(3.0) Best PIERCE LA + BaRrage Guide for Atlas of World (With Video)

"
SilverWF wrote:

Maybe, but this is far from being double or triple damage boost: only + ~30% for hi-res monsters
Also, with it you are forced to avoid 1 more maptypes: ele reflect. Also, maps with elem prolif and light/cold crazy res buffs becomes extremely boring.
So, dunno...

you are not familiar with penetration mechanics do you :D. i exaggerated a bit with triple damage (that would require elemental penetration gem) but for example vs shaper//guardians (40% res) when you deal 100k damage its 60k after resists, and with penetration i have (34) its 94k = 56% MORE damage (multiplies your dps). and vs high resistant stuff (65+) it doubles the damage 79/35=1.97.
and you tried to diss it for ele equilibrium maps//high res maps, and thats where it shines its only +30% damage from monsters with zero lightning resistance (and there are no such monsters accodring to poedb).
from my observations t14//t15 ele//chaos resistant bossess were taking much longer to kill with volt + poison than it takes to do it with ripper + penetration

ele reflect was already pain with voltaxic. it was doable but i had to swap wrath for purity of lightning and even with it + vinktar i sometimes dropped myself to low hp (i use vaal pact).
so it doesnt matter if its voltaxic or ripper reflect is still huge risk in both cases
Last edited by soilwork3r on Oct 21, 2016, 4:01:27 AM
Can anyone please check my char "MiranaIsMyName" and tell me whats wrong about it?

I messed up with the chest, by accidentally using jewellers orb instead of chromatic and broke the 5 link - but its not the case

The main question is why am I nowhere near the damage output that other builds provide?
Why am i getting one-shotted from a freaking essence monster.
Why is the LA damage tooltip at 45-50k with chalice + bloodrage on?

Before I was using neversinks tornado shot build and my dps was close to 70k and i still couldnt do T11-T13 maps. I hoped that with this build i would, but it seems to be more failing for me than the previous one.

Thanks to everyone that can help me.
Last edited by armik_npc on Oct 21, 2016, 12:53:52 PM
"
armik_npc wrote:
Can anyone please check my char "MiranaIsMyName" and tell me whats wrong about it?

I messed up with the chest, by accidentally using jewellers orb instead of chromatic and broke the 5 link - but its not the case

The main question is why am I nowhere near the damage output that other builds provide?

Before I was using neversinks tornado shot build and my dps was close to 70k and i still couldnt do T11-T13 maps. I hoped that with this build i would, but it seems to be more failing for me than the previous one.

6 links goes a long long long way. It's a huge jump. And make sure to have cap resist.
"
armik_npc wrote:

okay i just checked you character.. you will not be able to do high maps efficiently with a four link.. no builds will be able to do it efficiently with a 4 link..
and also try to get ele damage on weapons on your jewelries. lastly, again try to get a 5 link atleast.. or buy a 6 link, they are only like 20 chaos atm...... save up for a six link, tahts what im suggesting, buy the cards or something.

6 link armour cards are super cheap. at 90 im pretty sure you have atleast 30c.
Last edited by Rho378 on Oct 21, 2016, 4:01:49 PM
"
Rho378 wrote:
"
armik_npc wrote:

okay i just checked you character.. you will not be able to do high maps efficiently with a four link.. no builds will be able to do it efficiently with a 4 link..
and also try to get ele damage on weapons on your jewelries. lastly, again try to get a 5 link atleast.. or buy a 6 link, they are only like 20 chaos atm...... save up for a six link, tahts what im suggesting, buy the cards or something.

I bought a 6 link voltarix and linked it the same way you told me. The LA damage is around 30.,5k in hideout with 2 auras turned on and ice golem

I dont know why youre referring to the body armour if my LA is in a 6 link voltarix bow just like this guide requires. I was planning to buy a 6 link body armour for the Blast rain but gave up when I saw that something was wrong with the LA damage output.

I got all resistances capped

nearly all gems are level 20 with 20 quality

Tell me what I'm missing? And please explain how the body armour is connected to the LA damage if I have LA socketed in voltarix?

Last edited by armik_npc on Oct 22, 2016, 12:21:51 PM
"
armik_npc wrote:
"
Rho378 wrote:
"
armik_npc wrote:

I bought a 6 link voltarix and linked it the same way you told me. The LA damage is around 30.,5k in hideout with 2 auras turned on and ice golem

I dont know why youre referring to the body armour if my LA is in a 6 link voltarix bow just like this guide requires. I was planning to buy a 6 link body armour for the Blast rain but gave up when I saw that something was wrong with the LA damage output.

I got all resistances capped

nearly all gems are level 20 with 20 quality

Tell me what I'm missing? And please explain how the body armour is connected to the LA damage if I have LA socketed in voltarix?

oh your weapon wasnt on your profile, but 30k damage output is fine, try to get 6 link for balst rain, and get ele damage with weapons in all your jewelries with life.
link on my LA
started working full time so i wont be able to post daily vids. But will be posting more worth while video, like full tab of currencies from dried lake. will upload when i get a full tab. just brain dead farming dried like rn
Decided to respec a little: refused to use vaal pact and every node up from it.
Continued line to the marauder and scion areas to take top life nodes.
Pros: ~600 extra life and 90 extra STR
Cons: lost some DPS, but really not too many
Theretical new tree

How it's going without Vaal Pact? Just the same, as with it, but better. We aren't able to factank bosses anyway, for everything else increased leech and regen is OK. Also, I'm not degenerating anymore while Blood rage is active.

Bought this gloves:

Extremely cheap (3 vaals!), but works well for Lightning and Fire parts of our damage, also it helps to Herald of Ice freeze stuff more often.
Using Frenzy to generate frenzy charges at bosses
I think, I need to drop Merc Kraitin +1 frenzy reward for extra passive point with this gloves, because it's harder to manage and lower duration. And add some Frenzy duration nodes in the tree - we have it near Shadow.

Also, I'm using Phase Run in CWDT setup - this is extremely well combo for every boss fight or in the trap cases (i.e. Lab)

Just make sure that Phase run linked after Immortal Call

Added Decoy Totem. It able to save your ass sometimes too.

The sadly part is that there is no more place to any Power charges generators. But our DPS is OK without it anyway.
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Last edited by SilverWF on Oct 27, 2016, 6:35:38 AM
phase run is actually pretty genius! will have to try that.

But the biggest con for not having vaal pact is the reflect mobs that will insta kill you, once you hit 95+ you'll either have to use vaal pact or get acuity gloves.
Video with 1 tab currencies from dried lake will be uploaded soon. Working on a tab currencies from docks next.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info