[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

at the moment the fire immunity doesn't work in alpha. Helmann is streaming rf totems.

The thing is, it still seems like a bug, and could probably be fixed before release, so hold your horses and be patient.
"
couple things...

firstly, in regards to the less duration + rapid decay issue. possibly worth it taking the Totemic Zeal cluster below the scion life area? 5 pts, 8% cast speed, 40% duration, 45% placement speed to offset? on my leveling build right now in live I have to spend 3 pts right now on dex and only get the dex and placement speed on totem builds is really nice...also puts you next to sentinel which is always nice for early league to offset super shit gear.

I think until now nobody cared about it because totems would always burn themselves faster than they expire.

"

Secondly, watching the state of exile podcast, ziggy says that you 'cant get rid of the orb of storms once you cast it' - removing the gem, weapon swap, doesn't matter.

SO! seeing as how RF totems is already pretttty full on gem slots its going to be tricky to fit in an ice spear setup to proc elemental overload or to get a blind/rarity cull setup going this should open up some options for us. some combos I see on swap:

#1 - orb of storms - increased crit chance - faster casting/inc aoe/inc duration
#2 - orb of storms - blind - culling strike
#3 - orb of storms - culling strike - item rarity

or some combo of the 3 depending on what you're after be it maximal EO uptime or utility. alternatively you could have a 2h wep with 4+ links available.

Even tho Orb of Storms looks like a trap to me is actually considered a selfcast ability meaning it will stack Corrupting Blood on you but it is also will give you the power charges. So PCoC is an option because base critical strike chance of OoS is 6%. On the other hand Ice Spear in second form have 49% chance to crit on its own, with an addition of new Increased Critical Strikes gem it will be close to 65% without any other investment.

So to justify the use of OoS over Ice Spears we much either add a curse on hit or blind or God knows whatever secondary effect because OoS may fail us on the Elemental Overload when it actually matters - against tough bosses with no additional targets for OoS to split beams to.

Anyway changing from Ice Spears to OoS is just a matter of a gem swap.
Wow, im so happy that there is totem placement speed on the minor ascendancy nodes. Im currently trying the build on live (lvl 50) and the only thing i can complain about is that it takes forever to cast them. additional 20% quality + 20% from the ascendancy should help a lot.
Last edited by Koksii on Feb 28, 2016, 8:30:13 PM
Is there a reason why you want to build power charges? Only reason I can see using OoS or Ice Spear or even ice trap vs Lightning trap is to proc EE for bosses.

Unless I am missing something?
"
Avmantox wrote:
Is there a reason why you want to build power charges? Only reason I can see using OoS or Ice Spear or even ice trap vs Lightning trap is to proc EE for bosses.

Unless I am missing something?

There will be a new node called Elemental Overload that gives you 40% MORE elemental damage each time you crit (buff is 8s long). Downside is your critical multiplier is 0, pff.

So power charges will give you 150% increased critical strike chance and therefore increase the chance of OoS to proc Elemental Overload to 15% with each hit (and it hits quite often).

Helman was streaming his RF shenanigans and he has Elemental Overload buff at all times against packs but when it comes to single target it falls off quite often.

I donno why they are talking about orb of storms either.

U only need 1 ice spear + maybe the increased crit chance gem in order to proc the Elemental Overload node.

It is a new passive key point, if we have critted in the last 8 secs, it gives us ...40% more ele dmg.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Feb 28, 2016, 8:49:02 PM
Skill tree's out guys, have fun.

https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases/tag/2.2.4

EDIT: Quick version of the RF Totem tree, no significant changes.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FFnm64-xq48LRDMDF8LYYNfg8wrthynr2y3PoxGU6Vo8kGH_gr4k_AfnL756PJF2L2iAA0faHQ64TWSBLPhczwo2mKmV_6PmjsYVk3jgpuf3-w473w8BYV7OthmVCcvkFUaOFnzcg9xhWaeeub60ljlY_0Wbx0UFy_DE0bXJKrjahJpj0Zk51orNukXHKcIUfuboVXWo_JxeZ2u2CTNFhhq99eApAN1VkgfGHgvrJiRK3zl8Ww6WFh3WAc22CGwVcZfBEkbg9sqjQQH7FVMs5eV0B9SU-_rPV-X9A==
Last edited by elitedesolator on Feb 28, 2016, 9:24:26 PM
Aha so its about trying to find Ice Spear + PCoC + Increased Crit somewhere in our links hmm and yeah already started to theorycraft with the new tree now ;)

EDIT: Can just load in new trees with the new offline skill planner works legit
Last edited by Avmantox on Feb 28, 2016, 9:27:24 PM
"
Avmantox wrote:
Aha so its about trying to find Ice Spear + PCoC + Increased Crit somewhere in our links hmm and yeah already started to theorycraft with the new tree now ;)

PCoC doesn't actually help.

Just Ice Spear Inc. Crit Strikes Faster Casting or GMP.
So having more power charges wont give increased crit anymore? Is that new?

Edit: Then just use faster casting i guess.

The buff seems very strong for RF totems for sure.

Now just need to see if Immune to fire damage bug will be fixed or the degen isn't included and its just external fire damage from mobs that it is immune to.
Last edited by Avmantox on Feb 28, 2016, 9:29:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info