Problem launching the game

Well, i don't know if this is the right place to post this, but since i can't find a place to post problems, i'll post it here. Any moderador can feel free to move to the right place.

Anyway, i have a problem launching the game... i have already downloaded it. When i double click the icon in desktop, some error message appears, one after another:

1- The D3D device has a non-zero referecen count, meaning some objects were not released;
2- Failed resetting Direct3D device objects;
3- DXUTCreateDevice failed.

So, any help to correct this would be greatly apreciated.

EDIT: I've been searching the forum and web about this problem... and i've seen something related to Shader Model 3.0. So, my graphic card is an Intel GMA 3100, anyone knows if it supports the Shader Model 3.0? Or i have to buy a new one? =/

Thanks.
Last edited by Theologist on Dec 22, 2011, 6:33:06 AM
You need to update your video card drivers, as they do not support Pixel Shader 3.0 without Intel's updated drivers.

Found Here:http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/graphics/intelg965/

It's a known issue with that chipset, the chipset itself supports them, yet the drivers did not until they were updated by Intel.
Last edited by xendhaius on Dec 22, 2011, 10:01:23 AM
"
xendhaius wrote:
You need to update your video card drivers, as they do not support Pixel Shader 3.0 without Intel's updated drivers.

Found Here:http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/graphics/intelg965/

It's a known issue with that chipset, the chipset itself supports them, yet the drivers did not until they were updated by Intel.

I guess i'm missing something... because my chipset is already updated. And it's not a g965, is a G33/G31 one, and i'm using Windows XP if that helps in anything.

EDIT: I've been reading some other topics in the web, and they say i cannot upgrade those shader things... i need to buy a new video card. That's true then? :S
Last edited by Theologist on Dec 22, 2011, 12:32:40 PM
I'm having the same problem, i'm running a via/s3g unichrome pro igp on vista (i know it sucks, but works on d2 using d3d) do we need to get new video cards?
hack and slash =)
I've tried 3d analyser and it didn't work either, is there a way to run this game using a low-end video card?

-swiftshader didn't work either
hack and slash =)
Last edited by jurunas on Jan 12, 2012, 9:49:29 AM
Theologist, jurunas: both of you have very old graphics cards that do not support Shader Model 3.0, which is required to run Path of Exile.

Neither of you will be able to play without buying new graphics cards.

You haven't posted any other system specs, but if you computer is old, you may need to upgrade other parts as well. For example, the game also requires at least 2GB of RAM.
Code warrior
Rhys: thnks for taking the time to help us out ^^ I was planning to buy a new pc anyways. Guess the timing couldn't be better =) ty again and cya.
hack and slash =)
interesting, cuz I have very old laptop - satellite l40-17s with gma 965 / x3100 and it runs PoE just fine. FPS is not outstanding (about 15-25) but playable

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info