[2.1] Airstrike Inbound, a crit poison Bladefall Trapper

Has anyone access to a Bino's? Id like to know how that interacts with this build before farming for one.
I keep finding myself dying to flicker strike enemies, how are you dealing with them?
Guild: <ACE> Alpha Crucis Exiles
Last edited by Decc on Dec 18, 2015, 5:19:19 AM
Why not travel down to the Trap nodes in the bottom left, past the Ranger nodes? It's only 5 nodes travel time, which seems like a lot but you travel a lot further. I would probably give up a few crit nodes for that.

It's like +92% trap damage, two additional traps, and some throwing speed/trigger radius to boot.

You can pick up Herbalism too, which is nice.
"
Terrisman wrote:
Why not travel down to the Trap nodes in the bottom left, past the Ranger nodes? It's only 5 nodes travel time, which seems like a lot but you travel a lot further. I would probably give up a few crit nodes for that.

It's like +92% trap damage, two additional traps, and some throwing speed/trigger radius to boot.

https://goo.gl/HE9J8n
"
Earigami wrote:
"
Terrisman wrote:

https://goo.gl/HE9J8n

Yea, exactly what I was thinking of. I like this version better myself.
I think that tree looks pretty solid too. I do end up picking up more life in the Templar area than I would've going down to Herbalism, but that much trap damage is nothing to scoff at either. I think with better gear (good life rolls etc.) the tree travelling down to the bottom right will probably edge out the Templar tree. One thing to consider is that I'm using a Ming's Heart which cuts my life pretty hard, losing the large amount of life that's available to the Templar might drop me below 3k HP. The Master Sapper cluster definitely offers more damage at the expense of life and an extra power charge. Hard to say exactly which tree is better. I'll probably update the main post with an alternative tree when I have a little more time to spare. Thanks for the input, awesome to see people pushing the build.
noot
"
AznR4ge wrote:
I think that tree looks pretty solid too. I do end up picking up more life in the Templar area than I would've going down to Herbalism, but that much trap damage is nothing to scoff at either. I think with better gear (good life rolls etc.) the tree travelling down to the bottom right will probably edge out the Templar tree. One thing to consider is that I'm using a Ming's Heart which cuts my life pretty hard, losing the large amount of life that's available to the Templar might drop me below 3k HP. The Master Sapper cluster definitely offers more damage at the expense of life and an extra power charge. Hard to say exactly which tree is better. I'll probably update the main post with an alternative tree when I have a little more time to spare. Thanks for the input, awesome to see people pushing the build.

I did something like this as well, taking Acro, the Revenge of the Hunted cluster, and maybe looking toward ranger start for more life + evasion. You're definitely right that going to Templar has more optimal life clusters, but there's a bit more life to be had down the ranger side if one wants it. Taking the Witch life nodes too, that puts you at 140%. A little low, but as you also said, good life gear can pick up some of the slack although the HC folks out there might want to not do this :)

On a related note, how do you fare running traps on mana? I fimd to be able to throw a ton when in trouble, I need Clarity and about 40% of my mana left over for it to be fluid while playing. Maybe grabbing a bit of mana on my gear would go a long way to be able to to work a second 25% aura in?
Last edited by JoeODanger on Dec 19, 2015, 3:46:15 PM
I'm only running a single blasphemy (supported by increased AoE for 49% reservation) and I do have to pop a slow mana pot if I'm throwing lots of traps.
noot
Time to say ... Thanks !

...for this well written guide
and
...for answering my questions ingame.

After Bladefall + Deerstalker leveling was a smooth sailing.
Have always to kite, but i one-shot almost everything.

Imo the best build to begin a new league.
Last edited by Maggsi on Dec 21, 2015, 11:09:52 PM
"
Maggsi wrote:
Time to say ... Thanks !

...for this well written guide
and
...for answering my questions ingame.

After Bladefall + Deerstalker leveling was a smooth sailing.
Have always to kite, but i one-shot almost everything.

Imo the best build to begin a new league.

Thanks for the comment. I updated the gear and my current skill tree in the guide so they're now up to date (level 84).

Also for anyone interested in how the build plays I'll pull some highlights from my twitch (url here) soon and upload them as YouTube videos.
noot
Last edited by AznR4ge on Dec 21, 2015, 11:21:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info