[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
Milkyslice wrote:
EO only proccs on selfcast, not traps/mines/minions/totems.

Are you sure about this? AFAIK, totem skills are treated as your hits while minions' hits do not count as yours (at least for EE).

(Edit) I just read the Wiki about EE and here is something I don't understand:

"
Use an area attack combined with indirect damage sources, such as Searing Bond or minions with elemental damage.

Does that mean Searing Bond will trigger EE?

Last edited by tomay on Sep 30, 2016, 11:15:17 AM
"
tomay wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:
EO only proccs on selfcast, not traps/mines/minions/totems.

Are you sure about this? AFAIK, totem skills are treated as your hits while minions' hits do not count as yours (at least for EE).

(Edit) I just read the Wiki about EE and here is something I don't understand:

"
Use an area attack combined with indirect damage sources, such as Searing Bond or minions with elemental damage.

Does that mean Searing Bond will trigger EE?

1) Yeah totems work for ee, but not eo, i am sure about that. But you can test it yourself in dried lake. Played crit flameblast totems a bit (which was for me worse than rf totems by the way with medium investement) and it never triggered except my shield charge critted or oos.

2)Your quote says that the best use for EE is a combination with minions or non ee triggering skills like searing bond (which cannot trigger ee).
It is pretty common to use curse on hit balllighting with ee on summoners which use hatred and maybe added fire on the minions (srs deal part firedmg).
The exception, afaik, is using malachais artifice ring socketed with a minion. I mean that i read that the socketed minion could procc the small ee (like a lightning golem).

RF and Searing bond cant procc ee on enemys and are great excamples how to use it.

dual or tri element trapper are good with ee, too. Like cycling fire/icetrap. Was pretty common a few leagues ago, but singletrap trapper are already strong tho.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Sep 30, 2016, 3:14:09 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
I saw some ppl. here which didnt use ee at all, but i think a 50% more multiplier for 3 points max is totally worth the investement.

Oh, I agree, it is certainly worth the three passives. However, you'll need EO only for very few bosses in high tier endgame maps. As I said, the likes of Kaom or Daresso go down rather easy even without EO but you don't want to do Rigwald, Malachai, Uber Izaro or the Guardians without it. ;)

Meaning, my trap gem is sitting idle in the inventory for the most part, only to be swapped when really really need.

"
Milkyslice wrote:
at higher levels its already possible to use every utility skill on mana without the essence, at least for me.

Care to let me in on "your secret"? ;)

I do like my three curses with Blasphemy and still cannot figure out how to use anything else without BM (7 Mana left). Not that it bothers me too much, I'm getting by just fine.

The only way I can see would casting the third curse (say Temp Chains or Enfeeble) manually or-at a much lower level-via CWDT. And I'm a bit too lazy for that... :D

Right now I'm using OoS and the Golem linked with Culling Strike, certainly not vital but it does make a difference. So if you can spare the socket it's well worth it.
Last edited by tomay on Oct 1, 2016, 5:14:56 AM
The "secret" is soveignity ;)

https://poe.mikelat.com/#Zkm=_m/CSrRc.

it also should be updated in the skilltrees etc since a good week

Last edited by Milkyslice on Oct 1, 2016, 6:36:26 AM
Ah, you did take the 6%... ;)

If i got my maths right this would leave me with 54 Mana. Surely enough for OoS, Golem and traps. SB is fine with BM. Not sure about the movement skill but it would free up at least one socket which I could use for Fortify. Might be worth it.
Last edited by tomay on Oct 1, 2016, 6:48:55 AM
"
tomay wrote:
Ah, you did take the 6%... ;)

If i got my maths right this would leave me with 54 Mana. Surely enough for OoS, Golem and traps. SB is fine with BM. Not sure about the movement skill but it would free up at least one socket which I could use for Fortify. Might be worth it.

yeah searing bond depends on the gear, sb lvl and playerlevel (since levels give some extra mana). My searing Bond costs 1 mana less than my free manapool :)
The baseregen is (for me) enough to spam shield charge, one ring with manaregen should seal the deal if there are any problems.
It is worth it for me, saves around 3 gemslots with just one point invested for other stuff like support gems (fortify, blind...) or situational active gems (decoy totem...).
Well i dont really use decoy because the totem rotation is fucked up for berserker, but on a chieftain its way easier to use. The problem is a overloaded skillbar ;)

Another benefit is ES recharge is not stopped from using skills with the BM gem, which is not THAT important on a char that doesnt invest in ES, but with carcass, doedres scorn + intelligence %es alone its easy to reach over 500 es... and its nice to have that little extraes against hard hits. Even if only 1es is regened it gives 50% stunavoidance ;)

With Soveignity i added instead of the BM gem:

- Increased duration in oos + vortextrap. This gives me 17.5 sec oos and 5,25 sec vortex chilled ground. The first is nice on bosses, one cast is often the whole bossfight long, the vortex ground is up almost as long as the EE debuff is ;)

- Enduring cry + vlt + duration was used with a bm gem, now i added decoy totem which i rarely use at all. could be used in a 3l insead. would use searing bond in that slot with reduced mana gem. Or swap in the golem (which i dont use anymore because lazyness). GMP is also possible for more shocking ground coverage. Note that chain doesnt work since VLT has 100% pierce.
Rallying cry is also possible.

- searing bond setup with reduced managem instead of bm or potentially in a 3link if the manacosts are fine.

So thats what 1 point offers.

The setup works great for me, but there is nothing set in stone. Blind on OoS is nice, curse on hit with a 4th curse or as a 3rd one has potential (dropping vortextrap and duration, add coh+curse+icetrap), adding pcoc for faster proccs and/or aylardex stuff (not worth it :p), culling strike (i rather use a weapon swap with heartseeker, lets an active oos cull instantly instead of wasting a gem). you could 4link the movementskill with a stonegolem which gets slightly tankier with fortify.
Add a cwdt setup is possible, too. I dont like cwdt immortal call that much anymore, since i use the charges to overcap the resists and loosing charges to immortall call procced by eledmg can be deadlier than the benefit of immortal call gives as safety. It also doesnt help against big hits (like izaro slash). I rather keep my 4 charges up for reliable migration.
cwdt vortex aoe doesnt do much for a mobile char, but is possible. Arctic breath works too, but the duration is pretty low and wants gmp in addition to be reliable.

Tested around a lot with gemsetup, for my berserker and my playstyle it works the best.

Currently i play a CI Juggernaut Hegemonys Era Crit Sweeper with Abyssus which i enjoy a lot. But once he gets some Guardian mapdrops (so unlucky after several good rolled, zana modded t15s) i will run those with rf totems and record it for the video section.

Edit: I added the gear and tree of my ci juggernaut hegesweeper in the link of my signature. The char still needs 10 lvls and 10ex investement to really shine ;)

Last edited by Milkyslice on Oct 1, 2016, 9:55:21 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
The problem is a overloaded skillbar ;)

Now there's something I do not like at all.

I'd like to keep it rather simple, easy to manage, cycling through a gazillion of skills to make a build work is not my cup of tea. Swapping the trap gem when needed is about as far as I'm willing to go. Though I have done some hexproof & resist maps, I'd rather re-roll such maps now than wasting my time.

I'm almost at lvl 94 and can do high tier maps with ease, and I can confirm that it is possible to use your utilities entirely on BM.

I have tried both Shield Charge and Whirling Blades (w Daresso's) but I'm back to Leap now. And you're right, the benefits of CWDT + Immo Call are debatable, there are other options, for example Tempest Shield and/or AB + GMP.

Also a Golem is nice to have but not that important for this build, certainly something you can do without. With 500 life regenerated per second I don't really feel the need for a Stone Golem and 20% incr damage more or less doesn't make much of a difference, the implicit on one of these lovely new Opal Rings can be more than that and with an Essence of Anger the ring will be as good as three Flame Golems. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Oct 1, 2016, 11:15:34 AM
regulary i run

leftclick: force move
middle: VLT or Decoy totem. Some bosses dont work well with VLT like Izaro(no charges) or Daresso or other high mobility bosses.
right: rf totem
1: movementskill
2: orb
3: vortextrap
4: enduring cry
5: searing bond

so there is no room for selfcasting a golem or other stuff. well i use movement, rf and enduring cry all the time and the other stuff more on boxes, essences and bosses.
So i have a relaxed gameplay for normal content and stuff to do against bosses.

Golems are nice earlier when a stone golem grants like 3% liferegen (which are flat 100 reg on 3k life). on 6k life its 1.5% and even lower on higher lifepools. Spamming the golem every 2-3 packs in high tier maps is not worth it in my opinion.
High lvl cwdt + golem is a choice if someone really wants it

Last edited by Milkyslice on Oct 1, 2016, 1:54:11 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
a stone golem grants like 3% liferegen

I don't like the Stone Golem much with Totem builds anyway, he's always interfering with mobs, keeping them away from the deadly stuff. ;)
"
tomay wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:
a stone golem grants like 3% liferegen

I don't like the Stone Golem much with Totem builds anyway, he's always interfering with mobs, keeping them away from the deadly stuff. ;)

Well a benefit is his taunt which lets bosses deal 10% less damage to you (until he dies in 1-2 hits).
But you mentioned another downside... there are up and downs ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info