[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

What are you talking about empower? it doesnt work with rf totems, only searing bond

I dont think its slightly more damage with less curse effectiveness (which gives offence and defence!).
The jewel @EE could be changed for the armourjewel/elejewel, same points but more bonis.

The ironwood pathing is nothing for me, the lifenodes on the way are okish but you havent even skilled the other ones (life wheel). Overall Ironwood is too far away for me, i came to the conclusion that 2 jewels are better than the cluster.

There are 2 travelpoints to RT before you reach any lifenode, 4 for ironwood, that are 6 points that could be invested in jewels. The lifenodes could be spend somewhere else, there are many free points left.

Dont get me wrong i thought about the IronWood path too, but it was too ineffective for me and the only thing that increases my clearspeed marginal is AoE and Curse Effectiveness.

4 Curses or not is a personal preference, Enfeeble reduces the damage (my gemlvl and effectiveness) by 29%, that are 7 endurance charges (phys and ele!) for one ringslot.

Yeah my jewels are not good at all but thats because in dont have time to play much and like other characters too ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Feb 20, 2016, 1:40:32 AM
First of all I want to thank Milky for your guide. I don't usually post but I have been playing RF using your guide in Talisman and love every single moment of it.

I was checking Elementalist's tree it appears to offer more than that of Chieftain's
Liege of the Primordial: it gives us 80% increased damage if we use a Fire Golem
(40% with active golem and 40% from Fire Golem itself since the skill grants 100% bonus to Golem's ability. Not an expert on skill ruling but it should provide bonus to our totem.

Pendulum of Destruction: Kinda useless but spike damage once a while is fine

Mastermind of Discord: This just boost our EE by 20% to a total of 60% fire penetration since we normally use Lightning Trap or Vaal Lightning Trap.

Overall it offers a lot of more dps than Chieftain

Looking at Chieftain
Arohongui: gives you 16% increased fire damage

Nagamahu: gives you 35%

Total 51% increased fire damage cant even compete with a single Liege of the Primordial can provide

The 8% damage reduction and the "free" endurance charge are nice but not exactly needed.

We are getting screwed bad because Tukohama's fire damage when hit. If it can be reworked as physical damage on hit that would be much better.

Overall it appears Elementalist gives us better value unless the minor nodes of Cheftain provides loads totem life
Last edited by babalian on Feb 20, 2016, 2:12:20 AM
This build sucks. I accidentally ran into a Carnage ground smash and ripped. 0/10, somebody please kill me
Milky, this looks like a fun build.

How does this build compare to LiftingNerdBro's dual flame blood magic marauder?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1050038

I was playing the dual flame totem marauder build on HC talisman league, but ripped at level 88. How does this build compare? Flame totems are good since they spray fire in all directions and kill enemies fast, are the dual RF totems slower? How does the damage compare?

Was thinking of trying the new HC league with marauder as chieftan ascendancy class.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks!
"
FBomb666 wrote:

How does this build compare to LiftingNerdBro's dual flame blood magic marauder?

I was playing the dual flame totem marauder build on HC talisman league, but ripped at level 88. How does this build compare? Flame totems are good since they spray fire in all directions and kill enemies fast, are the dual RF totems slower? How does the damage compare?

Was thinking of trying the new HC league with marauder as chieftan ascendancy class.

Thanks!

I can't say which ascendancy class will be the best at this moment, the scion class and the small nodes of the chieftain arent released yet and there may be some changes to the classes. I will update the mainpage or make a new post about it when there are a few days left to the next league.

Atm i'm not a big fan of the chieftain but that can change... there arent any patchnodes as well... who knows what will. happen until then ;)

I have some videos where you can see the performance in maps/atziri and see it. yourself.
Played a flametotem char for party mfing... and was bored. The damage and clearspeed was just lower. The reason i rolled the char was the possibility to. use culling strike which isn't possible with rf totems.

Both builds dont require much currency but rf totems seem to have way more power on the same budget.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Feb 20, 2016, 2:44:15 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
FBomb666 wrote:

Thanks!

I can't say which ascendancy class will be the best at this moment, the scion class and the small nodes of the chieftain arent released yet and there may be some changes to the classes. I will update the mainpage or make a new post about it when there are a few days left to the next league.

Atm i'm not a big fan of the chieftain but that can change... there arent any patchnodes as well... who knows what will. happen until then ;)

I have some videos where you can see the performance in maps/atziri and see it. yourself.
Played a flametotem char for party mfing... and was bored. The damage and clearspeed was just lower. The reason i rolled the char was the possibility to. use culling strike which isn't possible with rf totems.

Both builds dont require much currency but rf totems seem to have way more power on the same budget.

as it stands RF totems with chieftain nodes get 100% fire resist
Domine Non Es Dignus
"
babalian wrote:
First of all I want to thank Milky for your guide. I don't usually post but I have been playing RF using your guide in Talisman and love every single moment of it.

I was checking Elementalist's tree it appears to offer more than that of Chieftain's
Liege of the Primordial: it gives us 80% increased damage if we use a Fire Golem
(40% with active golem and 40% from Fire Golem itself since the skill grants 100% bonus to Golem's ability. Not an expert on skill ruling but it should provide bonus to our totem.

Pendulum of Destruction: Kinda useless but spike damage once a while is fine

Mastermind of Discord: This just boost our EE by 20% to a total of 60% fire penetration since we normally use Lightning Trap or Vaal Lightning Trap.

Overall it offers a lot of more dps than Chieftain

Looking at Chieftain
Arohongui: gives you 16% increased fire damage

Nagamahu: gives you 35%

Total 51% increased fire damage cant even compete with a single Liege of the Primordial can provide

The 8% damage reduction and the "free" endurance charge are nice but not exactly needed.

We are getting screwed bad because Tukohama's fire damage when hit. If it can be reworked as physical damage on hit that would be much better.

Overall it appears Elementalist gives us better value unless the minor nodes of Cheftain provides loads totem life

Do note that the damage increase from Arohogui is the equivalent of a "more" damage multiplier (similar to Point Blank in that it increases damage that enemies take), which means it's multiplicative with all the modifiers the build has with RF totem. All of Elementalist's notables are "increased" damage, which are additive with other "increased" modifiers.

Furthermore, there's also Tukohama which increases the RF totems' damage by 8% of the totems' Life, which also applies to any other totem placed down (i.e. Searing Bond). Immunity to fire damage and increased armour also means that the RF totem lasts for more than a couple seconds (more relevant for bosses, since regular mobs die too fast for it to matter). Unfortunately the build can't take advantage of the Taunt on Hit, since neither RF nor Searing Bond hits.
Just keep in mind that the Tukohama buff that allows Totems to deal 8% of their life as fire damage when hit will most likely work against you if you have EE, since it will proc with Fire Damage and thus increase Enemy Fire Res by 25%.

That's the only thing I don't like about the Chieftan for this build. I think it'll be worth dropping EE though. That will mean less micromanagement for us, and the 'Enemies take 16% more fire damage' more multiplier should make up for that along with (most likely) the smaller nodes on the tree.
Berserker is 40% MORE damage, atm better than the whole chieftain tree.

There may change some things and new stuff gets released, tree changes which may affect the classchoice etc.

I wait at least 7 days until ill choose a class.

Atm i really like EE for bosses and curse immune maps and wouldnt drop it, but who knows if there are some curse/mapmod changes we dont know about

Last edited by Milkyslice on Feb 21, 2016, 12:19:27 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
is 40% MORE damage, atm better than the whole chieftain tree.

There may change some things and new stuff gets released, tree changes which may affect the classchoice etc.

I wait at least 7 days until ill choose a class.

Atm i really like EE for bosses and curse immune maps and wouldnt drop it, but who knows if there are some curse/mapmod changes we dont know about

according to the GGG website its 40% more Berserker damage.
Not sure if it is a typing mistake or berserker damage is a different thing altogether.

@Milky
How is the Scalability to Uber? Most builds can do atziri these days. Ascendency is gonna make sure a lot more join that mix.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Feb 21, 2016, 3:25:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info