[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
Marchosiae wrote:
How did you leveled it til RF totens became a stable source of damage?

Ty!


Freeze pulse + freeze pulse totem, but it doesnt really matter which spell you choose. I killed dominus normal with rf totems so you can start pretty early if you want. Just use the rf totem, if you feel comfortable with it specc into dual totem.
You only need Searing Bond, flammability and Purity of Fire, then you can start.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1623473

The Forum Thread with my Guides and Builds
Wow... You changed skilltree from one day to the other, now I'm lost here. ):
so first of all, congrats to this pretty nice build.

i started playing like 3 days ago in this new league and i really enjoy the build.

but i have a few questions.

1. could you check my gear and tell me which things i should improve?

im aiming for a doryanis but cant afford it atm. carcass jack or lightning coil? im not sure if carcass would solve my problem with feeling squishy, same for belly.
atm i dont have any defensive auras active. my resists are capped and im at 3.9 k life and 324 ES.
and btw i prefer windscream over the doedre ring because you get much more stats out of it. the price difference is marginal in talisman league.


2. which curse did you drop and which aura are you running right now, grace? determination? is armor better than evasion? vit?
i feel like really squishy sometimes encountering some bosses like malachai, i died so often when i killed him with my friend on merciless.

4. your playstile regarding EE, do you just use it on hard encounters? how long lasts this "debuff" or whatever it is called? im not so experienced regarding EE. do you throw a trap to the boss and then put down your totem next to him? i imagine doing this at packs, lasts too long. i havent skilled EE yet because i wasnt quiet sure how to use it properly.


thanks and sorry for the wall of text.



sincerly

your pink powerranger aka DONTLIKEPANTS
Last edited by hekaria on Dec 18, 2015 9:41:55 AM
Hello,

i wanna try your build in HC. Which damage nodes/curse should i drop in favor of more life/enfeeble?
"
Completed 36 Challengeshekaria wrote:


1. could you check my gear and tell me which things i should improve?

im aiming for a doryanis but cant afford it atm. carcass jack or lightning coil? im not sure if carcass would solve my problem with feeling squishy, same for belly.
atm i dont have any defensive auras active. my resists are capped and im at 3.9 k life and 324 ES.
and btw i prefer windscream over the doedre ring because you get much more stats out of it. the price difference is marginal in talisman league.


2. which curse did you drop and which aura are you running right now, grace? determination? is armor better than evasion? vit?
i feel like really squishy sometimes encountering some bosses like malachai, i died so often when i killed him with my friend on merciless.

4. your playstile regarding EE, do you just use it on hard encounters? how long lasts this "debuff" or whatever it is called? im not so experienced regarding EE. do you throw a trap to the boss and then put down your totem next to him? i imagine doing this at packs, lasts too long. i havent skilled EE yet because i wasnt quiet sure how to use it properly.


1.
i could check it later and write a pm.

carcass for clearspeed, belly/coil for defence. use flasks (grantite/jade), get a high armor shield.

Windscream is the better item, i use doedres because it dropped for me. the good thing with doedre is thst you can use 30%ms boots.

2.
My gear is in the gear section or on my profile. atm i am using blasphemy+flammability+ele weakness and purity of fire. I dont feel squishy at all, just use enduring cry and stack some armor.
armor is not really better than evasion, both are equal in their own way. armor is in general better against small hits, evasion against bigger ones.
You do something wrong if you get hit by malachai too often, a totem char shouldnt get hit that much by him.
stay on range, place totems and move.

3/4

you place your totems, throw a trap and the enemy is debuffed for 4 secs with -50 resists to the elements you didnt use.
i use it on curse immune/tanky rares and bosses.

for regular packs it is not necassary because they die too fast, it takes longer to apply EE than killing them without it.

most of the stuff in writte in the guide tok
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1623473

The Forum Thread with my Guides and Builds
"
Completed 36 ChallengesZonktastic wrote:
Hello,

i wanna try your build in HC. Which damage nodes/curse should i drop in favor of more life/enfeeble?


drop vulnerability, its the weakest of those 3

drop the lowest nodes for survivability.
you should keep the burning cluster and the fire cluster below, the chaos/dot cluster to the right of dualcurse is mediocre and can be ignored.

i would recommend curse on hit ball lightning with 2 curses and maybe one on cwdt instead of blasphemy. better use grace (shitty gear) or determination (good armour gear).
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1623473

The Forum Thread with my Guides and Builds
"
Completed 36 ChallengesMilkyslice wrote:
"
Marchosiae wrote:
How did you leveled it til RF totens became a stable source of damage?

Ty!


Freeze pulse + freeze pulse totem, but it doesnt really matter which spell you choose. I killed dominus normal with rf totems so you can start pretty early if you want. Just use the rf totem, if you feel comfortable with it specc into dual totem.
You only need Searing Bond, flammability and Purity of Fire, then you can start.


Thank you

I found a great way to level up quick, using a night's hold black maw talisman with flame totem. The damage and the sinergy with this build is great, and can carry you till you can get act 4 gems easly.
The only problem is that flame totem seens to trigger EE, so is probably best to wait til you start using RF at full power before grabing it.
Last edited by Marchosiae on Dec 18, 2015 3:26:09 PM
I just got pyre, sapphire ring. It's worth to use? Increses burning damage in 25%.
And i got a 5l armor, with 3r and 2b, but i dont have the currence to trade the colors, any sugestion for a red gem to put there? Its my righteous fire piece.
Last edited by claydbp on Dec 18, 2015 9:33:40 PM
"
Completed 7 Challengesclaydbp wrote:
I just got pyre, sapphire ring. It's worth to use? Increses burning damage in 25%.
And i got a 5l armor, with 3r and 2b, but i dont have the currence to trade the colors, any sugestion for a red gem to put there? Its my righteous fire piece.


in the early game yes, later not really, better get life, %fire damage, some resists and maybe dex. A doedre helmet can give you 80% elemental damage alone, not worth sacrificing a ring slot for that.

Item Quanitiy gem is the only one that can work in a 3rd red socket... you should recolor fast or just use it as a 4link.

1 or 2 reds are fine tho.

"
Marchosiae wrote:

I found a great way to level up quick, using a night's hold black maw talisman with flame totem.

The damage and the sinergy with this build is great, and can carry you till you can get act 4 gems easly.
The only problem is that flame totem seens to trigger EE, so is probably best to wait til you start using RF at full power before grabing it.


yes that works too. EE shouldnt be picked until you get dual totems
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1623473

The Forum Thread with my Guides and Builds
Last edited by Milkyslice on Dec 19, 2015 3:34:15 AM
"
Wow... You changed skilltree from one day to the other, now I'm lost here. ):


i didnt change much, the pathing can be the same and i just added curse nodes ... its a build in progress
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1623473

The Forum Thread with my Guides and Builds

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info