage taken per attack from chilled enemies.

Killed Core boss - lv93 Disfavour Cycloner - waiting for achievement to be fixed please..
"
DD321123 wrote:
I watched your video, saw all of your emails and stuff. I just wonder -- what did you do differently than this guy? What did you do that made GGG okay with your unique that was different with this guy? GGG has changed the rarity of items before; why wasn't blood dance for example just made t1 instead of a huge nerf?

On Dyadian Dawn.
"

- No luck again. GGG now says there's a skill gem coming up that rewards slow big hits already so they don't want any too powerful bonuses. And they don't want to limit APS due to too many horrible implications. They now suggest an item that just applies a new DOT debuff similar to ignite.
- GGG replies stating they like the Endurance / Frenzy charges item. They'd rather have it as a belt as they have too many helms. On the old idea of reduced elemental resistances, idea is far too powerful and would rather have it as Elemental Weakness applied on hit or as an aura.
- End Sep. Fine. Tired as hell, I'll take one last go at this. I rethink the thing and ask for a belt that faster burning damage and gives block against chilled enemies (ie: fire gets an offense boost while cold gets a defensive boost)

- End October. More concept art. GGG says they like the idea but it's too powerful. They give ideas to nerf it such as replacing block with leech or - x physical damage taken per attack from chilled enemies.

I don't really buy the notion that you are allowed to make anything you want as long as you let GGG gate it behind T1 rarity. Is there a single prior supporter who would not trade rarity for a super powered unique? The game would be flooded these items like these if it were the case because most supporters want their items to be groundbreaking and overpowered.

More so, I'd be interested to hear from some of these supporters and their dealings with GGG specifically with regards to balancing power vs rarity.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
Spoiler
"
DD321123 wrote:

On Dyadian Dawn.
"

I don't really buy the notion that you are allowed to make anything you want as long as you let GGG gate it behind T1 rarity. Is there a single prior supporter who would not trade rarity for a super powered unique? The game would be flooded these items like these if it were the case because most supporters want their items to be groundbreaking and overpowered.

More so, I'd be interested to hear from some of these supporters and their dealings with GGG specifically with regards to balancing power vs rarity.

Yea, it also still bugs me. Because no matter how you explain it... this item is too powerful in comparision to other stuff. It ruins reason behind using many others and lacks balance with current game but..... it all just apply to current state. What if they allowed him this bonuses because they are not such a big deal with the upcoming changes after Ascendency ?? Subclasses or maybe so other stuff can overthrough our current state of the game so this unique might be just a small test to see what players could do with them.

What do you people think ?

Cheers,
Abe
"
"
Darth_Silegy wrote:
Man, I hate this item. It's actually good. I want to see people pay thousands of dollars just to get so much disrespect they will quit the game like Myrmi, not this.

That has to be one of the nastiest things I've ever seen on these forums, and I've seen it all. I'm sorry nobody knows you and that you have to attack high-end supporters just to get noticed.

Pathetic.

Sorry for the slight derail, Skyforth, but this person made me almost physically gag in disgust.

satire mate. SATIRE. You shamed someone for highlighting the hypocrisy of people complaining when a supporter unique is actually good.

on topic: these boots, like many other items are a bit beyond my reach so won't have much bearing on my game. They do seem pretty cool, though!
Since I chanced these boots, should I save for a shav's before making a low life character?
And what type of lowlife character is ideal? Spectral throw?
Anyways I'm excited I got these. I'm not rich in this game and I could sell these for a pretty penny but I play it for the "funs". Like you said earlier if someone gets them they would probably rather play with them than sell and that's spot on for me.
"
absolutefury wrote:
Since I chanced these boots, should I save for a shav's before making a low life character?
And what type of lowlife character is ideal? Spectral throw?
Anyways I'm excited I got these. I'm not rich in this game and I could sell these for a pretty penny but I play it for the "funs". Like you said earlier if someone gets them they would probably rather play with them than sell and that's spot on for me.

I think you should put them to good use.

low-life does not require a Shavronne's Wrappings, since this is in the game:

ideal yes, but not required.

try to do Wander. Siphon and K.Blast away with something like a

and a bunch of auras.
played it and it's great fun even without low-life, so it would be even more fun for you with some extra auras on HP.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I for one think these boots are great. It's been too long since we've gotten an actually desirable endgame unique instead of the usual leveling stuff (which don't get me wrong is great since I hate leveling).

Even for a life build without extra power charges it basically gives 150% crit chance and lets me run coh hoi ontop of anger and hatred.
2015 was a wasted year for this game, IMO GGG is lucky there is still a devoted niche base that's around to support this company, and so PoE is still perceived as a game on 'solid' footing, for now.

I commend you for being one of, if not the only one, who somehow found a way to convince a bunch of terrible designers and balancing guys to get a true T1 unique into this stale and rundown version of a game that at one point, almost rivaled D1 & D2... you know, like during those days where finding true T1 uniques like old Kaoms, Shavs actually meant something and players looked forward to when good shit actually dropped (when GGG actually had creativity and boldness).

Not like for the past year, where 99.99% of drops including the heaps of uniques that have come in to this game, are nothing but useless vendor waste. And the new stupid fad, called divination cards, aka the watered, dumbed down and gimmicky version of 'high end' supporter/GGG design.

This is what's this game has come down to, and the fact that you are probably the only one, out of all those poor schmucks, produced an item like this... says a lot about your efforts.

And proves further how terrible and inconsistent GGG Q/A and balance team are, as I'm sure not every supporter's first choice was to add an irrelevant piece of shit item to a game that has plenty already.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info