[2.4] Thor's Thunderblunt Mjölner Discharge (Uber & Shaper Viable)

"
niklasson wrote:
I Don't know why but I just feel like the dps isn't that good, I played with fakener and had 44k ish discharge dmg and as mjölner I'm at around 16k or so, is there a way to increase my dps alot?

I also have ran a fakerner character. Fakener does a bit more damage, because that is it's function/purpose. Mjolner builds are more defensive due to Kingsguard and not having to focus on base crit. With that said, I've never heard anyone say Mjolner Discharge DPS is not that good - with the amount of procs it has even at 4k tooltip you have more than enough to absolutely rip through end game content. Good way to increase your damage is Iron Will, Maligaro's Virtuosity/Voidbringer, and Righteous Fire.

"
I'm trying to do this build in talisman league. Is it worth spending 30ex on acuity?
I can manage it but it costs a lot...

Acuity is my personal choice because it is great when swapping in Life Leech, but no it's not mandatory - in fact Maligaro's Virtuosity/Voidbringer will provide more damage. If you wanna be cautious just use one of those and make up for the life/int on your tree/other gear.
Sincerely,
Ren
Uber Atziri & Mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1187517
Spectral Throw Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1692620
Mjolner Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1519485
"
Elzad wrote:
"
Elzad wrote:
"
hellfurian wrote:
This guide is awesome, very solid and fun build. You should add intuitive leap to the jewels section. With intuitive leap south of duelist you get Vigour (endurance charge), Revelry, Golem's Blood, Cloth and Chain it saves a TON of passives. west of marauder you can use another one to get Juggernaut, Stamina (another end charge), and Barbarism. The best one is west of templar you get Devotion, Power + End Charge. very worth the investment!

I recently got my hands on a Mjolner and am excited to start such a build. Still need to get Voll's Devotion but I figure I will get started now. Anyways I came across the OP's build that uses Kingsguard but also came across Hellfurian's build that uses Lightning Coil. Both of these builds seem very strong and I'm sort of torn as to which way to go.

So what are both of your viewpoints (OP and Hellfurian) on each other's build? Kingsguard seem to be great in the sense that the endurance charges will heal and are used for discharge, but using Lighting Coil you can avoid 30% of incoming damage with high/capped lightning resists. I'm impressed with the high armor that OP's build offers, but also like the fact that Hellfurian build you can get elemental resists real high and all those auras. What are the strengths/weaknesses of your respective builds, if you have an opinion on it. For a newbie mjolner user, which would you recommend?

So just an update since trying this build. I finally got my Templar to level 80 and it has been a quick and fast leveling process. The Discharge just blows through packs of mobs like paper, in fact, he very often just Leap Slams into a pack of mobs and they blow up! lol He's got all the required gear (Kingsguard, Voll's Devotion, Romira's) and I've slotted Life Leach on Mjolner and LGoH instead of Fortify (which I've slotted on my shield with Leap Slam/FA) and he is pretty much able to face tank all the unique bosses I've come across up to T7 maps (still trying to get my hands on higher level maps). This is the most fun build I've played AND both hits hard and is durable...tired of my previous glass cannon builds lol.

I just started to experiment a bit with the passives and last night was able to respec a few passives so I can sustain Righteous Fire. I've always liked the concept of RF and since you have to be up close for Molten Strike to hit RF just seems like it would synergize well. Instead of going Annihilation and Arcane Potency (crit nodes Witch area) I put them into Combat Stamina and Arsonist and also took the life regen nodes at Templar starting area. I still need to get a few more life regen nodes by the Scion starting area to fully sustain RF but for now am using Vitality aura. Oh and I switched to Rise of the Phoenix instead of Safell's. Seems like its fine if not better since i'm still getting lots of discharges to proc. I'll probably focus on getting health nodes now and just skip the crit nodes altogether unless i'm missing something? The 50%+ more spell damage while RF is up is pretty nice. The only problem with this setup is my lightning resist is now below 75% (instead of 83% with PoL & Safells's). Depending on the fight, I'll just have to not run RF and go back to OP's standard setup (PoL, PoF, Grace) or Grace, PoL and Blasphemy/Enfeeble.

Anyways, thanks for posting your build and answering questions. I'm gonna focus on getting this toon to level 100...which will be my first lol.

No problem, I'm glad I could help! If you have any more questions feel free to post here or message me in-game. (Here is easier since I afk a lot in game). This build is a great option for reaching level 100 because of it's durability :). Just be careful around -max res T15s, keep them flasks up haha.
Sincerely,
Ren
Uber Atziri & Mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1187517
Spectral Throw Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1692620
Mjolner Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1519485
Hiya,

I wanna say thanks very much for the great build. I'm currently at lvl 76. I started basic thunderblunt at level 62 as the mjolner was usable and the 5 link belly of the beast chest segued from legacy FB cycloning
Spoiler

to MJ discharge a piece of the proverbial.
Spoiler

I found a good roll pair of repentance crusaders at an affordable price
Spoiler
see no reduced spell damage! I just don't see how repentence can be usable unless you manage to jag a no spell damage roll because as you pointed out there are few if any of the things a player needs in a pair of 60+ gloves on repentance aside from the built in global Iron Will - yeah the armour and ES are OK but the lack of attributes and/or resistances makes em a tough pick generally.

There is no doubt my life is too low (2458 plus 810 shield) for me to safely play at 80 until I beef the life I reckon. I've been lucky to be fast with my surgeon's eternal life flask of staunching and I have Fire resist capped at 81% and lightning and ice capped at 80% courtesy of a quite good old Saffell's I picked up a while ago.

At the moment the rig runs without the insistent 'neediness' of any other build I've had that can waste big rare mobs AND I'm running +9% quantity and +53% rarity before I even roll or chisel my maps which I find amazing even tho it is likely to be short lived when I start scrambling for more hp.

So thanks again for a fun build.
@Rexire How good would it be if I'd use repentance gloves and add increased crit damage to the mjölner link or which gem would be the best to increase dmg?
"
niklasson wrote:
@Rexire How good would it be if I'd use repentance gloves and add increased crit damage to the mjölner link or which gem would be the best to increase dmg?

lightning penetration
I do have one question...how are you able to get your resists so high?

Starting with 75% capped resists, I get another 4% from non-legacy Safell's, 4% from my gems (they are only lvl 18 but +2 from Alpha's Howl they are level 20). And if I factor in the 10% from flasks, the highest I can get is 93%. Once I get my gems to lvl 21, I can get another 1%. So that still is just 94%. I must be missing something.
Can u explain why dont we take power charge on merciless and additional endurance from tree?
"
Elzad wrote:
I do have one question...how are you able to get your resists so high?

Starting with 75% capped resists, I get another 4% from non-legacy Safell's, 4% from my gems (they are only lvl 18 but +2 from Alpha's Howl they are level 20). And if I factor in the 10% from flasks, the highest I can get is 93%. Once I get my gems to lvl 21, I can get another 1%. So that still is just 94%. I must be missing something.

The flask effect nodes, when all three are taken, give you an additional 3% max resists while your flask is up. Once your purity gems are 20, you'll hit 98 fire and 97 lightning (with flasks active).
IGN: ProbablyDischarge
Ty for guide, the best passive tree on the forums. I think if you got like level 100 and crazy gear could go EB + MOM with es on hit jewels but seems overkill mostly.

The new repentance gloves are pretty insane allows a very versatile mjolner setup:
Lightning Penetration / Crit Strikes my personals favorites currently 97.

Uber and core was a cake walk:

view-thread/1694128 Explosive Arrow 2.4 Pathfinder STD League
view-thread/1765907 CI Claw Reave Assassin 2.4 Endgame STD League
GMT +2
just a short question, why not use wild strike or lightning strike instead molten strike?

thx alot for this guide, playing it on league atm :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info